Ueno is a decent person in the anime

Ueno is a decent person in the anime.

She's cool so I think so.

Do you think KyoAni was afraid to make her a bitch like she is in the manga?

She's 'nicer' than she was in the manga but I wouldn't call her decent, she's still cartoonishly mean.

Are there any other characters like her and Ami?

What the fuck has to do Ami in this thread?

>anime secondaries

It's amazing how KyoAni can make the that the character who was written purely as an antagonist better than the Mary Sue retard.

Ueno has a decent body in the anime.

Nah, ueno is still shit and inferior to Shouko in the movie as well. In before contrarians bawwwwwwww

nao is shouya's wife in the anime and manga

Im still hit bad after this anime

So does mary sue just refer to anyone who's not a complete piece of shit now?

I'm glad kyoani took out that film subplot,
at least ueno seemed like a good big sister

The only thing she really does wrong is being complicit in the system of peer pressure and Japanese bullying, which is something nearly everyone in the movie is guilty of.
Acting like she was uniquely guilty of bullying is totally missing the point of it all.

Well she had clear motivation, she wasn't supposed to be the character the audience likes. shes a good character in the sense of her role but she was kinda just put there to make conflict, but she was a bitch. I like her

GO GO

>The only thing she really does wrong is being complicit in the system of peer pressure and Japanese bullying, which is something nearly everyone in the movie is guilty of.
Everyone else was moving past it already. Why was she clinging on it so hard, Shouya didn't even seem to really give a shit about her in the first place anyway?

a real human being

The character just exists to add conflict to the story. The audience is supposed to dislike her because she's mean, but it's more sensible to dislike her because she's just sort of a shit character instead. Which translates to liking her on Sup Forums to fit in with all the contrarians on here I guess.

That's the part I'm the most conflicted on. They didn't really go into much of it in the movie but from what I've seen in the manga she was super into him for some weird reason and I also don't find that a satisfying motivation.

>Everyone else was moving past it already.
The entire reason she was bullied in the first place was because she was making things awkward in the classroom(such as losing them the choir competition). Same thing was happening again when they met up later. MC had to fucking pretend to be cheerful for an entire summer to keep up a mood since she isn't fun to be around. Would have only been a matter of time until he got sick of her. Ueno just decided to call her out on creating a bad atmosphere and didn't try to sugarcoat shit. Shouko would have tried to kill herself many more times if not for Ueno showing her how oblivious she was to the people around her.