Remember when Sup Forums watched Urusei Yatsura together?

Remember when Sup Forums watched Urusei Yatsura together?

Will something like that ever happen again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gHkT0RBiy3E
youtu.be/9Q5y_FENDPU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well, the 30th anniversary is coming next year.

40th, actually. We're currently in the 30th anniversary for Ranma, though, if anyone wants a Ranma rewatch.

>195 25 min episodes
>4875 minutes
>81 hours
Not even worth my time

You're not even counting the movies and OVAs.
Even then, you don't have to watch the whole fucking thing within a week, or even the whole thing at all. It was a really fun show to watch with Sup Forums though.

They might even release an OVA like they did in 2008.

You can watch 81 hours of one really good anime, or you can watch 81 hours of several shitty anime. I don't see any problem with the former.

>They might even release an OVA like they did in 2008.
Most of the VAs are dead, retired or have their voices so different that it would be weird. The 2008 OVA was already very strange to watch because of the voice acting, even though most actors did return.

Sup Forums watches:

Slayers
Bobobo-bo-bo-bobo
Pokemon: The Original Series
Sailor Moon
Outlaw Star
Doraemon

Make it happen.

Never watched Sailor Moon before. I'm currently watching Crystal. Am I making a mistake?

the 81 hours of shitty anime aren't stale & stagnant

For idiots like you, maybe not.

gun

whoa, you really showed me,
give yourself a pat on the back

Neither is Urusei Yatsura, to be honest.

Big mistake.

>Pokemon: The Original Series.
Sure, if you want to make everyone watching who isn't a Mistyfag or genwunner fall asleep.

Good job avoiding Sup Forums memes, if you want to watch something similar just pick any harem from the current season.

>Will something like that ever happen again?
I've never watched this before, is Sup Forums willing to watch it with me?

>Pokemon: The Original Series
/vp/'s gone through the entire series at least twice. Once it was a nonstop stream that took over a week, the other time it was like 20 episodes a week and took almost a year.

He should watch it if he's interested in the history of anime at least.

Urusei Yatsura is only really harem-ish for the first 13 or so episodes though, afterwards most girls outright dislike Ataru, rather than almost sleeping with him or attempting to force him to marry them (well, Lum aside).

It's more like a reverse harem. Only one main female is interested in the main character but he wants everyone.

An underage like yourself would never be able to appreciate it.

I remember the one from early 2016 on Instasync. That shit was insane, it had like 120+ people in it at one point.

Us 90's kids amirite?
Oh fuck off. The pokemon anime is garbage period.

If you're prepared to host, people will come.

Yeah, they finally got all the way through the series back in February. Now they mainly watch anime on weekends because they're out of Pokemon to watch.

I've always seen it as Homewrecking: The Anime.

Does he just end up marrying her in the end then? Just spoil it for me, since I'm never going to bother

Maybe

I'm just going to assume yes then, can't see them wasting all that time for it not to happen

Yeah, you're a dumb underage kiddy alright.

In the manga, he admits that he loves her in the end.

Yes.
Within one of many different alternate timelines.

Is this true? I thought he never did officially and the closest he was was during the endgame where he has to catch her again but he refused on the reason that she wouldn't know if he's saying the truth if she's forcing him like that.

81 hours of shitty quality animation?
Not worth my time.

>animation is everything
It must feel good to be so new.

I only watch Toradora with Sup Forums, hopefully not Oreimo this year

Thank you for further proving your stupidity.

you're wrong about the animation, but Rumiko's writing is terrible so you're still right that it's (at least) 81 hours of shit.

You're right user. Now go back to wait for another ToLove Ru OVA.

is that yoshimitsu from tekken

No, that's Barron Trump.

Is there a pre-90's with a songtrack as diverse and intense as Urusei Yatsura?

youtu.be/gHkT0RBiy3E

Being that mad at the truth isn't healthy for the body, user.

The animation improves a lot throughout the first half of the show. It starts looking like a show from the 70s (although with very detailed tanks and airplanes for some reason when the staff felt like it), but slowly becomes more and more 80s looking.

>although with very detailed tanks and airplanes for some reason when the staff felt like it
The show made me think, what's Japan's view on Nazi Germany and why was it so frequent in the show.

This. By the time the third Opening was around the show looked fantastic. The art is better than most modern shows. Even Rumiko Takahashi's modern works don't look as good (Kyoukai no Rinne make Takahashi's art look pretty forced for some reason).

I'd be down for a Ranma rewatch. I haven't seen it in like 5 or so years.

its so fucking good. Fights are awesome, and the jokes are fantastic.
But my favourite episode is when the physical education teacher is sick, and another one comes to substitute him.
And he is cheerful and talks how youth is a treasure and you shouldnt waste it. That episode holds something special for me.

Yeah. Happosai annoys me though. Everyone else has their quirks, but he pisses me off. It'd be one thing if he was a dick and got his comeuppance, but that second part doesn't happen enough for me to love to hate him. I just hate him.

Dose anyone have a link of this episode?

yeah, i feel the same about him. and he doesnt change a bit throught the series. but he also has his great moments

Those moments are rare but enjoyable. I would honestly enjoy the show more if he was gone though.

>that one urusei yatsura opening where they drew all the girls ultra thicc

>even in space fanservice dream sequence Ryuunosuke gets chest concealing clothes
Poor girl just can't catch a break.

Sup Forums watches Slayers

>Sup Forums watches

Wait, what? What happened?

Also I vote Ranma because that's my favorite anima series, and I haven't legitimately watched it in over five years.

You're making a HUGE mistake. The original is so much better.

I think it's more just joking about Mendo. Megane seemed pro-Communist at times.

Why are the movie themes so damn good?

youtu.be/9Q5y_FENDPU

Finished this one last week.
At the end was pretty weak.

I'd guess everyone cooled down after the maison ikkoku stream. We didn't even finish it I think. We were barely 10 by the end.

Remember when we watched Bebop?