KyoAni has the best visu-

KyoAni has the best visu-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ru88os_fUPY
youtube.com/watch?v=kEeUXPDstC8
youtube.com/watch?v=yuQA5_O0RxE
u.nya.is/dpnimw.mp4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PA Works stuff is pretty, but the visual direction is often flat. It presents the scene intelligibly and draws them nicely, but outside of a few of their series there's rarely much use of framing or visual metaphor to make them more interesting than just putting the plot in front of the camera. That's not something you can often say of Kyoani - even in their shittier adaptations, and there's certainly no shortage of those, you can usually open an episode to a random frame and ask yourself what the shot is telling you.

>MUH chromatic aberration
>MUH fish eye lens and blur
Eat shit.

Wit studio did a best work in both kabaneri and SnK

Sakura Quest's riverside shots are amazing.

Which is bottom the right anime?

lmfao this shit bland as hell

Nice one.
Araki is the anime equivalent of Michael Bay.

-als.

kyoani here to save anime

kyoani thread

Lmao Narutaru fag where you at?

PA works is in the Anime Gentlements Tea Club along with KyoAni, Godakobo and Kinema Citrus - but there is still huuuuuuge gap between PA Works and KyoAni.

Uchouten Kazoku is the only PA show where the characters don't look like stickers on the background. NnA had "good visuals" in the sense that backgrounds and line art were very polished but the animation was very dull. The rest of their shows have the blandest visuals ever and shit color direction.

Kyoani is so damn beautiful but I really wish they were more varied in character design. You can tell it's Kyoani by the face alone, but couldn't say that before K-ON when you watched FMP or Air. Maid Dragon felt really fresh because of that.

China has the best visuals.

You don't know shit about visuals. GTFO or better kill yourself.

Going to dump some Uchouten Kazoku cinegrids that some user made. This show is seriously beautiful.

I can agree with Uchouten Kazoku and Nagi no Asukara having breathtaking visuals, but Sakura Quest and Hanasaku Iroha had 'pretty' but rather banal which didn't stand out at all.

There are variances.

I've always thought they were decently varied in their designs. At least I don't remember a design quite like that witch girl in their other shows.

I fucking hate how this pic argues that any noticeable differences means it isn't all the same shit. There's as much variation between episodes with different ADs in series with actual freedom as Kyoani has between KnK, Chuunibyou and Eupho.

All of those examples are distinctive of one another.

Scary how accurate that is.

Bottom two really look like they could be KyoAni.

Sure, you can tell them apart. Nobody fucking cares if they can though, there's no different appeal or strengths to the different minor details.

best.

You'd be better off comparing Keion and Tamako but even then you'd be retarded. Hibike's style is super detailed compared to KnK/Chuuni and Chuni's is rounded to the point where the male MC is barely indistinguishable from the girls.

I laughed but Kyoani still blows away PA Works

glad violet evergarden is more up their alley than kyoukai no kanata
hope it turns out well

What? You mean you can tell these two apart?

Are you telling me this isn't keion?

Sakura Quest was meh, same as Haruchika - pretty low quality and budget work from PA, however you are incorrect abo Hanasaku iroha
- it was not just "pretty", it was best looking PA Works show to date akin to how Hyouka is best looking KyoAni. It was a realistic show, but visuals were crafted extremelly well, with attention to details, effects, lightning and shadows etc.

Aside from that two beutiful PA shows underlooked are RDG - which had subpar animation, but GREAT background visuals and atmosphere and, ironically, Glasslip - which was actually pretty high profile as far visuals go: though nothing outstanding and "flat frames", but still higher quality than all the PA Works shows that followed: after its flop, PA seems to lower budgets and play in on a safer side: even their another anniversary show: Kuromukuro was kinda cheap.

To be objective: Hanasaku Iroha onsen scenes are visually superior

>hurr i'm retarded
die

Season 2 when?

youtube.com/watch?v=ru88os_fUPY

This is ridiculous. The art style is supposed to be used to convey meaning and atmosphere.

Dude lashes lmao

>PA Floppers being this delusional

How cute.

Haruchika > both Euphonium and Hyouka, being better wind orchestra and detective show

And also a massive flop completely overshadowed by those two masterpieces.

Nichijo is old and busted. It was show of of old KyoAni generation that mostly retired or moved on from animation to other roles.

