A leftist just asked me "Is donald trump a fascist and an authoritarian"?

A leftist just asked me "Is donald trump a fascist and an authoritarian"?

He’s neither but he’s a good man

I wish

elaborate

No, the democrats that tried to control the election are.

Reply with "no, he's a pro-capitalist (constitutional) republican and a neocon".
The closest thing to a real fascist state rn is China, if only our government was as based...

but specifically, explain why he isn't acting as an authoritarian or heading that way...

so far iv argued this person to the right on the main stream media, gun control, big government, abortion globalisation, immigration and liberalism.

but I'm not sure how best to prove quickly how trump isn't an authoritarian.

im not sure what the evidence is that he is an authoritarian other than his attacks on media, emotional appeals to nationalism and penchant for trying sweeping change

he's not a good man he's not even on our side, he's just self interested in a way that is slightly better than others

>but I'm not sure how best to prove quickly how trump isn't an authoritarian.

If Trump was what they said he was they'd have been all helicoptered already

>but specifically, explain why he isn't acting as an authoritarian or heading that way...
he is acting in accordance with the constitution, in other words he is acting lawfully. since the constitution is constructed democratically and lawfully he can't be an authoritarian de facto if he is subject to its rules.

we could only wish for the next Hitler

>an authoritarian who cuts taxes and deregulates the economy

Look up the definition of facist and authoritarian. Trump has done nothing to fall under either of those categories unless you are a partisan asshole who thinks negatively of anyone with different political leanings.

The answer is yes.

Just ask him---

>so how many of his political opponents, and how many of the press who have attacked him, how many of them has Trump had killed??

Your friend will say "ZERO" if he is honest, and you can say, then "trump is not a fascist or authoritarian, he is the opposite he is too soft, too merciful to his enemies."

Then see what your friend says, because Libtards are capable of amazing Logical gymnastics.

cheers

If he was an authoritarian he would throw opposition of the kind heard on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, etc.. and any opposition journalists into concentration camps where they would never be heard from again. Antifa protests wouldn't be tolerated and he would unleash the police to bash their skulls in. God, come to think of it I kinda wish he were an authoritarian...

>tfw

The fact that Trump has tolerated the Russia investigation when he literally could end it tomorrow if he really wanted to. The Justice Department is an executive branch agency with no authority under the Constitution other than that granted to them by the President.

fascism is authoritarian

Point out how it's far more socially acceptable to mock him in the public space than it is to support him.
Congrats on the rugby by the way, that was an intense finish

he's just another Israel first republicuck.

We will have our Hitler soon though.

You could tell them the so called "authoritarian" mechanisms he's using were set up and used by Obama. And were meant to pass to Hillary who would then use them to cover their criminal acts.

So the real response would be to their question would be "As opposed to what?".
This is what Obama made of the office. These are the powers he created.

Is this leftist truly opposed these increased powers, or is it just Trump being the one wielding them they object to?
Would these same powers be acceptable to them in Hillary's hands?

If they say yes to the latter, just record their name and address, and submit them to the traitor hotline when the day of the rope comes.

go back to leftypol

cheers, its annoying though , we win , but its always tense.

you lot are the team to beat though definitely

Come on user I'm trying to nofap here.

i dont agree with comparing the presidents, thats not really the issue

I DONT CARE

is this real life?

The best answer.

I'm more of a conservative and I hate the media. but it would be hilarious to see trump hanging.. it would be the most amazing few years

nevermind, go back to shareblue

Yeah you guys always seem to do things the hard way. You're still the only team that's beaten us since Jones took over, so things could get very interesting

I'm not a fascist though.

as limited a government as possible, free markets, individual freedoms, the balanced rule of law, democracy....wooo

ask him about the unevidenced warrant in his question that implies being a fascist or authoritarian is inherently bad

He also says that the federal gov should let the states handle more issues than our last few presidents. If anything he's some kind of nationalist libertarian-light

Admirable. Continue the good fight, user. You'll see increased productivity in your life shortly.

ah, it always is. I always support the home teams in the global competitions though so its great to have such competition between us... makes us all better.

The way I see it it'sus, Scotland and Wales against the southern hemisphere teams, and the French.

come on it would be funny to see. , I imagine him in a business suit, with the power tie, not an orange jumpsuit.... maybe they could hang him from his tie, his stupid face would have some ridiculous expression on, he'd probably "return his happy meal" on live television.. Make it pay per view. give the money to charity

I feel the same way except fuck Wales haha

Best post

>"Is donald trump a fascist and an authoritarian"?

No. The Democrats are the authoritarian fascists as they are the ones that insist on everything from government.

hah, ya, sometimes, fuck wales.

thats not a defense of trump. thats just saying that someone else is a fascist... he fascism is a broad term, he does do some things that look kind of fascist....

No, but he needs to be

predictable response

If it was a leftist, that wasn't a question...

i wish Trump was a fascist, not a boomer kissing Israel.
Actual fascists know who's a fascist. pic related

So being a big government pussy is cool now? Who woulda thunk it?

How is this even a thread? You all must feel pretty retarded.

This.

>muh big goberment
>thinking it's the same as a leftist one

you lolbertarians are a fucking joke. Keep smoking that weed and sit your fatass on the couch while the marxists and neo liberals invite the niggers in your country and indoctrinate your kids

>boomer kissing
He is a boomer, so it would make sense that that's the generation he would identify with the most

During the SOTU he turned to the Dems and said, "I call upon all of us to set aside our differences, to seek out common ground, and to summon the unity we need to deliver for the people. This is really the key. These are the people we were elected to serve." Can you show me other dictators throughout history who said such things to the opposing party?

Here’s your (you), fag.

You need us and you know it.
How are you ever going to elect libertarians before you elect someone to kick out the shitskins who want mommy government to keep getting bigger?

i stand by my post, trump is a piece of shit who is mostly selfishly motivated

>he fascism is a broad term, he does do some things that look kind of fascist....

Examples, please?

rhetoric

leftists are so delusional
how can he be authoritarian or fascist? he was elected by the US citizens.

PLEASE tell me that's a boy

Neither. He's both.

DAYUM. This kills the yellow fever fags BTFO!

CAUGHT IN A LANDSLIDE

Elsa Hosk

regardless of justification.

fascism is a broad and fuzzy term that has become even more general as it became an insult, but similarities and truisms for fascist leaders are things like attacking the opposition media, populism in ascent, appeals to nationalism, traditionalism, appeals to an idyllic past, stoking up frustrations in the middle class, complaining about elitists, disrespect of women, dont take kindly to criticism, being a political outsider

i dont think that trump has attempted any kind of crack down on his detractors, nor do i think he has expanded his own control unconstitutionally in the way other presidents have most notably bush and continued by obama with the patriot act, the normalization of the fact that the president can bomb at will without a declaration of war

But, even though they are in some cases justified, Trump does have a lot of the characteristics of a fascist leader

that has happened in the past you know, a democratic system became a fascist system.