Sheboon Feminist Removing Art From Gallery

Clare Gannaway, the gallery’s curator of contemporary art, said the aim of the removal was to provoke debate, not to censor. “It wasn’t about denying the existence of particular artworks.”

The work usually hangs in a room titled In Pursuit of Beauty, which contains late 19th century paintings showing lots of female flesh.

Gannaway said the title was a bad one, as it was male artists pursuing women’s bodies, and paintings that presented the female body as a passive decorative art form or a femme fatale.

“For me personally, there is a sense of embarrassment that we haven’t dealt with it sooner. Our attention has been elsewhere ... we’ve collectively forgotten to look at this space and think about it properly. We want to do something about it now because we have forgotten about it for so long.”

Gannaway said the debates around Time’s Up and #MeToo had fed into the decision.

The removal itself is an artistic act and will feature in a solo show by the artist Sonia Boyce which opens in March. People can tweet their opinion using #MAGSoniaBoyce
theguardian.com/artanddesign/2018/jan/31/manchester-art-gallery-removes-waterhouse-naked-nymphs-painting-prompt-conversation

Jesus Christ Sup Forums, how is there not a thread about this?

Here is the nog 'artist' who will be taking the painting down.

It's the Negroid inferiority complex.

Jealous of white women's natural silky hair.
Feels inferior about IQ.
Feels ugly as a baboon.
Feels disease ridden.

>If I can't be beautiful, no one else can!

It's that, and the ideology of the owners.
And the fact that society can't co-ordinate a proper response.

Why the hell is this thing in charge to begin with?

Do you realise you are giving an African ape power over your society?

She isn't in charge, but you're right, she shouldn't be within twenty feet of the painting.

kek remember when the female form was celebrated in art?

>For me personally, there is a sense of embarrassment that we haven’t dealt with it sooner. Our attention has been elsewhere ... we’ve collectively forgotten to look at this space and think about it properly.
Puritanism in a nutshell

that painting IS beautiful. we should not let it happen.
(guy who said he was looking to invest in us now is your chance)

They are ugly creatures. They don't want to progress towards beauty ideals.

They are selfish abominations. They want everyone to regress to their level, so they can temporarily feel better about themselves.

Man, the transition between the patriarchal and matriarchal system is pissing off a lot of people. Of course, that was to be expected.
If I were a woman, I'd wait until the transfer is complete before adressing the less urgent questions such as this. It just gives the whole thing a sense of totalitarism (which it is, actually) that doesn't sit well with the mass.

post the one where landwhales thought that fat women were desired because a few artists drew them, but it was only a small minority of painting that did this, and a good majority depicted slim, beautiful women

Just hang it somewhere else

She is literally jealous of the beauty of these archetypes of western female beauty because she's an ugly dike that no man desires, that's what's actually going on here.

>the one where landwhales thought that fat women were desired because a few artists drew them
I don't have that one unfortunately.

But these creatures need to be hanged. They are a danger to society. They want everyone around them to regress downwards.

Meh, the people who put a nigger in that position are the ones to blame. You don't do that and then cry about the result.

>If I can't be beautiful, no one else can!

Same as communists
>if I can't be successful as others, no one else can!

>Feminism = communism
You have cracked the mystery user.

That's the root to why they complain about "wage gap".
They want engineers to earn as little as nurses, nevermind the fact that engineers would flee to other countries who would pay better, resulting in their society to crash.

HOW DARE SHE ASSUME GENDERS REEEEEEEE!!11!!!

Who let money into museum?

Hahaha your time is over whitey. The future will know nothing about you.

The British.