Making chess playing a national mandatory pasttime, could change politics forever

Your brain is seriously rewired if you play chess from an early stage onwards. I literally never met a girl who is a mid to high level chess player who isn’t marriage material. They are generally strategic, calm, self disciplined, fun and good to talk to.

Meanwhile, women who don’t even know the rules and cannot even be bothered to learn the basic moves are typically dumb, SJWs or worse - feminists.

Other urls found in this thread:

lichess.org/AqrAkNCN
lichess.org/mPPEqjVK
lichess.org/WqN6UY7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Playing chess gives you a Russian mind.

Didn't wire your brain to stop making dumb assumptions about cause and effect.

I taught a girl chess once. Now she's a politician. Don't do it user.

chess is for brainlets
Real men play Go

>implying that correlation implies causation
>implying chess doesn't self-select for people who are intelligent, disciplined, and strategic

Chess is based. Gonna go play now

chess is racist

how do you even learn to get good past the basic rules

kek

>make an imbalanced board game a national pastime
*GO* fuck yourself.

russkies pls respond

COME AT ME FAGGOTS

lichess.org/AqrAkNCN

even when woman are playing chess they can't help but getting BLACKED.

Learning patterns and strategies. If you play alot you can start predicting a couple moves ahead. The best predict like 10-20.

Don't bother, chess is solved already by advanced AI that humans will never be able to compete with.

Much like every other aspect of life, soon. Meatbag rule is coming to an end.

it must be so hard not being number one.

cool so just read about moves and play and try to pick up the gist of it

Absolutely this.

I'm not gonna play with a Mexicunt beaner with no head on his shoulders.

Why is this tired meme repeated so often? The first move advantage only concern the top 0,1% of chess players. Your sorry ass isn't getting there if you started playing anywhere after your teenage years because of how developed opening theory is.

play some gnuchess until the ai doesnt whip your ass on hard setting, then play people.

Shit man I hope you're behind a VPN when you're supporting this racist patriarchal monarchist game for the bourgeoisie elite in germany. You're probably gonna go to jail and your home given to peaceful refugees.

Why not starcraft? Starcraft is better

The picture looks like Scholar's mate.

Was it SHY?

I recently got into chess, I'm hooked. I only play computer though

Google agadmator on youtube. You are welcome.

Wrong, Go is fine in itself, but for the average guy and gal, chess is enough to get the brain flow going.

Republican or Democrat? Or the other one...the Green party?

topkek, girls playing chess

hahahahahhahahahahaha.

*breathes in*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

girls playing chess

How is the rewiring? What brodmann areas are involved?

Still playing chess and not strategema in current year...

lichess.org/mPPEqjVK

Anyone wants to play a game? 4 minutes

played chess quite a bit growing up. yet here I am, browsing Sup Forums....

That's another dumb meme that I never got. Did Olympic running ended after the invention of cars? It's not about the best possible move, it's about the best possible human move. If you project a machine to do something it'll be very good at it, but it's irrelevant to a sport.

>I literally never met a girl who is a mid to high level chess player who isn’t marriage material.

They play chess BECAUSE they're strategically minded.... not the other way around.

You have it backwards.

board games are for kids

Easy, read a book. No joke. Then understand openings, first thing you need to do after basics. Then understand basic follow on strategies such as holding middle ground is preferred to outlying positions, symmetry, complete analysis of potential moves and in depth analysis of further moves etc.

One way to train is by downloading a chess app and playing against the computer with the suggestions off. Select a move based on your analysis, but before you move, check suggestions, if your move is among the top 4 suggestions by the computer, use it. Otherwise, think why the computer suggests different moves.

Also, play with your gf.

I agree that playing chess from early age incredibly develops memory and overall abstract thinking. On the other hand all top chess players I know are the type of nerds that got beaten at school.

skilled arranging.

