Ushio and tora

this series was incredible. I haven't cried since Zatch bell and animal land
>that soundtrack
>that villain
>that villain's voice
>the tails actually being useful than just looking pretty
actually cried more than once. s1 was kind of boring and I almost dropped it but glad I just kept it in on my backlog.

Other urls found in this thread:

funnuraba.tumblr.com/post/153923592977/done-with-anime-fandom-until-Sup
youtube.com/watch?v=yGo22EEX5S0
youtube.com/watch?v=zszfrrhm6y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i dropped it desu

Smuggest

Hakumen no Mono is a great villain.

>childhood friend tomboy wins
what the fuck it's like my dream come true

Same. Really uninteresting series.

S3 never

I was exactly the same. I almost dropped at the beginning. I'm glad I stuck with it and felt really sad seeing it end.

I listend to the soundtrack to reminisce sometimes.

Glad this gets some love, even when it was airing threads were below 200 every week. I still regularly listen to OP1, OP2, and ED2. It's all so good. Also helps the series was amazing.

Tora is one of the greatest examples of tsundere done right.

It wasn't that good. Felt rushed.

Can you hang in there till s2? It picks up
Yes I felt his terror and hatred and conviction even till the end
Probably I looked at the last chapter and quite a few characters and dialogues were left out. I probably never going to read it since the scans look like shot but honestly.i think they still did great

It's weird. The ops were not really my thing but sometimes I just couldn't help listening to it repeatedly it felt so familiar
Him and the mc created a good balance don't think I would've liked the series as.much as do if they weren't together. Cause honestly there were times I couldn't stand the mc but I'm glad the author made the nd a moralfag spokesman no problem if you have you're a moralfag just when they shove it down other people's throats but this mc didn't do that and maybe that's why I liked him even though he's the type of mc archetype I kind of hate
Well there's two childhood friends
Maybe Tora give her some action on the side

Had I known who wrote the original manga I would have jumped on this in a heartbeat. Now I feel like I missed out

Thanks for my next adventure. Are the scans decent?

I'm going to be completely honest. The scans are fine but the current Translator dropped the series last winter and we're stuck halfway through the series with no future in sight. I'll say it's still worth the read but you're in for a massive blue ball if you do so right now.

i will try just because you asked me to

On a phone so I messed up

That's all I ask

Thanks for telling me but I still out it on my backlog then. Not the first time I've been blue balled

Hakumen no mono voice was the best part of this show

It's sad no one from here will pick it up when this is the retard who was translating it.

funnuraba.tumblr.com/post/153923592977/done-with-anime-fandom-until-Sup Forums-stops-being-a

I think I really like Tora because his voice was takamura from Hajime no Opportunity and strangely enough his backstory and character is just like him it's a perfect match.

>Hajime no Opportunity
Fucking phone

This is beyond retarded. This is like asking a dead body to move whole threatening to kill it's leg thing the leg controls everything

I wasn't going to bring up why the translator dropped it but yeah, this shit was fucking stupid..We had weekly updates, and still have 20 volumes left. I feel that's the real reason the Translator dropped this, going solo on a project that large is definitely a burden.

post some of your favorite screen shot moments of scenes/episodes.

>Ushio and tora thread
Oh shit time to post best girl.

who here masturbated to her human form .

the soundtrack at this literally heightened up the scene for me, felt like that classic Michael Myers soundtrack.
I think hakumen no mono is best girl. but man this scene was scary( not for me but I can feel that im supposed to be scared and heartbreaking(for the kid)

edgy adventure time

so did HNM identify as a girl? cause he's chosen a girl form at least twice in ancient China and I don't know if they were too kind to women in that time. and there was a female voice at the end.
you make that sound like a bad thing.

I wonder how much money they lost animating this.

surprised they animted this at all, wasn't the manga finished a long time ago? when does that ever happen? and I don't think jojo counts

you say this because Jake and Tora are both pupil-less animal sidekicks with orange fur aren't you?

Why not all forms?

seriously I have to think HNM wanted to be born a female and identifies as a female.