New KyoAni generation is Kyokai no Kanata, litterally - it being essentially an exam show for them.

Literally 99% of Nichijou team is still working at KyoAni.

Glasslip > Munto

I liked Haruchika, it had shit start but became actually interesting past first 4-5 episode when full cast was finally introduced. Main characters are the worst part of the show, its carried by others.

Don't start any shitflinging, Hyouka and Hibike were both AOTS, but I still immensly enjoyed Haruchika.

The fuck? Nichijou's key staff is still at KyoAni.

Kyoukai no Kanata is directed by Nichijou's assistant director and he's old gen.

>Shibufaji didnt work on anything past Nichijou
>Ueno stopped animating after Hyouka and now supervises
>Kawakami epiode director now
>Kitamura quit
>Nakano quit
>Okano quit
>Kodaka quit
>Hosada only did inbetweens since then
> Fujita - episode director now
>Sagawa quit
Kashiwagi still active
>Utsumi director then quit
Karata active
Takahashi active
>Uda only in-betweens
Okura active
Hikiyama active
>Horikawa in-betweens only
>Ikada animation director now not animating himself
>Sakamoto quit
>Yoshida quit
Hane active
>Tanigani in-betweens only
Takahashi active
>Teranishi quit
>Makita quit
>Nonoue quit kyoani, but was specially invited for Silent Voice
>Kadowaki animation director now
Ota active
>Yoneda quit
Iwasaki active
>Naito quit
>Naoko Yamada.. do i have to tell more?
Muraki active
>Kitanohara directs
>Ousaka quit
Sezaki active
>Ota quit
Muto active
Akitake active
Sawa active
Ikeda active, though mostly directs
>Ogawa directs
Yamaguchi active
>Yamamura directs
Sato active
Yoshimura active
>Kamoi quit
>Takemoto.. do i have to say more?
Urata active
>Watanabe quit
Kakuda active
>Horiguchi quit
>Fuji quit

So most of the staff no longer in KyoAni or has other positions - being episode directors, story boarders, animation directors etc.

Plus the fact that no other show by KyoAni have nearly as big list of animators as Nichijou, it was really ambitions - usually they do more with less.

The point is not direction, but animation. KnK is done by new generation, including those from KyoAni animation school

Thats kinda the point? Ishidate is both great director and animator, though he never wanted to be animator. He studied to be movie director, but coudnt find job in TV/movie industry so had to resort to work in KyoAni as animator. Thankfully, he finally reached the point where he can live his dream and do KINO (albeit anime and not live action movies) with all his quirks and cinematic experiences.

However, like most of older experienced stuff moving to new position it means he stopped animating stuff himself. Yamada used to be animator too.

/thread right here

>he thinks episode and animation directors don't work on genga

Ishidate still animates.

This is KyoAni talent lost since he does another job now

youtube.com/watch?v=kEeUXPDstC8

Idiot. Episode and Animation directors - direct. Each individual piece of animation however is exclusively achivement of KeyAnimators - animation direction at best dictate visual style and edit.

Last time he did something was Free!

youtube.com/watch?v=yuQA5_O0RxE
>Keyframe Drawing : Taichi Ishidate , Haruka Fujita , Fumio Tada
Also Amagi's OP, Free! ES OP, Tamako Love Story, Chuuni Ren, were all after Free!

Ishidate did animation in Koe no Katachi. He also animated some shit in his Phantom World episodes.

Is this him? Looks like him to me.

Yes

Kek.

>do KINO (albeit anime and not live action movies) with all his quirks and cinematic experiences.
Ishidate is a movie sort of guy, actually. Yamada is the Kinofag of KyoAni.

But that show was trash.

I dont know how people can defend kyoani chromatic aberration in fucking anime.

>Chromatic aberration and blur
>Kino

No.

I'm talking about their tastes in film.

Animation directors can animate as well. It depends on the studio and production, but they usually don't spend their days doing nothing but animation checks. That's for a simple reason : there isn't enough checks to occupy the AD 100% of the time. Since he's one of your most talented animators, not giving him him scenes to do is a waste of talent, time and money.

That's Yamada's thing, not Ishidate's.

The issue is that Yamada's use of instagram effects is so cheap, basically just a simple vignette mask on top of the image at all times. Effects like this work well in small doses and to complimet other things like the transitions in video related.

u.nya.is/dpnimw.mp4

I'm a retard who can't read nevermind