>English scanlation is way behind
>Not even a s2 for Akagi
It's not fucking fair

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.pantsu.cat/search?c=4_8&s=0&limit=50&userID=0&q=kaiji
youtu.be/v2xJDuM9ZDM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kaiji thread I suppose

Could they even fit the rest of Washizu mahjong into a single 25 episode adaptation? The first season adapted up to like chapter 110 and even skipped a mini-arc, but Washizu mahjong alone is almost another 190 chapters long.

they can do pacing differently, but i rather if they opt for 37 episodes, too bad we'll never get this thanks to fucking Japan's retarded weed posession laws

>Kuyashi!!!

I HATE IT!!

What do you chose Sup Forums?

tfw no new chapter next week. I'm dying of anticipation here.

>they make a fucking pachinko out of it
It actually suits this series

Kaiji is gonna save Kazuya and then they'll be best bros!

>no Kurosawa anime

It's probably for the best.
I still don't know why it got a sequel.

>Not even a s2 for Akagi

Who would watch 50 episodes of nothing but Washizu Mahjong?

me

I watched 15 episodes of balls rolling down and I would have watched 30 more.

Starting Akagi because I feel empty inside and the lyrics of Nantoka Nare resonate with me

Me
Actually what are you talking about? Kaiji S2 is literally 15 ep of balls rolling into holes and 2/3 of Akagi was already Waishizu mahjong.
People who liked those and read the manga would obviously enjoy all the rest of Waishizu arc not like we'll ever get it anyway.

>>English scanlation is way behind
this is the worse

>that weak ass nose
Tell that faggot to stop cosplaying kaiji

They made a pachinko of mgs3, does that suit the series too, user?

How would you end Kaiji?

yes

Kaiji loves you too guys!!

Bzland is fucking dead. Where am I suppose to get my Kaiji raws now?

You don't. It should keep going forever.

>How would you end Kaiji?
He becomes a bank chairman, giving 0% interest loans

I wonder what will happen after Kaiji saves Kazuya.

>Kaiji + loans
That doesn't sound well.

Kaiji fucking dies but doing something really meaningful, freeing himself from his own hubris and the society that was oppressing him

Hyoudou vs Kaiji, Kazuya, Ichijou, and maybe a 4th person. Endou or Tonegawa? I'm not sure, three is probably enough, but I'd love to see Endou or Tonegawa return.

The game? DnD. FKMT could totally make it work and I bet it would be absolutely insane.

How was the movie?

He bets his life on the line(knowingly he will lose) and loses.

>Kaiji fucking dies
NO

Actually not that bad, tonegawa actor did a good job honestly

>trips
Checked senpai
nyaa.pantsu.cat/search?c=4_8&s=0&limit=50&userID=0&q=kaiji

It'll be Kurosawa levels of enlightenment

Thank you.

What the fuck is his problem?

Show me an MC more moe than Kaiji

protip:YOU CAN'T!

user why would you kill Kaiji, terrible! I don't think that would be likely though. Would fkmt really end all his most liked characters' stories with their untimely deaths? i mean death IS ultimately the end, but really...

M A D M A N
A
D
M
A
N

You'd have to find another way to push Kaiji's dilemmas and internal conflict to the very limit. It doesn't have to be death but it shouldnt be a simple "he got his money and did something with his life I guess"

What do you mean? He didn't want to take his share of the money because he doesn't think he deserved it since technically he wouldn't have won

Guys, do you know when Kaiji got that 21 scar on his arm? I don't remember such thing but I always see it in fanart. I didn't read the first 2 parts. Was it a manga only thread?

I'll admit that that ending was perfect, but I can't see Kaiji dying in the end. Or maybe I don't want to...

When he got sent to the other room on Espoir
Yeah, it was manga only

>spoiler
Wishful thinking...

Is this Kaiji's endgame?

LOL

Does the opposite, the show is against gambling. This is like throwing a cigar dinner to raise cancer funds or Kendrick Lamar endorsing a 40oz.

What ,you think he is going to die at this point?I don't know after Kaiji took the remote,
I think he is going to survive somehow.

