Is Steven Anderson right about Catholicism?

I am a Catholic, and after months of avoiding Anderson's musings on Catholicism, I began taking the plung. I thought, well, they lied to us about Hitler. They have lied about so many things, things so secret, so much guilt. What about grace? What about understanding? If God forgives, why must I go to confession? Why are plastic beads helping me pray? Why am I praying to saints and Mary when ... John 3:16

Thoughts?

Please help me out. The thought of leaving the church is nerve wracking, but I don't know how much longer I can lie to myself. It's also nerve wracking because... muh Family.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cjpLdHCMsCU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3lwwfCpvXnc
youtube.com/watch?v=MzbFzIegDsE
youtube.com/watch?v=3lwwfCpvXnc&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=b9-fs9xNRkI
youtube.com/watch?v=X9rTbh4a57o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

steven anderson is a flaming retard, OP

I was raised a baptist but now am converting to Traditional Catholicism. I can't believe I used to listen to that guy.

Why?

some people get more out of the ritual stuff from Catholicism than others.

some people like the more freeform stuff of protestants.
just go with what you like

You don't pray to Mary, you ask Her to pray for you

I've seen this. He makes sense. Vatican does not make sense sometimes. He may not be stylized, but even The Pope seems out of sorts at times...

>John 3:16
That covers the afterlife, the intercession of saints deals with the sufferings and maladies of life

The Bible says call no man your Father on earth.

The Bible says Jesus called Mary “woman,”.

The work of Christ on the cross is FINISHED! Your sins are already forgiven.

Listen to pastor Anderson; YES, he is right!

It's not what you like, though. You can like drinking but that won't get you to heaven.

Neither knowledge or rituals will save you, and this is what I am afraid of.

But she is dead. She isn't God. Isn't that speaking to dead people? If Christ is God, we can speak to him and ask him to pray, but asking Mary, who is a dead human to pray... even that is not making sense.

I would not be opposed to a baptist holocaust. Everyone I've ever met has been unpleasant.

This, don't pretend you're not LARPing anyway lol.

Anderson has some good points but he is in no way theologian, so I wouldn't linger on his every word. He does not understand neither Catholicism nor Orthodoxy and both his speeches on these two denominations were full of twisting of facts and just simple ignorance.
Also he's the KJV only idiot. Literally said to not listen to anyone trying to explain some passage with context from the Greek or Hebrew word written in the original, cause KJV is all you need. Even though it is widely accepted by now that it has quite a few mistranslations.

>Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock[a] I will build my church, and the gates of hell[b] shall not prevail against it.
The Catholic Church is the one true church. I am from rural Texas so where I am from mostly the whites are protestant and mexicans are Catholic, but my mother and her mother's family are Catholic. I never really looked into it as my mother is not much of a Christian and my father and step mother took me to their Baptist church but after lurking on infinity chan christian (which I recommend) I have come to believe the only way to salvation is through the Catholic Church. Personally I hope I am wrong about that, but either way I think the Catholic Church is no doubt best. I was already leaning towards the episcopal church because I like the traditional aspect of it.
The vast majority of my ancestors were probably protestants, but I don't care, they were wrong.

He's absolutely right. Catholicism is Polytheism.

No Larp. If you don't want to add anything constructive, leave.

here you go nibba

Basically all protestants believe you can do anything and it doesn't matter if you believe Jesus died for your sins. Seems like very backwards to me.

Yeah, I understand what you are saying about the KJV issue, but I'm not so worried about theology, I'm worried about my soul.

Confession is in the Bible:

John 20:21-23:

Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

>Catholicism is polytheism meme
You're not worshiping a Saint, you're asking them to intercede on your behalf.

Praying =/= worship
Praying is communication
We pray to saints to ask them to pray for us to God on their behalf.

Also you don't pray to the saints in the same way you do to God. You are merely asking them to pray for you

considering the current pope might be the antichrist who doesnt seem to care about the bible very much, pastor anderson may have a point

>The Bible says call no man your Father on earth.
What do you call the man who provided you with half of you DNA?

>The Bible says Jesus called Mary “woman,”.
The Greek term for that means more of "My dear Lady" than generic "woman". Besides, from the cross Jesus names Mary the Mother to John and names him her son.

>The work of Christ on the cross is FINISHED! Your sins are already forgiven.
You can still reject Christ's sacrifice through sinning. It's called free will.

>Listen to pastor Anderson; YES, he is right!
He is right on some stuff, but a lot of what he says he pulls out of his ass.

Do not let yourself be influenced by others for your faith in God. Research, read the Bible, read the Compendium of the Catholic faith.
Who lied to you about Hitler? Who lied to you? The Church in Heaven and Earth or mortals living in a sinful world prone to making mistakes?

Reconciliation is for you to rejoin your brothers and sisters in the Church to live united, catholic and holy in the body of Christ. God has always forgiven us all.

