Investment Banker user +AMA

I started working as an investment banker two years ago and it has drained the life out of me.

I came in thinking I would change the world but realized that is complete bullshit. I only serve the interests of the globalists and am like a foot soldier in their army, carrying out their orders for evil.

What the fuck should I do? Also, willing to answer questions relating to the field.

How do I get into that shit?

Graduated private uni with famous biz program in Chicago. Worked audit at one of the big banks here for 1.5. What do next?

benis

IB is the entry-level job lol. People don't talk about getting into IB, they talk about their exit plan to the real jobs.

Do you want to get into funding politics?

Stick with it and try to get to the BIS.
Send us a postcard from basel

what's up. i've worked with IB but not for IB. are you in capital markets or M/A. i've heard some areas suck harder than others (but don't pay as well). i've heard TMT is the worst but wouldn't know.

what are some long term stock market predictions you can offer?

maybe somewhere along the line you can accidentally delete some guys billions of dollars

You’re not the same asswipe pedo Wall Street investment banker from 2-3 years ago who used to post here?

up or out.
sounds like you'll be the latter. it's not for everybody. you'll be a toaster salesman.

Is a degree in finance the best stepping stone to that job? Seriously, i want to have a career in corporate finance but have only done 1, year of school.

Ditch your job and never return. Move to a rural area that's next to a city and airport.

Take up manual labor or a job that lets you work in the outdoors. You probably have savings and can afford living like that.

looks like OP bailed.
to get into a big firm: tier 1 school, highest possible grades, internships ASAP, graduate, work private client group, get MBA asap, get JD asap.
to make it worth your while you need to join the JD/MBA mafia. then you'll be a kang. otherwise you'll just be an overpaid glorified clerk.

I'm a Magic Circle lawyer and this is exactly how I feel. I just want to fuck off back to the suburbs and enjoy the grass under my feet instead of this double life of working for globalist scum by day and shitposting on Sup Forums by night.

>Magic Circle lawyer
that's fucking awesome though

>that's fucking awesome though

No it isn't. I work 70 hour weeks half the time, and when a big contract comes up its more like 90. I never asked for this.

you can always hang out a shingle. or do like my buddy, he quit biglaw and went to seminary and he's much happier.

>you can always hang out a shingle

Going it alone as a sole practicioner in this country is nigh impossible now due to the ridiculous Law Society regulatory requirements and over the top bullshit professional indemnity insurance demands. The current trend now is for sole practicioners to merger their operations together under one roof. There's no escape.

>he quit biglaw and went to seminary and he's much happier.

I think i'll just save up some cash doing this, wait for the crash to happen (give it five years) and then buy a rural house, get a dog and fuck around until I die dabbling with online work. I don't know. I'm dead inside already.

>Magic Circle lawyer
What it Magic Circle?

>Kind of like this guy?

Pretty much, yeah.

well the world needs smart guys with a moral compass (i.e. not just in it for the money).
i hope you make it.