I really want to see Kaiji get out of this horrible mess he's been put in since the beginning. Not just the gambles, but his own internal crisis too. But I feel like him giving his life or something like that and becoming a symbol would be pretty compelling if done right and without hobo retcon :^)

I really want to see what FKMT thinks now

How is the Akagi drama? I watched the first episode and it was super slow, wondering if it's worth finishing. I've already read all the chapters, so I'm just wondering if it's a worthwhile adaptation.

Why is the eng translation so behind? Surely you'd think enough people cared to put some speed on it.

>Hyoudou runs them through the Tomb of Horrors

I never realized how much I wanted this

I agree with you and I get your point. Thing is that even though he is in this shit situation, he keeps sacrificing his self for others and even though he has been betrayed many times he remains a good person, willing to help others.He keeps risking his even now. I think that's where it's different from Kurosawa,who, at first, was afraid to take risks, but in the end he had a realisation. But it could be a nice ending if done right like you said. It's hard seeing him overcoming his addiction with gambling though.

>Literally named ULTIMATE SURVIVOR
>People in this thread think he is going to die

>It's hard seeing him overcoming his addiction with gambling though.
That's what I'd like to see from him if he survives. That epiphany moment all FKMT characters get at some point. Kaiji got some great ones too

Who would win a mahjong match between Kaiji betting his own life and Akagi?

Akaji because he is brokened. Yes Kaiji is a genius at getting out of pinches but by pure skill Akagi is a legend.

Only one dude is translating it right now, but the scantlation group is probably getting new members soon!

s3 cant work because of mahjong arc pacing.

people dont notice it but its the same length as whole season 2.
1 fucking mahjong game.
then its the same for the next arc which is literally filled.

Easily Akagi. You could say Kaiji might win through some bullshit, but Akagi is no stranger to cheating either. Not only that, but Akagi has significantly more Mahjong experience than Kaiji.

14 year old Akagi playing Mahjong for the first time would still probably beat Kaiji betting for his life.

what do you mean, is he still in jail for 1g of weed?

yeah he got like 17 years or something, according to an user a few threads earlier. although it might have been more weed than that then.

>Further, penalties for drug offences include lengthy imprisonment.
Use or possession of small amounts of drugs may result in a prison sentence of between one and ten years and
Japanese law allows for a fine of up to 5,000,000 yen.
Holy shit, I knew their drug laws were bad but that's just the minimum for fucking possession.

Akagi would win no matter the game. His only lets say weaknesses are when people have godly luck and his own pride and alzheimers ;_;7
They are fundamentally different characters too so the question is not that great.

Kaiji is definitely going to save him. It seems like it would be a waste to kill Kazuya off at this point, especially since the whole arc with Kazuya wasn't about money or breaking the cheats, but rather ideals, if humans are truly selfish or not. Kazuya is the ally that Kaiji needs most, since he seems to have unlimited funds.

i want bocchan to live... will kaiji saving him be the cherry on top of the moralfag cake of kaiji's that could change the mind of someone as jaded and hurt as kazuya

My thoughts exactly.I'm positive he is going to survive, but I wonder what will happen next. I mean, I can't see them suddenly becoming best bros. I want to see what Fukumoto has in store for us.
I think it's great how Fukumoto manages to make the reader feel empathy for such characters. I mean Kazuya is a spoiled brat and a horrible person, but I just can't hate him.

>make the reader feel empathy for such characters
Seriously! Washizu is an even more extreme example for liking a villain. He's so terrible that the fucking mirror of sins or whatever broke in front of him in hell. He's absolutely irredeemable, but everybody likes him so much! I don't know anyone who really wants him to die. He's best boy.

I think the two of them might actually make good friends. Kaiji is probably one of the few people who have been honest to Kazuya and similar to the E-Card thing, One Poker let the two of them feel each other out.

Also despite Kazuya being a spoiled, sadistic brat, you can't help but feel sorry for him. Like I agree that his games and bets are terrible, but at the same time, he genuinely does give people second chances and is fair. Like one of the fascinating things about him is that despite his twistedness, he's incredibly fair. You also get the sense that he's the sort of person who wants to be genuinely loved and to be given genuine gratitude.

