How do plutocrats always manage to make down-and-out populists love and support them?

How do plutocrats always manage to make down-and-out populists love and support them?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Ot3sL
archive.is/SNbja
washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/01/05/trumps-first-year-jobs-numbers-were-very-very-good
npr.org/2017/12/19/571754894/charts-see-how-much-of-gop-tax-cuts-will-go-to-the-middle-class
washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/business/what-republican-tax-plans-could-mean-for-you/?utm_term=.9f3d57042ff2
cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-announces-two-companies-will-create-new-jobs-in-u-s/
investopedia.com/news/warren-buffetts-berkshire-gains-37-billion-tax-cuts/
washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/02/16/the-biggest-beneficiaries-of-the-government-safety-net-working-class-whites/
npr.org/2017/11/20/565297639/how-republicans-can-shoehorn-temporary-tax-cuts-in-for-good
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thesis-antithesis-synthesis

Populists are retards. See all those r/donald scumbags that are infecting Sup Forums right now. That's how.

if literally anybody is a plutocrat it is hillary rodham clinton

Sure, but she openly appealed to wealthy voters and donors. Trump is no less of a plutocrat.

Explain how Trump is a plutocrat? The only people I've seen him appeal to is factory worker blue-collar types.
Does that make him a .. Populist?

smartest post in this thread i dont need to see the rest.

Crickets..

By saying populist things unlike all the other plutocrats. The demoralized white American voter will jump at any rhetoric that even remotely sounds like it might be in their interests because such rhetoric is so rare.

He appeals to populists because he knows it gets him support. Like an infomercial salesman.

He makes immigrants scapegoats for the economic problems of the working class, while corporations prefer not to add jobs or raise wages, even after tax cuts. Meanwhile, American retail dies and automation threatens the trucking industry.

In policy and in practice, he supports Wall Street and the wealthy, because he is wealthy, wants lower taxes, and wants to be accepted by others with wealth. Nothing he does shows any sign of wanting to reduce inequality. Tax cuts for the rich will likely increase it, in fact.

So despite that Trump appeals to the working man while Hillary took an elitist approach, he's still as much of a plutocrat? And Trump takes no salary, he donates all of it to charity. Sounds really plutocratic, doesn't it?

Appealing to the working class is just advertising. He doesn't walk the walk.

His businesses are all intact and making money (from the federal government in many cases) and he'll assume control of them again when he re-enters the private sector. If he's as rich as he says he is, then a presidential salary is peanuts to him.

>Tax cuts for the rich will likely increase it, in fact.
But it's not just for the rich, user. archive.is/Ot3sL
>He appeals to populists because he knows it gets him support
Not an argument, has it crossed your mind that perhaps he appeals to populists because he wants to empower the average american citizen?
>American retail dies and automation threatens the trucking industry.
Solving this problem is one of the main pillars on which he was elected

I don't think that he's a plutocrat, and I don't think you have any evidence or reason to say that he is one.

>not just for the rich
They will disproportionately benefit the rich over time, especially when the tax cuts for the middle class expire.
>he wants to empower the average american citizen?
You obviously believe this, but do you have any proof of this as borne out by his actions?
>Solving this problem is one of the main pillars on which he was elected
What is he doing to this end?

>They will disproportionately benefit the rich over time
would love a citation on this, have heard it spouted before but with no evidence.
>any proof he wants to empower the average american citizen
I will again point to the article I linked you. Lower-middle class families with children are receiving the largest tax by percentage
>What is he doing to solve american retail dying and the threat of automation
lots of new jobs, reduced unemployment archive.is/SNbja

archive link possibly broken
washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/01/05/trumps-first-year-jobs-numbers-were-very-very-good

>no evidence
npr.org/2017/12/19/571754894/charts-see-how-much-of-gop-tax-cuts-will-go-to-the-middle-class
washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/business/what-republican-tax-plans-could-mean-for-you/?utm_term=.9f3d57042ff2

>new jobs
What does that have to do with Trump policy changes? Can you show any causal relationship? What is Trump specifically doing to address the death of retail and the effects automation will have on the economy?

please read my post too

NPR article:
>Meanwhile, many lower- and middle-class Americans would have higher taxes a decade from now ... unless a future Congress extends the cuts.
>Congress members could avoid that wave of tax hikes by extending those individual tax cuts beyond 2025. The White House has suggested that this is the plan.
So, according to the NPR article, tax cuts "disproportionately benefiting the rich" will only occur if Congress decides it doesn't want the Trump tax bill anymore.

Washington Post article:
>pic related
pay close attention to the percentages.
The rich get more dollars from the tax cut, but a smaller percentage of their income than poorer families.
I think you'd only be satisfied if, in a Bernie Sanders fashion, we robbed the rich of all of their income to subsidize the unnecessary programs that keep democratic voters alive and happy

and for an added bonus here is an article explaining how Trump is working to keep jobs in america cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-announces-two-companies-will-create-new-jobs-in-u-s/

Good job Drumpfshits

Warren Buffett's Berkshire Gains $37 Billion from Tax Cuts
investopedia.com/news/warren-buffetts-berkshire-gains-37-billion-tax-cuts/

>if Congress decides it doesn't want the Trump tax bill anymore.
Yes, the tax cuts for the rich won't expire, while the rest will. Why could that be?

>unnecessary programs that keep democratic voters alive and happy
Because only nonwhites in blue states and cities use government programs to help them survive, right?
washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/02/16/the-biggest-beneficiaries-of-the-government-safety-net-working-class-whites/

Wow the majority demographic happens to also be the majority beneficiary of social programs? imagine my shock. Why does the second largest beneficiary of social programs as per your article only hold ~13% of the US population but receive almost half as much money in programs? hmmmmmm

>Yes, the tax cuts for the rich won't expire, while the rest will
got a source on that? I'm under the impression that if they don't decide to continue the Trump cuts, taxes go back to how they were before the bill passed.

Source? See my links above.

Actually it's not in either of your links.
Here's an article that discusses it in a little more detail. It says that the standard deduction and ""individual rates"" will go back up if the bill isn't continued. Don't think that will only hike lower income families.
npr.org/2017/11/20/565297639/how-republicans-can-shoehorn-temporary-tax-cuts-in-for-good
anyway, cheers dude I hope you open your eyes someday

>Warren Buffett's Berkshire Gains $37 Billion from Tax Cuts

Waah, I'm shit with money and can't into savings or investment.

Jealousy and envy of your betters is not attractive, commie.

>stfu and cut my taxes bitch

Because populists are insecure idiots desperately hoping to belong.

They support someone who insists "you don't have to do anything! You belong to THIS group, so by definition you're better than THAT group. Poor, fat, lazy and dumb? It's THAT group's fault, not yours!"

And retards gobble it up.

Populist rhetoric is rare because there is an unspoken pact in D.C. and the media that if you are too populist they will blacklist you.
That works until it gets so bad that someone like Trump can come in and everyone hates the establishment so much that his character assassination actually bolsters him.