Are Martin Scorcese's films morally degenerate?

His mafia movies in particular are popular because people enjoy the excitement of watching humans committing acts of savage violence and not being constrained by anything resembling a moral conscience. His films seem to glamorise the mob life and all its evils: murder, theft, extortion, drug use, addiction. In contrast, a series like The Sopranos, although it explored similar themes always highlighted the negative consequences of the evil choices the central characters make in a way that is ugly and not glamorous.

My gut tells me the Emperor of Hollywood is just another degenerate kike-enabler hiding behind phoney, pretentious Catholic imagery.

The one thing you need to remember about Scorcese's gangster flicks is that someone is always brought down by their own hubris. I did really enjoy Silence desu.

I would say no, I think he aims to portray people the way he understands them to be, and that in itself is the statement he's making with his films.

In 'Mean Streets' the main character was a mafia guy who was conflicted by the contrast in his Catholic faith and upbringing and the lifestyle he led. It's a great movie. He's a great director.

Silence is the worst film I have ever seen

The way he acted over the Departed, despite the movie being a complete copypasta of Infernal Affairs, made me sick
He seems like a great director to work with, but I think he came down with boomeritis in the 2000s

Scorcese has always subverted (((Hollywood)) by making films about traditional masculinity and conservative values in a sexy/violent package. He's literally outkiking them every step of the way.

I grew up in the northeast in a normal, middle-class family that has nevertheless dealt with a certain mob family many times.

I've only seen Goodfellas and The Departed, but nothing that I've seen in those films contradicts all of the stories that I've heard. I think his films properly portray what a bunch of psychopaths those guys are.

my experiences with organized crime in the southwest has been a much more pleasant experience.

Taxi driver was pretty based

Who the fuck are you?

>muh infernal affairs
imagine being this pleb

elaborate on such dealings

Defuck are you?

watch more movies

Really I thought his mob films did the exact opposite, they make the mob put for the ruthless backstabbing criminals that they are, as opposed to the Godfather where they're seen as more chivalrous.

with the exception of some rather expensive jewelry that my grandmother has, it's all just been stupid shit that my family got caught up in. death threats, coworkers getting death threats, being forced to buy a horse etc

who am I?
Who the fuck are you?
Say that shit to my face IRL Faggot

>1 post by this poxy jew

Isn't Hugo a girl's name?

Catharsis by proxy