Hakumen is GOAT villain.

probably the only villain to actually create some damage from his awakening before his final fight so yeah he is definitely up there for mythical beasts and powerful demons. and his name is definetly god tier. if they had called him kyuubi felt like it would have lost some of his terror. but what does it mean?

I wish Ushio beast'd at the end. I wonder what he'd look like as an azafuse

never mind I googled it, apparently its "one with white face/mask" so definitely a reference to those white fox mask in japan or china.
and also I think this is the first time a villain has tried to destroy an mc's source of power(his friends)
most of the had the same design except for the mouth except guren but probably because he was evil , don't know about the swords though but since its still connected by his mouth its still counts

Were the BDs of this ever uploaded or subbed?

Ive been binge watching my backlog till I got to ushio and I dont feel ready to move on just yet.
another episode I cried at.

I don't think so

Right, cause S2 went to the end of the manga. They cut out a LOT of middle pieces, but that was at the manga creator's request, as he said he REALLY wanted to get the Hakumen no Mono fight done, which he didn't get to in the 90's OVAs.

Hakumen no Mono is based off the myth of Tamamo-no-Mae, integrating the legend into Hakumen no Mono's specifics.

Its more like "thing with the white face" since it has the mono kanji, nicely creepy IMO.

Love this series.

I'll finish the anime someday

Im hoping that I c enjoy it again years later but for now time to download the soundtrack if nyaa even has the full soundtrack.

What will a conversation between Towako(hakumen no mono)
Ragyō from kill la kill and Gyokuen from magi be like ? What will these three mothers talk about ?

It actually was. They skipped a ton of manga arcs.

Not saying it was bad but yeah, they were rushing through a lot of chapters.

honestly it doesnt feel rushed to me. and it feels like all the important pieces were there and the rest were excess and not necessary. if so can you tell me the chapters they skipped?

anyone know where to get the full soundtrack? nyaa has no seeders

I think this is the soundtrack that was playing during this scene, its great.

anyone else have a hard time figuring out what this thing was before the reveal? man I kind wish more mangaka did this instead of a silhouette .

youtube.com/watch?v=yGo22EEX5S0
>Let out a triumphant laugh when Hakumen no Mono gets defeated, but then
>Those dying words
>Then Tora's death and parting words

>s1 was kind of boring and I almost dropped it
I mean, it was, but it was still better than that godawful "everyone forgets me" arc. The second cour and the Hakumen fight were the only decent parts of the series. Ironically, the time travel part was my favorite.

Well damn, S2 is that much better? S1 was very... Flat and TOO shounen trope-y, like it just wanted to be a saturday morning cartoon and nothing more. I could see the potential though, and it wasnt a bad show, just ranged from slightly above average to mediocre with a few good moments here and there. It just made me want to revisit Shaman King which I remember being similar but better in every way

>Hakumen is voiced by Megumi Hayashibara

>tfw it's fucking impossible to find the ost for this scene

This whole sequence was some goddamn kino tho. I still come back to watch it occasionally.

Maybe they will adapt it too some day.

That was the point, all the important stuff was there. They skipped some of Ushio's growth, like the Shumuna fight where the older Yakuza kid sacrifices himself (so Ushio doesn't get his cool coat) and some other things. Mostly the 'Ushio gains an ally that shows up in the end' things, like the girl with the monster dogs in the box, were skipped.

The author was involved with the skipping though, which is good. He gave an interview where he stated he was glad they got to do the finale justice, he would've been disappointed had he not gotten to do the finale as an animated thing this time.

Someone on pixiv drew it.

>Ushio the kitten Azafuse
On the note of adorable Ushio and Tora, here, have this...

youtube.com/watch?v=zszfrrhm6y8

I thought it was dumb as shit with tropes that would have been outdated 30 years ago.

at least the girls were hot.

>A bloo bloo bloo a a modern adaptation of a 90s anime uses tropes

Dude, it's not fucking Shakespear. It's a boy and his magical tiger beating up monsters.