Learn your Church before you make accusations. "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."
Being in Heaven =/= being dead. Learn to theology first. There's loads for you to relearn as a Catholic.

Also the only reason the Bible is considered the word of God is because the Catholic Church said it is and compiled it. If you disregard the Church you can't believe in the Bible.

How though? It doesn't once say Catholic or Catholicism in the Bible? How can you know it's the one true church?

She is saint and saints are allowed to see and speak to God and hear you. Others (like dead members of your family) need to wait until Christ comes again (from human's perspective, for them it is already done)

The Catholic church is exactly the kind of perverse institution that Christ warned against.

>Please help me out. The thought of leaving the church is nerve wracking, but I don't know how much longer I can lie to myself. It's also nerve wracking because... muh Family.
>one man says something and you are already weak on your faith

Watch this and steven anderson is completely debunked:

Christ is the one that established the Church and said it will never be destroyed. So there is a Church that has been there since the times of Jesus that has had its theology intact. You're basically left with either Catholicism or Orthodoxy. If you follow who has the right theology you'll find the Church that will help you keep your soul.

Interesting thank you for that

Because Jesus Christ started it himself.

If Protestans are right and all you have to do is believe, then why not be Catholic?

Bruh it's deeper than that.
You've heard Mary referred to as the Queen of Heaven I'm sure.....well crack open your Bible to Jeremiah 44 and you'll find this.
But since we left off to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine.

19 And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven, and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?

founded it

>adults believing religion has any other purpose than social control

Honestly, that's the Catholics I've experienced. They can treat people like trash and go to confession and think they will go to heaven.

Bishops can trace a lineage to apostles. In the early days of the Church, it was merely called the Way or the Universal Church. Catholic means Universal. The people who made the terminology had the authority of the apostles.

>We pray to saints to ask them to pray for us to God on their behalf.
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Holy shit, anyone who believes that prots use more "complete" version of the bible than the Catholic Church is a complete faggot

Yes but confessing it to God. Doesn't say to a priest?

The only catholics I know are mexicans, and I don't know them very well. Just find the most traditional church you can find. Attend a latin mass if possible. Protestants don't even care about confessing, they just do whatever they want. Make whatever choice you want, I'm not going to make it for you, just telling you what I have found. I've never met a bigger christian than my Traditional Catholic uncle.

I am a polytheist. Protestantism is Jew War God Worship, Catholicism is Greco-Roman polytheism in denial.

youtube.com/watch?v=MzbFzIegDsE

I love how Sup Forums is so Catholic. When will we have a Catholic Absolute Monarchy anons?

So I assume you don't ask others to pray for you and you yourself don't pray for your loved ones?

Soon my brother. Jesus will come. Soon.

Its the joke of Sup Forums. Mock perceived enemies whilst revering the church of a migrant toe sucker.

He's right, but, I hope he doesn't celebrate christmas either, it's a pagan holiday. Otherwise he's just a hypocrite.

Do I pray to my mother to pray for me? No. I ask her, because she is not a divine being like Jesus Christ.

I'm afraid theology won't save you or me. This y'all are not understanding.

>or orthodoxy
>orthodoxy
>doesn't have Peter's true successor
Come back to the true church, Orthodoxbros. Just accept the pope'S authority and our theology is basically the same.

>If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven
Jesus is saying this, telling them that they may forgive sins.

false pope

shh... adults are talking, go back to masturbating to anime and watching rick and morty.

He does but there's nothing in the Bible about not celebrating holidays. In fact it explicitly says that shit doesn't matter.

youtube.com/watch?v=b9-fs9xNRkI

You're right, only God will save you. But theology will help you understand that baseless accusations will only torment your own spirit and lead you further away from the One True Church.
You are currently judging God's actions through the Church as being filthy sinful practices when they're not. It's on you to learn about the nature of God's work and that's only feasible through theology. It's your soul that's on the line here.

He is the what the Catholic church would eventually become.

You replied to the wrong user friendo

Do you ask your mother to pray for you. Do you even know what prayer to Mary and Saints say? It's not "Have Mercy on us" like the prayers to Jesus but rather "Pray for us". It's called communion of the saints. Read up on it before you make a silly comment.

>pope is at the feet of sinners like Jesus senpai
>somehow bad

You're right. Sorry it was meant for the poster above.

Christmas was very much celebrated by the early Christians. Just cause some pagan traditions got Christened does not make the essence of the Holiday pagan.

You can believe alot of different things and still maintain being a catholic. Its up to you. Just keep in mind that if you sin you will be held accountable.

He can not be a true pope

The definition of pray includes "divine being". You don't pray to your boss for a promotion.
You don't pray to your girlfriend to marry you.
You pray to Jesus.
The idea of a unified universal church is so dumb. Tower of Babel ring any bells Catholics? You're not supposed to universalize everything, God loves division.

adult don't believe in things with no evidence. ok maybe trump supporters do, but normal adults need a shred of evidence to believe things.

