Do the Japanese really care about figure skating as much as this show says?

Do the Japanese really care about figure skating as much as this show says?

Other urls found in this thread:

myreadingmanga.info/hoshikuzudots-akita-sekai-de-ichiban-no-bokutachi-no-ai-yuri-ice-dj-eng/
youtube.com/watch?v=ibL3iOMzNZw
twitter.com/soukatsu_/status/879293142687776769
twitter.com/soukatsu_/status/878869806803537921
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, like any other sport :^)

Japan is the reason figure skating has the international profile that it does, even the Russians can't compete with the fervor of Japanese fans.

Tofugu had a really good hour-long podcast about Figure skating & Japan.

I want to hug Yuzuru Hanyu!!

Yes if not, this show won't be success as it is now.

I thought it was just popular because it was good.

...and fujo bait.

>fujo bait.
kek

No, the sport is only a backdrop for the characters and not really important.

No. Do nips really care as much about card games as yugioh says?

FS did get more got popular in recent years though.

yes
figure skat is popular in Japan.

In every sports series, the relevant sport gets so much focus one would think Japan is built around it.

Will they ever make clothing/accessory merch targeted to homos rather than fujos?

Oh these are pretty. But they're fake right? I'd buy one immediately if they are actual silver.

they're sterling silver, whatever that means

FRIENDS
R
I
E
N
D
S

Went to watch Worlds this year, the stadium was filled with nips.

Do homos watch fujo anime?

I would say a notable percentage of posters in yoi threads are still men

How can you tell?

Yoi's target audience is not only fujo

>when will this fujo anime stop targeting fujos?

China a cute

myreadingmanga.info/hoshikuzudots-akita-sekai-de-ichiban-no-bokutachi-no-ai-yuri-ice-dj-eng/
This gave me diabetes. It's so beautiful

Yes

tfw no love for shoma

I can't believe this anime wasn't made sooner.

Oh, what a surprise. I was waiting for someone to scanlate this one. And it's even translated, good.

I always laugh when I remember that Yamamoto's idea about a figure skating anime was rejected by a few animation companies because "it will surely be a flop". Where do these people fucking live?

did yamamoto's idea involve homos?

Not gay but I would

Inb4 mental yuzurufags start to circlejerk

The homo evolved naturally in the story when the anime was already in production. Bless Otsuka for believing in Sayo.

is yuzu a gay?
youtube.com/watch?v=ibL3iOMzNZw

The already decided to go the homo route while in the planning stages, but they still had to constantly fight for it once the animating began

Mitsuro Kubo is the writer of Yuri on Ice isn't she? She is heroically fighting Abe-kun's traumatizing gym classes.

>Backlash hits government goal to have students not hate sports

>The aversion held by some people for sports could be attributed to how physical education classes are conducted at schools. Some artists on TV argued that they felt humiliated in their PE classes during their school days
>Cartoonist Mitsuro Kubo, musician Hyadain and writer Mineko Nomachi, cast members of the show, who share an aversion for PE classes, are bonding over their similar, troubled experiences.

>Writer Mineko Nomachi shows a message for children who hate physical education classes: “When you become an adult you will not need to take such classes.” Cartoonist Mitsuro Kubo writes: “I recommend you read a lot of interesting sports cartoons.” Musician Hyadain pens, “Even if you are not good at physical education, you will be able to earn money,” at Fuji Television Network Inc. in Tokyo’s Minato Ward on April 18.

It's probably because it didn't follow the typical formula that the series took place in high school and that confused some of the people at the animation studios that Sayo pitched at.

They also said that the characters couldn't be stopped, it's like if they were expressing their will like real people, and "wrote themselves".
Real homo love can't be stopped.

Probably but still dumb, Captain Tsubasa hasn't taught nothing to sports anime?

why are jap kids averse to PE classes? Is it like stereotypical american cartoons where the weak ones get picked on, but they're all weak because they're japs so they all hate it?

I don't know how they could even try in the first place. BaldFat are such huge faggots even when they're not touching each other.

Are you amerifat? Figure scating is HUGE.

Your common book shop in Japan

All the Japanese love Mao Asada, she's a living legend there. And to me too.

That's fucking beautiful and I want them all.
I'm going to get them all.

I was hoping this would be scanned. Just like that wedding exhibition doujin, this one is perfect too.

Cute young boy and sinful man.

