What makes Monogatari so good?

Is it the pure and unique artstyle?
The masterful dialogue?
Fun and catchy songs?
Cute girls?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BhwTeyeau30
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's better if you read the novel first, to grasp a more detailed setting. The art style is too compressed for the anime adaptation. However, they do a good job at delivering it, in a way that uses a lot of abstract language etc.

I'd say a combination of all of the things you mentioned.

Yes.

Good? How?

Shinobu.

100% the dialogue and likable characters.

it's not

It was me

Masterful dialogue? It's nothing more than pretentious garbage. Get a life.

>pretentious
Is there no other word people who hate on the series can use?

It's just a series built around dialogues, which Nisio likes to write. It doesn't have that much of a deep meaning, just a guy writing what he likes to write, a character drama. It's really self-indulgent and isn't ashamed of basically being a harem show with an interesting plot, it's just plain good.

a brown pile of shit pretending to be clever is still a brown pile of shit. And that's what monogatari is.

>pretending to be clever
>literally explains everything that happens
If you think japanese play on words is pretentious, then that is a problem with you.

Its not set in a high school
Top tier character design with best voice talent possible
Top tier backrounds
Every shot looks like an artpiece which elevates it above most other tv anime
Dialogue is fun
Tasteful fanservice
The mc is one of the best ever, hes alpha, not a virgin, witty, has a gf that puts out, lolicon, vampire but not really.

I see that my analogy is too hard of a concept for you to grasp. Let's move on.

Stop falling for such obvious bait

>I can't explain my shitpost so I'll brush it off and pretend to be clever
Kill yourself

Your analogy is more pretentious than anything from monogatari.

i'll give you that.

based ragi

Don't forget the music, its so good, every season has a great fitting OST which obviously didnt exist with the novels, so its something new that the anime adaption adds to the series and adds it very well youtu.be/BhwTeyeau30

The hentai derived from it.

dammit Sup Forums, you finally talked me into watching the whole thing. what's going to happen to me?

Everything you said

How can a naked little girl look so regal?

I typically hate harems. Despite this, the dialogue and designs elevate the series to a solid 7 out of 10 for me.

hear more talking
from best girl obviously

It's going to give you a dozen fetishes and make you participate in waifu wars. On the plus side, you're going to learn to speed read.

>crab
>best anything
you're goddamn right

It's a combination of many things. All the characters are unique and have chances to shine in their own arcs. The themes are also very relateable to me. It's a show where I like every girl for different reasons. Kaiki and Oshino are also amazing male characters. The best fucking OP's ever, too.

Its not harem since Koyomi dates crab seriously.

Cat wanted to date him but dropped it after crab got involved
Snake is mentally ill and her attraction had its own storyline which ended in araragi avoiding contant with her.
Monkey is a lesbian who used araragi to get closer to crab
Sisters have boyfriends
Snails dead
Doll just wants to fuck anyone
Shinobu is tied to him by magic

Head tilts

>Its not harem
I refuse to believe this, stop baiting me. Arrrragi is a sister fucking, loli humping, red blooded man who can't be stopped.

Great visuals and audio, setting up a perfect mood. Show is very character driven and the dialogue between them is very fun to listen to/read. It's not deep, but has good themes and morals to deliver that are always appreciated. I could listen some more reasons, but these are some big ones

>dates crab seriously
>bathes with a naked loli vampire

really gets the popcorn buttering