No, shogi is the patrician choice

You want to have a mirror opening then kill them mid game. Mid game is pure chess where you can be creative and you really need to think dynamically.
Don’t over think a position or get married to one strategy.
The best way to play a game is to get your pawns in attack positions.
Get your long range pieces to support multiple pawns.
Use your knights to “sweep” the board with their superior and unique maneuverability.
Bring your queen out early.
Your natural intutution is going to be reserving the queen, there’s no point in “reserving” any pieces, you want all your forced acting at the same time so you can present a total front. Use the queen to screen for the Knights, though ideally you want the Knights to be “safe” after every attack.
End game is the hardest. Just play it like a grid and go for territory denial eventually checkmating the king.
Be wary of stalemates, I never focused on late game and I would get stalemated all the time in the end game. It got to a point where I just played for points and quit during the end game.
The end game takes a lot of spatial awareness. Early game takes memory. Mid game is creativity and deception.

It’s a good game, I don’t really respect anyone who can’t win the Middle game, or at least I don’t admit they are more intelligent than I am.
I used to play Mensafags and they’d reee when I didn’t even deem them worthy of finishing off, I’d leave the game when they had only their king left.

>chess is solved already by advanced AI that humans will never be able to compete with.

So? Who cares? Chess is a game of concentration, self discipline and strategy. It is perfect for self improvement.

lichess.org/WqN6UY7A

Anyone in here wants a game of chess? I challenge you guys

>forcing everyone to play some game you mistakenly think makes you smart

you're a man of exquisite taste

It DOES make you think more logically and strategically.

Browsing Sup Forums is a self discipline issue. 15-20min a day is fine. 2 hours isn’t.

Who /mahjong/ here?

Id be Petrified, Mortified, and even Terrified of playing (You)

Have you ever done any sport? Do you think playing tennis 3 hrs a week makes your body stronger or is it just a meme and eating chicken wings in front of the TV is the same kind of exercise?

This is great advice. Thanks for sharing

>be chessplayer
50% of chess playing women are gay

Sure.
Just like women who watch Rick and Morty.

Middle ground is over rated, it’s easy to beat by conceding the center and depending on your color the left or right side. Doing so allows you to create a pawn wall with your opening moves while your opponent sets up a standard opening position.
From there you can press into their back line and begin sniping pieces with impunity if you have both your bishops.

>X is a game of concentration, self discipline and strategy. It is perfect for self improvement.
Fill in the blank. Have fun.

Russian roulette is a game of concentration, self discipline and strategy. It is perfect for self improvement.

You fucking Hindus are literally the worst chess players ive encountered in my whole fucking life, on chess.com when I started playing and had a lower rating (cause that's literally the only way to play with you mofos) Hindus were always tryna do that scholar mate bullshit, always tryna do some sneaky shit, Disgusting.

Democrat. She's gonna "save africa". I failed as a father.

Real mean play Monopoly for salty tears and profit.
I'm always ruthless, it's glorious.

Any to recommend ?
Downloaded one a few weeks ago but I am not able to see the top 4 suggestions.

Correlation does not imply causation.

you lose a lot of games then you try to figure out why youre losing and fix the holes you have. repeat until you plateau.

State mandated Games
CHESS, POKER, GO and BACKGAMMON

sounds good

no it doesn't. all it does is train you in memorizing chess patterns. it's literally wage cuck slavery enabling

And the other 50 percent are not. My gf is a chess playing cutie who studies medicine and I am very happy with her.

I play chess, go, and riichi mahjong.
should learn shogi

>not playing real time chess to remove the advantage

TEAM BRIDGE. but as a POL tard I dont play any of these things I spend all my days on pol

basically you need to be able to calculate many moves ahead (predicting your best moves as well as your opponents' best moves, assuming they choose each one which is never 100% known) and evaluate the resulting positions. High performance in chess is about being able to quiet your mind and move the pieces around mentally. You are basically probing the space of possibilities to find something promising. You also undertake a similar process to identify threats. Having taken threats and opportunities into considerations and ranking the outcomes in terms of expected outcome & confidence + personal style/temperament/mood, you choose the best move.