>Mama Hiroko made Yuuri's Vicchan blade guards pouch by hand and put an embarrassing patch
>Yuuri's phone case was created with the "Sanrio style Vicchan design"

twitter.com/soukatsu_/status/879293142687776769

If Bald didn't already know Vicchan was named after him, he does now.

I was an exchange student there, no. Not sure if this school was average but
>nearly every male there was shaven
>I thought this was some super strict hair style rule
>turns out it's the requirement for the baseball team
>they fucking love baseball

>nearly every male there was shaven
do you mean just their heads or

I lived there for awhile too and noticed girls in sports all had shorter hair too.

It's not bait if it's canon.

the only bait was pic related

I wonder how many normalfags and male otaku dropped it at episode 1 after MC's Cucking on Ice

>this list triggers OPfags

But it wasn't good. I guess you can consider it good compared to other otaku and fujoshi pandering trash, but compared to actual good anime is pretty bad.

I can see why people would be obsessed

>no explanation on what "good anime" is
>everyone's taste in anime is trash except mine

Yuzuru is being treated like an Idooru who can't have a life because fans.

At least Shoma has some leeway.

>OP is 1st over 4 forms of media
>YoI is 2nd over 2 types of media and minoring in keychains

Still not over it

Are they seriously triggered by this?

Cute! CUTE!

Reminder that BaldFat are a couple that wear coordinated outfits

True.

But he really is good, of course he has several problems of script and rhythm, still being a very ambitious project, but he is still great and one of the most different anime that I liked to see

>image

What's this about Bald being Chaplin's "The Great Dictator?"

>implying it's possible to stay just friends with such a hot piece of cake
Being fairy must be suffering if he stays in the friendzone.

I do not know, a nip did some Bald fanarts wearing several famous movie clothes, he had '' Singing 'in the Rain' 'too

I want to put my hands around Yuzu's tiny waist.

The old Victler theories I guess

Yes, they made ties

Love makes a Bald young

Plushenko's Sex Bomb was the greatest performance in figure skating history.

He also got his virginity back

I never fully understood those. Obviously it's a shitty thing to forget a promise, but the time was just after the end of the season, what should be vacation time. There was no rush to collect on the choreo for several months yet. There was also no promise to coach Fairy, that was an added condition that Bald had no obligation to agree to and had no benefit to him. The whole promise had no benefit to him in the first place, he offered it in exchange for Fairy not harming himself.

I thought free favors like this would be judged less harshly.

I've seen LLfags be butthurt over it too, saying the list doesn't count because of games and merchandise kek. Too bad Oricon never counted them before and no one complained.

I haven't seen them in these threads but why would they. YOI succeeding doesn't mean anything to OP, Avex also owns OP's anime and music sales.

It's because the choreography promise was clearly something that meant a lot to Fairy, who still thought about it fondly even though it had happened years ago - but meant next to nothing to Bald who blew it off entirely because he either forgot or didn't care. So characterfags who husbando Bald similarly think it was no big deal while characterfags who love fairy get pissed about it with him.

Even if they counted those too I doubt it would be enough to overtake yoi

I think Fate, LL, Pokemon and other kids shows could overtake it. Mobage make insane amounts of money per day and kid shows are made to sell a lot of merchandising.

Keep telling yourself that Piggy.

Characterfagging and personal feelings shouldn't prevent people from viewing the situation more objectively. Even fully empathizing with Fairy doesn't mean Bald's crime was that heinous, he would have honored the promise with no strings attached once reminded. I hate JJ and all the annoying shit he does and still recognize he's not really a Hitler.

>That fucking picture
KEK
How nostalgic

>There was also no promise to coach Fairy, that was an added condition that Bald had no obligation to agree to

Is there really any reason Bald agreed to Onsen on Ice besides plot? He could've just said no to going back and had no reason to put him coaching the Pig on the line.

He found it interesting, he was enjoying organizing the event.

and then got worried he'd have to leave

That BD fix was amusing as fuck. He looked 12 years old.

>by the time they get married he'll be a shota
I won't complain if it brings his hair back

Hey faggots, I have questions. Are all the skater interviews translated yet? Is there a list of what content remains unscanned/untranslated? When does Yuri!!! On Stage come out and have there been any bonuses announced with the release?

soukatsu translated the skater interviews
twitter.com/soukatsu_/status/878869806803537921

Yuri on Stage comes out on July 28th. I don't know about bonuses.

>but I saw the guidebook or fanbook (or both(?)) referred to Michele as a "sis-con"
kek

That's only a few of the skaters. I think there were 10 altogether.

No.

>99999
I guess you're right