Why do people not talk about Trigun much?

It's such a great anime in so many ways, I get that it's older but goddamn where is the love?

If you have any memories of Vash The Stampede and Co. from back in the day please share, I just re-watched it for the first time in like 7 years and it still holds up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7BxTo0Es4KQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zdZi-hPBXlI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its a 10/10 in my eyes. vash stampede was a top tier male protagonist. funny most of the time, but totally a badass guy when needed

OP again, I just want to add that as I'm still watching the last episode, I can't make a decision between whether I relate more to Knives's pragmatism or Vash's compassion.

Both are equally valid ways to live and it fucks me up the way that message is repeated constantly through the show.

Trigun was literally the first Anime I've had ever downloaded, solely because a friend of mine would use the nick "Vash the Stampede" in every single game that he could, and it always surprised me that ppl would recognise his nickname.

It's definitelly in my top 5 animes. Fucking love it.

HOLY SHIT

THIS GET

LOOK AT THIS GET

I watched the first 2 episodes a week or two ago, was kinda bored.
Does it get better?

It's partly because it's so good that it isn't as discussed. When discussion comes up, most can only say "wow, that was good!" That's pretty much it. it was fantastic. It ended when it should have. There is a lot to discuss in the show, but most of those things aren't conducive to typical Sup Forums discussion.

it hints at having a plot until 10 episodes before the end where it gets an insanely good plot

back to
>>>>>>>>>>>>

i have never been on Sup Forums my entire life
stop slandering me

Nothing to talk about when it comes to the classics. We know they're good and there's no new content.

Also, contentious opinion: the anime was better than the mango.

youtube.com/watch?v=7BxTo0Es4KQ

Milly breaks into an aquifer right when this starts.

Gunsmoke is saved.

People would rather be talking about cutesy bullshit faggot little kid pedo shit that REAL ANIME that actually means something and has ARTISTIC VALUE

Because it's universally acclaimed and is nearly 20 years old?

What the fuck is there to discuss?

Nah, it's because older anime threads always seems to attract retards like you and

FUCK OFF YOU HAVE NO TASTE

Sounds like it's not worth the watch then desu

It would be a 10/10 for me if wolfwood had n't died;_;

There are plenty of threads with glowing adoration for the show, you're just new as fuck and think that because there isn't a thread sucking its dick right this moment that nobody talks about it, you retard.

you mean, people who were on Sup Forums in 2004
leave us alone

But that's one of the best parts imho, really really memorable.

I'd suggest lurking more. Trigun is brought up in meta threads often. It's by no means overlooked, it's just twenty years old and there isn't anything new to discuss, so it doesn't merit its own threads.

anyone in this thread s̶m̶o̶k̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶d̶ watch jjba?

>the anime was better than the mango
I've never read the manga but everything I've seen about it makes it sound kind of hackneyed and edgy (the Legato coffin stuff comes to mind).

Should I give it a shot? Does it work in the actual story?

I loved it so much, wolfwood is always in my heart

S E X T U P L E T S

Recently watched it for the first time and loved it too. It's paced out perfectly.
Movie though was kind of terrible.

One of the best things about the anime was these two getting together. Nightow should have put it in the manga.

the relationships between the main characters were so unorthodox ngl

Because it's old

this series needs a bluray release.

S P E E D W E E D

Trigun's dub>>>>the sub

best villain

youtube.com/watch?v=zdZi-hPBXlI

he blew too hard

Yeah, like you have no taste at all.

Trygun, Excel saga, kochikame.

WHAT A COMBO

I F E E L T H E S P E E D F O R W E E D

Naruto is better

>Vash the Stampede.
>Described as a giant motherfucker.
>Only 5'11".

Lol, Nips. Does that make Maryl the height of a penguin?

nArUtO iS bEttEr

what? I swear I thought Vash was 7ft

Nope. It took me by surprise, too. Vash is basically average.

Well, SpongeBob is way better then trigun

hes a mamas boy is what he is

Just like with Cowboy Bebop; Sword Art Online is better than Trigun.

nice bait

>milly comes from a huge family with lots of kids
>shes huge as fuck, built like a bear
>milly and wolfwood pretend to be pregnant with sextuplets at one point to hide a kid under her dress
>later on they fuck like one time
>he dies the next day
>she is sad as fuck but powers through it
> i forever headcanon she had six of his kids at once as a result

It's been a while since I watched the anime but I remember it being pretty clearly implied she did get pregnant.

This board usually discusses seasonal stuff. You'll usually see Trigun on 3x3 threads or that kind of stuff but not dedicated threads. Only very occasionally. Very good stuff

Milly Thompson struck water by hand with a pickaxe while pregnant with 6 children. Milly Thompson was a goddamn hero. Fuck that Vash kid.

The anime is full of fillers.
The art in the manga sucks badly.

Nice, Vash.

>Should I give it a shot? Does it work in the actual story?
It did some things better, like Vash and Knives's backstory and Knives's character is more stoic in general. The ending feels more "complete" compared to the anime, where the last episode just felt rushed. It's pretty dark and heavy in comparison to anime. The most importantly, it is the canon Trigun story.
The fan TL of the manga is not so good and the scans are ugly, but it's your best shot.

There's no official source for the character heights though.

I really liked it. Everybody is so afraid to even mention his name most of the time, yet he has little to no qualities of a bad guy.

first anime I ever watched to completion when I was 10 and it first aired on adult swim. Watching one episode a day and making sure I watched all of them of course took weeks, but the ending that much more cathartic

Nah, the art is very good, the paneling is shit.

sucks 2bu

>faggot who got scared to shoot people
>end result is people dying anyway
he ends up scoring some heads, badlands rumble was the only good thing that came out of the series

The same reason why fooly cooly isn't talked about.
There's nothing to talk about.
Though i always wanted and Instrumental version of the ending theme.

What was his name, Sup Forums

I used to imagine I has a red gun and a blue gun and they were my guns

Gajillions Forks

Lotsa Spoons

The early episodes were a bit boring, so its bound to be one of those 'classic' shows that modern mainstream audiences would've maybe heard about, tried, and dropped due to age. Kind of like EVA

Its a shame too. What did you guys think of the movie?

Movie is fine, it was nice to see Trigun with decent modern animation. Although personally I'd prefer them trying to adapt Maximum at least partially instead of a filler story that seems to follow anime canon.

Weird, I just finished Trigun last night. It was pretty good.

Scooter

I enjoyed it immensely. Behold my hideous visage.
Archer

I'm disappointed how the insurance ladies were just barely characters in the manga.

Gorillion Spoons

It's a good show but the manga had a botched final story arc and the anime was a bit of a botch near the end as well

shounenshit.

Jillian's Chopsticks

There isn't much to talk about, and I didn't like it all that much.

I like the manga more than the anime, seemed like it was a bit more consistent with Vash getting past the GHGs to get a piece of Knives.

Yeah, a Maximum anime would be pretty sweet.

Hahaha yeah i think the same like cowboy or fma, fucking 10/10, theyre so "classic" and "easy" to see that everyone could like even if they dont see anime