Lol dude weed isn't really an addiction because heroin is worse

Lol dude weed isn't really an addiction because heroin is worse.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/trippinthroughtime/comments/7uo2ul/comment/dtm60hk?st=JD5UQI3R&sh=85e6b9f7
ukcia.org/research/EndocrineEffects.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6818588
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3389568/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24457405
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26961342
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23846283
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4642772/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18238947
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4104335/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3606907/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3037578/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19630708
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3221171/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2484906
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1463999/
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0055821
pnas.org/content/111/47/16913.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3593817/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0041008X06000093
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23795762
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14616175
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4032500/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5149055/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26773900
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10750321
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0122896
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0166005#sec013
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did somebody say dude weed lmao?

reddit.com/r/trippinthroughtime/comments/7uo2ul/comment/dtm60hk?st=JD5UQI3R&sh=85e6b9f7

I hate stoners more than anything. I would say it's not their fault, it's the Jews, and still my hate goes towards the stoners. Redditors are already fucking cancer, but the weed smoking redditor is even worse.

I hate them.

Dude has a point though. Any addition with weed is purely psychological. It's not nearly on the level of the whole lock-them-in-a-cupboard-for-a-fortnight kind of addition you see with opiates.

It's still degenerate though.

Addiction to most things is psychological. It's still an addiction, even if other addictions are worse.

>going on reddit
>expecting intelligent conversation

Addiction is addiction. Whether it comes with physical withdrawals is whole different beast.

>Addiction to most things is psychological.

Not completely true. Even with physical addictions there is also an element of psychological addiction present too, so the treatments for both tend to run along the same paths. The difference is that with a psychological addiction is that you don't tend to experience the physiological symptoms - the nausea, cramps, the shakes and spasms.

With that said, I'm not actually disagreeing with you. Weed is definitely addictive, it's just not the same kind of addiction as opiates etc.

ya it's pretty much how we're all addicted to oxygen and nutrients

Weed has physical withdrawals. Any toker will readily confirm this to you. They just aren't publicized.

most of the problems i have with weed is that when people start smoking weed they become insufferable people

i used to play league of legends with a guy over skype and he would rip a bong during every fucking loading screen and he got his sister addicted to weed too.

weed is no more addicting than craving the dopamine hits from external validation on an imageboard of your memes

While that's true, it's not actually the weed itself that causes those symptoms, there are no chemicals in cannabis that form a physical dependence - the cannabis triggers overproduction of certain neurochemicals like serotonin and dopamine in the brain, and the body struggling to deal with the sudden lack of these neurochemicals once you stop is what causes the withdrawal. It's the same reason why things like gambling and gaming addictions produce withdrawal symptoms too.

Wow gee it's almost like addiction is on a spectrum or something. Almost as if it can be weaker or stronger.

Weed decreases testosterone and growth hormone, tobacco increases them (but also raises cortisol which is a catabolic hormone):

Weed Smokers Have More Violent Convictions:

Weed Causes Cancer:

Weed Reduces Volume Of Various Regions Of The Brain And Negatively Effects Motivation :

Weed Is Addictive:

Weed Causes Long Term Cognitive Damage:

>Weed raises Estrogen levels:
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0041008X06000093

>Weed decreases testosterone and growth hormone, tobacco increases them (but also raises cortisol which is a catabolic hormone):

>Weed Smokers Have More Violent Convictions:

>Weed Causes Cancer:

>Weed Reduces Volume Of Various Regions Of The Brain And Negatively Effects Motivation :

>Weed Is Addictive:
Weed Causes Long Term Cognitive Damage:

>Weed Causes Depression And Anxiety Disorders:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23795762
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14616175
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4032500/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5149055/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26773900
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10750321
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0122896
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0166005#sec013

Is caffeine not an addiction because the withdrawals are just headaches?

^ This. It's addictive in the same way that gambling / social media is.
Piss easy to quit if you have the drive but if you don't want to, you definitely won't.

I have to disagree. when I work away I can easily go a week or longer without weed with no effect. It's just when I can get it I can't resist it. It's a more a bad habit then a full on addiction. not trying to defend it though, it's still degenerate.

>weed causes anxiety disorders
it's true, I get so anxious I have trouble leaving my house after smoking every day for 10 years.

