Why can't normalfags into mecha?

Why can't normalfags into mecha?

because most people want actual stories and not glorified toy commercials

Normalfags don't like patlabor. replace with code geass

Because Mecha is shit

I don't see code geass on that shitty image

Mecha fans like Code Geass.
Non-mecha weebshits like Patlabor.

Are you serious? Code Geass was awful and had shit mech designs. Meanwhile every hardcore mech fan I've talked either likes or loves Patlabor.
Also
>starter pack
Go back you insufferable little shit

Because muh realism, muh characters, and muh story.

Code Geass is from an experienced mecha director and it shows. True mecha fans know it is great.
Patlabor is liked by weebshits who watch non-mecha anime.

>weebshits
Who let in Sup Forums?

My problem is that every time I decide to pick up a mecha show, I choose poorly.
Why do so many mecha shows have an antagonist with the motivation of "If I just kill and destroy enough stuff, everyone will realize how right I am about ______ and humanity will be ushered into a NEW AGE"
I swear, this is the plot of every mecha show I've seen.

>it's an enemy unit is an /m/ shitposting thread with a facebook image for the OP episode
wew boy

Lurk more newshit

(You)

I did lurk and saw that all Patlabor fans are weebshits who post in Urusei Yatsura threads and have Aria on their 3x3

Characterization seems to be the worst part of mecha. I think the only times I was actually interested in the characters in a mecha show were Overman King Gainer and NGE.

Mecha fans don't like code geass, fucking imbecile.

The fuck are you even doing here if you don't like Aria and UY? There are other places for you to discuss anime.
>>>/MAL/

Aria is MAL nu male core

Not him, but Aria is boring and UY is overrated.

Aria is a masterpiece and you are dumb

Code Geass is reddit tier

Depends if you are talking the shitty adaptation of Aria or the great manga
UY aged like milk nobody needs to sit through that haremshit nowadays.

Not a harem though what the fuck. Minimum lurking is 2 years

code geass is for normalfags

Code Geass was fucking awful. It had every generic anime stereotype that existed in the mid-2000s.

>he doesn't like my garbage anime nobody cares about it must be because he hasn't been here for two years waaaah
Grow some balls, kid. UY is garbage and just because it was made pre-2000 doesn't mean it was good.

What makes you think it is a masterpiece?

how the fuck is the Aria adaptation bad? It really captured the essence of the manga, adding a beautiful soundtrack to it, granted, animation wise it wasn't the best but it was well packed and directed

Are you done trying to save face? You made the really fucking dumb statement that UY is a harem. You were called out and having no fucking clue what you're talking about and told to lurk more before posting. UY is famous enough that you should know what fucking genres it belongs to dumb fuck.
And you're obviously the OP who is also dumb enough to think that mech fans like Geass. Last (you) you'll get from me. Fuck off

>yayacuck

Dat outfit in Gunbuster, I can totally get into that.

>take short thoughtful chapters
>bloat it with boring, substanceless rowing for 20 minutes
The only good thing about it was the OST, which you can just listen to while reading the manga. Literally zero reason to watch the anime.

I just want to see giant fightan robuts without a thesis on the impacts of neocolonialism on 23rd century mars colonies and how it symbolizes the angst of the middle class encountering changing social mores in post-modern Japan.
Am I the bad guy here?