Anyone else see In this Corner tonight? I just got out of the theater

anyone else see In this Corner tonight? I just got out of the theater.

It was good, I liked it

Not yet in cinemas in my country.

FUCK I fell asleep after work and forgot to go.

you're just like Suzu

I did. Had a bit of a tear going on. Good film, really enjoyed it.

Haven't even seen it and don't know what it's about but
>oy vey muh nukes

dropped

Pathetic.

it's much less about the war than you'd think, it's more about family and tragedy in a broad sense

Drop yourself you fat fuck.

Sounds gay

we get it, you're a child

You're mom's a child

There are no nukes on this manga. Only regular bombs, and they do a bad job at killing.

There's a nuke. Once. Briefly.

go watch it. i read somewhere that they had to crowdfund it because neither sponsors nor state wanted to touch something so honest. shit is real, there is little to no retouching i guess, examples being:
- you get a whole sequence/subplot about comfort women
- japanese military might is doubted, "how much horsepower do they have" blew me mind in retrospect
and it's in no way edgy, the only moment it approaches edginess is resolved brilliantly ("thank you for allowing me to _talk_ to OnoD")
tl;dr it's really good

>comfort women
the "nice smelling" ones in the fancy area of town, right? I missed that.

>i read somewhere that they had to crowdfund it because neither sponsors nor state wanted to touch something so honest.

You're half right, in that there was crowdfunding involved, but it was just to pay for the Director to go to the premiere in a bunch of different countries, to get an idea of how the world perceived the film.

>remember Pearl Harbor

Everybody laugh at the Murrican!

Word to da wise

Wait, so did she ever have any kids with her husband aside from the one they adopted? Didn't see any other kids in the credits/epilogue.

not during the period of time the film covers, no.

Just watched this in Brighton.
I really loved it. I fell in love with Suzu instantly and I really liked her little eye scrunches every time something awkward happened. The transition into a more serious tone was done really well too. I thought they handled a lot of the really hard bits [spoilers] like her getting her hand blown off, her niece dying or her mum going missing[/spoilers] with a lot of subtlety. There was a lot less over dramatisation like we've seen recently woh kimi no wa and koe no katachi .

It was also a great look into the Japanese way of life and mindset in 1940. Suzu's interactions with her husband and sister in law especially highlighted the differences in how people reflated to each other compared to how most people do now.

The director came to Mexico, but I am not sure if this was on the theaters of my state
Should have checked

Just saw it in Norwich and loved it. Thought Suzu was a brilliant character. Also the soundtrack was really nice.

my only complain is that even adults looks like childrens, maybe they made in this way because a kind of twisted gap moe more impact in the later half of the movie

I miss the premiere

It's not even a war film you fucking moron.

That's literally just Fumiyo's art.

>tfw no qt suzu waifu