I've smoked heavily for months at a time, interrupted by abruptly stopping for a few years now. I've never had withdrawals or other shit associated with addictions. Anyone who says weed is addictive is memeing, mate.

>it's not an addiction because there are worse addictions

Gigantic retard

> Heroine is much more dangerous than muh weed, so smoking pot must be, like, safe, you know?
The intellectual capacity of such people is truly phenomenal.

Caffeine is actually a physical addiction, because with prolonged intake of caffeine the body comes to depend on it to function normally. The same is true with nicotine, but in both cases the withdrawal symptoms are relatively benign.

With psychological addictions, it's more a case that the substance or activity triggers the reward pathways in your brain, causing it to release serotonin and dopamine, and you become addicted to the way it makes you feel, rather than becoming addicted to the substance or action itself.

>smoke regularly
>never claim that it's healthy or anything but an enjoyable vice

"weed is good for you" people and anti-weed Puritans are faggots one and all. To think that someone regularly browses Sup Forums, let alone Sup Forums, let alone making gay threads from Reddit screen caps; thinks he has any kind of moral high ground is hysterical.

Sex, food, video games. Everything *can* be addictive. But some drugs such as heroin are also chemically addictive. Weed is not one of these.

This. Anything that triggers the neural reward pathways can form an addiction. Some people are more predisposed to it than others which is why people like can start and stop at will without any negative effects, in the same way that people can play videogames or masturbate regularly without actually becoming addicted to doing it.

It's still an addiction, but it's not the same kind of addiction where the body forms a physical dependence on a specific substance, such as caffeine or nicotine at one end of the scale, or amphetamines, benzodiazepines and opiates at the other end.

Weed is about as addictive as caffeine, meaning you become psychologically acclimated to its effects but don't go through withrdrawl like you do with heroin or long term alcohol consumption.

Yeah but inability to shitpost doesn't give me headaches, loss of appetite, night sweats, insomnia, lack of interest and focus for a couple weeks

This. You crave it like an energy drink or a coffee after a long day. It's a habbit more than anything. Wouldn't consider myself addicted but I also wouldn't consider myself addicted to cigarettes as I only smoke at work. Never smoke ciggies at home or even want one so idk.

>Reading comprehension

Are you dumb or something?

I wish

I used to smoke weed like every other day for years. Then I quit smoking ciggaretes and with that weed too. I was "craving" weed for like 2 weeks then it stoped, ciggaretes were much worse, even after 2 months I was dreaming that I am smoking. Ended up buying a pack the next morning. I still smoke weed here and then, sometimes I go months without weed, sometimes I smoke whole week but I can stop anytime I want. Ciggaretes are cancer though compared to weed.

i'm loading a bowl laughing at the haters as i get ready for work this morning. Some people don't go to work at all and still don't smoke weed, imagine being them.

Addiction is all 100% psychological. Withdrawal from different substances/practices can have varying symptoms however

how the fuck do people work high? What job do you do?

>ww1 didn't happen because ww2 was worse
Now there's a logic I can get behind...

i sell furniture

I dont smoke to get high anymore eventually you get pass that point. For me it has an effect in time. Either makes it go by slower or faster depending on how much work i put in

Obviously nothing important.

considering i live in Texas and people have just suffered major losses in their own homes. My job is more important than your useless comment :)

The addiction to weed is no different than an addiction to sugar, soda or fast food. The addiction is weaker than a caffein/coffee or cigarette addiction.

t. guy who smokes regularly each university semester and quits cold turkey every summer break and every christmas break with absolutely no problems

>caffein/coffee
kek he fell for the meme
>t. Guy who drinks two cups of coffe per day but often takes entire weeks off caffeine (too lazy to make my own coffe, live with parents) without any side effects

I'm an engineer and I just can't work on live electrics and pressure vessels stoned. it's suicide lol.

you just don't eat as much and its harder to sleep for like a week max, thats it.

>SUFFERING MASSIVE COFFEETABLE LOSSES

Shut up faggot you obviously live with your parents you fucking faggot. Coffee makes u productive u filthy neet.
Coffee makes u do the work Jews created so you can pay half your labor to rent.
Anyways if you got off ur ass maybe I would not have to drink coffee to remain productive so I can live at least with giving all my money to rent.
Nahh I'm kidding coffee is too good. Coffee is great in fact I am going to make some.