Haifuri/High school fleet

Haifuri/High school fleet
Why is it so unpopular?

Because it isn't really interesting and doesn't have memorable characters.

It tries to be like Garupan but muddles things up with viral mutant hamsters and a lack of interesting character personalities.

Because it was boring

I think there were two big problems.

The first was that it took some weird decisions with the world and the directing. For example, remember the episode were they need the toilet paper? the point of that was to create a couple of "layers", let's say, so on one you had the serious story of the girls with the problems (because no toilet paper IS fucking serious in the sea) and the second served as filter for you so you knew the girls were never in real danger (lol toilet paper). This is not rare or uncommon, it's a stable of proper horror comedies, for example, but in a post GUP world it's hard to pull it off in the "cute girls doing cute war things" genre, because people are too used at seeing the war activity through the "it's a sport anime" filter and only get confused by this double layer.

The second problem is that the cast was too big and I don't think we ever cared for it.

There wasn't any proper consequences to illustrate that what they're doing had any importance.
It was split between wanting to be like GuP (a non serious CGDCT/sports show), and a more serious conspiracy thriller.
In the end they didn't have the balls to commit to either.

Anons feel insecure when there are rats near the girls.

FUCKING

HAMSTERS

Ships are gay.

It needed to just be slice of life on the sea. With the occasional rescue.

Don't worry, season 2 will become popular with the pyrokinetic platypi .

Because Navy is worse branch

>all these posts implying
Congratulations, western meme follower retards, Haifuri sold very well, is popular more than enough and getting another season.

OP implied the popularity on Sup Forums.

because Maron wasn't the MC

Because torpedo wasn't the mc

They did a poor job making the characters interesting or memorable and the plot with the evil hamsters was stupid

I love how the girls in this show wear slips underneath their skirts.
Something about that really turns me on.

Where can I get a high school girl to sail the seven seas with me?

because hamsters ruined it

Doggy style with her

All they needed was a tournament with ships and magic ammo.

I really liked this show, was pretty cool we only got their perspective during the fights and solely focused on one ship.
Everyone keeps saying the cast was too large but I thought it was a good number with decent focus on the main three/bridge officers, similar to Star Trek (TOS mainly). Although some character were pretty one-note, I have no problem with that because that was their sole purpose.

The hamster plot was meh, but it was just an excuse for the plot to happen. Corny and goofy, like the entire premise (Airplanes don't exist, Japan has slowly been sinking, Training young kids in naval ships and giving them actual firepower albeit "training", etc.). The hamsters were just the driving force, and thus stood out from all the other worldbuilding.

The OVAs were fun and I hope for S2. I also need that shark plushie.

>Although some character were pretty one-note, I have no problem with that because that was their sole purpose.
Honestly my favorite part of Haifuri was how even the characters with the fewest screen time had personality. I think the show is quite unique in that regard. I don't think I ever enjoyed seeing random side characters do random shit as much as I did Haifuri. The whole cast and their jobs was really well structured.

Because some people have really really bad taste.

Chance

Hamster plot

Is OVA 2 subbed yet??

Are they going to remove worst girl for S2?

>Japan has slowly been sinking,
I never understood why this was at all important. Like I remember seeing the bubbles rise from the fault in the sea floor in the OP and the end scene in the first episode and thinking it was important.

But it wasn't, at all. It had zero plot relevance, especially when you realize the Blue Mermaids are a worldwide entity and Japan didn't need to sink for that to matter in any way whatsoever.

ywn see her again, fuck this gay earth

As contrived as it was, lelcabronarmor in GuP made a battle between tanks workeable, because there was a a clear piece of plot armor that justify these little girls going all out in blasting the shit out of each other.

Haifuri didn't do this, and as a consequence the crew of the Harekaze ALWAYS had to pull their punches or pull off bullshit (looking at you Tama shooting another shell out of the sky), because ultimately there were humans on board the ships and the crew didn't want to harm them. As a consequence, we never got to watch the warships part of cute girls on warships perform as they meant to. It's telling that between the first episode and the last episode, Harekaze didn't manage to land its main armament (its torps) on a single ship in the 10 episodes in between.

It really wasn't a bad show, but I don't think I'm the only one that felt mislead and disappointed after the combat and mystery that the first episode seemed to imply.

Season 2 will have boys as the main antagonist and love interest, no thanks I'd prefer endless OVAs.

Should Kuro get her wish of being lovers with Shiro or should Maron get her wish of being lovers with Kuro?

Because you didn't read the zasshi month after month before the release where they were hyping it up and introduced the characters bit after bit

Pretty much this.

>when you realize the Blue Mermaids are a worldwide entity
Really? I thought that was actually a Japan-only thing.

I thought the Blue Mermaids were because ships were so important because Japan was sinking.
Anyway
>It had zero plot relevance
It was more for world-building and just set dressing.

The file for the subs has been out for a while.