Tfw Baptized in Russian Othadox church

OP you should look into this stuff
if you still believe in christianity when you listen to most of this guys stuff you'll at least be a non retarded christian.

I'll start you off with something easy.
youtube.com/watch?v=X9rTbh4a57o

>Just accept the pope'S authority and our theology is basically the same.
LOL. No. There is much more differences on many levels in theology between Catholics and Orthodox. Besides what sane person would wanna accept Bergoglio.

>supporting a ring of pedophiles and assorted degenerates that live in a palace funded by your tithes
kill yourself

He mentions worshipping the rosario is worshipping idols and that accepting the Catholic crackers does not qualify as accepting Jesus. Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus, it was instated by the Romans to celebrate Saturnalia a pagan holiday. That's why I say he would be a hypocrite, you are right, bible doesn't talk about holidays, but Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus. His only mandate was to remember his death for the salvation of humanity.

Catholicism is very ritualistic. Here's my view on all these denominations. If one believes in grace through faith and faith alone in Jesus Christ (like Catholicism does, along with many other denominations do), then other minor doctrinal differences don't condemn one to hell.

God will sort out all our doctrine when we get to heaven. Instead of bickering among ourselves, why not focus on fighting Marxism and winning people for God?

Technically he can't, Jesuits can't become a Pope, though not a Christian myself I recognise the Catholic church is officially defunct.

> Double post

The absolute state of you, lad.

false pope

Sup Forums is really not catholic its just whenever a thread comes up mentioning religion and catholics they all come to the thread. You're just getting a distorted sample from religion threads.
t. catholic who does exactly what I just described.
We also tend to not bring up our religion in non-related threads.

Sometimes I'm really sad that I realized God is not real and I can't have faith... then I see threads like this and remember all the nit-picking/bible quoting/ your reading is 2% off so you're going to burn in hell for eternity while I fuck yur mum in heaven levels of retardation that accompany religion.

Feels good to be redpilled.

Word.

He spreads hearsay

Hmmm

yeah I'm aware of that, still cool to see though

It's called a stunt.

>What about grace?

Need repentance still; otherwise you have a huge rabbit hole. Once saved always saved? Does that mean I can “accept Jesus into by heart” one day and curse God the next and still merit Heaven?

>What about understanding?

Not quite sure what this is about. Being made in the image of God we are provided understanding by merit of creation.

>If God forgives, why must I go to confession?

Because we continue to sin. Really it comes down to a misunderstanding. Descartes saw man as having a physical and mental being. Thus it is convenient and also true we can confess in our mind our sins; the mistake is that this negates the body and the truth of the material realm. By this I mean physically going to the confessional and verbalizing your sins demonstrates the contriteness of heart and thus is more sincere a repentance than a mere reflection of the mind.

>Why are plastic beads helping me pray?

It focuses, I was praying the Rosary when I was a Protestant(I know crypto-Catholic much) and I can confidently say if done regularly it gives astounding peace. Furthermore, that focusing on the Mysteries—which is the real point of the rosary—has a long tradition that directly reflects the trinity.

>Why am I praying to saints and Mary when ... John 3:16

If we as the faithful believe in Heaven then they are valid listeners. More still a universal church would mean that asking Mary to pray is the same as during times of trouble requesting your priest for prayers. You can still make direct appeal to God; I caution that God is wild.

He spreads degeneracy, he is literally (((their))) pope.

If you choose to remember Jesus by celebrating CHristmas, then you're fulilling that mandate and enjoying your national culture at the same time.
Getting hung up about Christmas is the kind of behavior warned about in the Bible. Let people eat or not eat and all that.

I wish Britain was still Catholic.

Chinks "pray" to the spirits of their ancestors, yet they don't consider them "divine beings". This is just technicalities about what you understand by that word. Doesn't make what I mean when I say "pray" in regard to Mary and Saints false.
Jesus established the Church. If you think it's supposed to be more decentralized, then Orthodoxy is your way.

that's the priest who specializes in interracial marriage between black men and white women. he's scum.

It all depends on what you mean by Catholic.
Is a Catholic one who follows the Holy See without question? Is a Catholic someone who follows the teachings of Jesus Christ as they were passed to Peter? Are you a pre-Vatican ii Catholic and, if you are, does mean you're not a Catholic now at all?

At the end of the day, Catholicism spread the name and word of Jesus throughout the world. Was it corrupted? Probably. But it is and was without a doubt the strongest unifying force for Christianity.

Evangelicals have their own very serious issues which doesn't necessarily mean it's right to be a Catholic but I would take what they say lightly.

What a cruel thing to say.

Why the fuck would you want to be Catholic? Aside from the retarded theology, why would you want to be under a pope who kisses migrant feet and contradicts the Bible on the daily?