I genuinely can't hate Washizu's philosophy. He has every right to act the way that he does. That doesn't mean he isn't an asshole, but by the time of Washizu mahjong he's so jaded after basically conquering life that it's understandable.

>muh gambling

You faggots wouldn't even like season 3 anyway. It's all about Riichi Mahjong, which you plebs would just complain about. Lets be honest here.

Akagi and it's not even close. Kaiji is a pathetic mc dude.

>Implying Im not down for 100 episodes of PON

Akagi unless Kaiji notices him cheat. Kaiji tends to do better when the other guy isn't playing fairly and he realizes why/how.

Even then, Akagi is far beyond Kaiji's skill level. Even in Ten he's nigh untouchable.

I dunno, I feel like saying it's not even close is jobbing it for Kaiji a bit. Kaiji's problem is that he doesn't know when to quit. When everything is on the line, he comes through, which is the point that original post was trying to make.

Akagi would still destroy him, but I'd like to think Kaiji could at least get a few "hmm hmm"s from Akagi instead of Akagi basically sleeping through the match.

I'm sure Kaiji be so incompetent and pathetic Akagi would be thrown off and lose somehow

If it was anything else besides Mahjong, I'd agree. Kaiji has a chance.

But in terms of mahjong strategy and mind games, its no one else but Akagi.

I re-watched Akagi recently once I actually learned how to play Riichi Mahjong, and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This guy is just on a super human level.

He could probably mind fuck Lelouch in a chess match if he wanted to and there was enough money involved.

washizu GOAT

Well, I'm not saying Kaiji has a chance in hell of winning. He doesn't. I think he could at least make the match somewhat interesting for Akagi, though. Kaiji is really good at pulling it together when he needs to do so.

You're probably right, though. I'm more or less just conflating plot convenience (Kaiji when his life is on the line) with actual genius.

>the spacing
>mindfuck lelouch
Pic related

Idk I agree that Akagi would win hands down, but I don't think Kaiji is a bad mc. His flaws make him and every arc interesting. I like how he is overemotional and has realistic reactions. Also, you don't know if he will win or if he will lose and that makes everything more fun. He is one of my favorite mcs desu.

Is this going to end with Washizu handing off everything he has to Akagi or something?

Don't worry, we have genderbend kaiji this season.

youtu.be/v2xJDuM9ZDM

>It's all about Riichi Mahjong
Yeah, with both players making up whatever hands they like and starting in Tenpai already, it skips all of the "boring" parts of mahjong and goes straight to the hard hitting ones.

Read it and find out.
Washizu is about to declare ron off a tsumo that would kill Akagi, but he runs out of stamina and dies. Akagi walks off without accepting a bit of the money because he doesn't deserve it.

No, he decides it would be blasphemy to throw the match. If that's what you mean. The most recent chapters leave loads of anticipation though, can't wait to see what happens, considering the match is done and done.

I know that. It's just that Washizu is pissed that Akagi won't take the damn money and took it as an insult. With how Washizu grew to respect Akagi and actually wanted to not squash him near the end, I think there's something else.

Man, I honestly thought it had ended on 296. Thank you guys for keeping this wild ride going for me.

Washizu a cute CUTE! He's actually my second favourite character of all fkmt manga.
Good thing he has a passive ability: "literally can't die".

>implying anyone who enjoyed Kaiji haven't already read 300 chapters of Washizu Mahjong

You'd be surprised how many people who liked Kaiji don't get further into fkmt because muh mahjong.

What if Kurosawa and Kaiji fought but Akagi was betting on Kaiji to win?

How could anyone not love him! One of the best manga villains honestly.
Who's your #1? fkmt boy

Well it's obviously Nobuko-chan Kaiji. Can't resist these moe levels.

Kaiji vs Yami in a game of duel monsters
Who wins?

He would have more of a chance against Atem than against Akagi, but the principe stays mostly the same, he would also win at any other game like the beginning of the manga shows.

Daga Sore de ii!!