t. started playing chess at 4, beating adults at 5, 1st in city/4th in state at age 9, started comp sci @ university at 15, basically an intelligent person who's played chess all his life

>read book
>memorize patterns
>hope to meet opponent who has memorized less
>win against opponent who has memorized less
>your elo rating goes up
>repeat until you meet someone with a better memory of chess patterns
chess is the dumb man's smart game. fuck even the RNG-fest that is poker is more about strategy and skill than chess (which was invented by poopystanis btw)

>Middle ground is over rated, it’s easy to beat by conceding the cente

You are thinking of absolutes. But the general rule for beginners as well as advanced players is that if there are two optional moves, one lets your piece more follow on movements vs. the other fewer follow on movements, in the absence of other considerations, you go for more middle ground. This is why d4 and e4 are the most common and statistically most successful openings.

would wife/10

Canasta is also pretty based, I must say.

I'm saying you're retarded for wanting to impose on people something they're obviously not interested in, chess should be something people enjoy playing not something that's forced on them you dopey cunt.

I just use the “Free chess app” (yes it is called that way...) on my iPad. Suggestions are on a grandmaster level, so fine for pretty much anyone...

I play chess on a high level and look whee I'm at

Try hards ruin chess like they ruin most games, where the average player will just play in the moment and think for himself, the try hard has spent innumerable hours studying and has ingrained counters to every move possible. That doesn't show off your intellect, it's like book smart vs. street/people smart, the book nerd just memorized a bunch of shit while the street smart person greater understands the dynamics in the moment.

lol rekt

openings are relevant until move 7 or 8, mate. For professionals, patterns go 1 to 5 moves further. But no matter what, then the mid game starts and memorization is not required. I play conservative d4 or e5 openings and aggressive defense for black. I stick to my fav openings and that is that. After 30secs the “memorization” is over...

oogaboogabajanjarabindaboogalagabinga

Anyone who can beat the AI past level 5 I consider a god

I disagree. I think we also tell parents to send their kids to school or home school them for a reason, even if the kids don’t like school.

If only chess weren't a solved game.

Both are nerds. While they're fingering a knight, I'm benching 300 lbs. while Stacy watches and wishes she had muh dik.

>"board games are for kids"
>posting on a Cambodian basket weaving forum in the middle of the night
Yeah, I'm sure you have all your shit together.

Before the 1500s, chess was roughly equally popular with men and women. It was a casual, slow-paced game requiring little strategy. Around the year 1500, the queen was boosted to become the most powerful piece, and the game mechanics completely changed, making chess much more competitive, fast-paced, and aggressive, gradually excluding women from the domain of chess. The painting you posted is from the mid 16th century, the modern queen had only been around for a couple of decades, and many still used the old rules.

Try to find a similar painting from the 1700s or 1800s. It won't be as easy. Many believed that women were incapable of playing chess due to their female brains. In fact, this was practically consensus among chess players well into the 20th century.

Or anagram it, and you could be playing:
"Cher's Pokemon Go Backgasm"

it's a battle of wits not delusions of grandeur

Nah, he is confused, chess 960, no book moves, all improvisation, God tier, Bobby "gas the kikes tonight" Fischers greatest contribution to the game.

I have fantasies about people like you standing up during Gender Studies lectures at universities and utterly demolishing the premises of the instructor.

Yeah it's a battle of wits to get her to take off her panties, and no way I'm delusional when she's looking at me giving the knob a shine.

Please keep your fantasies to yourself, leaf.

Don't lash out at me just because your cities are falling apart, Sven.

It is the patricians choice or were you referring to the girl? Both answers are correct of course. The chess boi fears the strategema.

yes, that reason is to brainwash the kids with state propaganda and make them good wage cucks

yeah sure buddy. if believing that makes you feel better all power to you

Even though I have Libertarian tendencies, I will admit that ancaps need to get the gas too.

I wouldn't call Kasparov strategic, calm, disciplined or very funny.

And I'm not a Putin supporter in the slightest.

Let lone Karpov