Little Witch Academia

Buy DVDs/BDs and watch the show on netflix and maybe we'll get a season 2.
If you don't, the upcoming OVA will probably be the last thing you'll see about this show.
You decide.

>Assuming we want more of this show

Is there a way to check if this series will be in my country's netflix? haven't used the service before

I'm buying merch

>the upcoming OVA will probably be the last thing you'll see about this show.

Good. It was boring.

merch doesn't really do much, since people who don't watch shows can buy merch for the sake of cuteness or something. DVDs/BDs/Netflix are the prime indicators.

And i think it'll be on worldwide after tomorrow, since Netflix has the exclusive rights to it there shouldn't be a region-lock like with other stuff.

It'll be up tonight on Netflix, right? my little brother wants to watch it, and I sure as hell will rewatch it again, even if it's just the first 12 for now. Also,
>upcoming OVA
When was this announced? I completely missed it.

>didn't like the show
>be here
Just ignore it and go watch whatever seasonal crap you're watching.

hey i heard kyoanus has a new anime you might like
also there's a bunch of loli animes out there right now

If i remember correclty was announced right after the final episode aired on some live event.

I wonder how shit the dub will be.

watch the dub of the ovas.
it sucks miles.

Never said I didn't like it, just surprised the op assumed Sup Forums likes this show it's been getting shit on for a while

I dont understand why anyone would watch it dub, no doki doki, no waku waku, wakaranai

Akko smart?

Shitposters are a minority
Sup Forums voted LWA for anime of the season if I remember correctly. Harsh criticism comes from anons who enjoyed it and wished it would've been even better.

I'll take a last OVA over another disappointing season.

i (OP) have been on these threads since the start, and despite all the shit it gets i think most people like it

This isn't some crappy light novel adaptation so it's most likely going to fail miserably on sales.
but hey, at least we get another OVA

Will the new OVA come out with the last BD or is it still unknown?

I just want more little witches dammit

Steam when ?

>but hey, at least we get another OVA
wait, what?

When Bamco wills it.

>the upcoming OVA
whaaaat

Another OVA was announced the same day the last episode aired in some live event.

They did not, it was Kemono Friends.

As much as I want another season, it's probably better to have too few witches than too many.

-Another attempt at making a 2 cour show with a combination of SoL and drama;
-13 episode second season with very little Diana and focused mostly on episodic antics with an episode 13-like climax at the end and then a more serious and dramatic Diana-focused 60~ minute movie.
-A series of 25-minute 7 OVAs each with a different focus character (Akko, Diana, Lotte, Sucy, Chariot, Amanda and Constance)

Pick one.

Probably a stand alone ova.

>-A series of 25-minute 7 OVAs each with a different focus character (Akko, Diana, Lotte, Sucy, Chariot, Amanda and Constance)
This one

I'm just glad this flopped harder than Flop Dragon

Its obvious that will come with the last volume or well included in the ps4 game

First one, but let's get rid of "drama" and let's put in some "romance" (DOESN'T MEAN DIAKKO, ANKKO OR SOME SHIP SHIT, I JUST WANT A MAGICAL ROMANCE)

I want a fucking 1 to 2 hour movie.
Fuck those options.

Guess the OVA one doesn't sound that bad.

>-Another attempt at making a 2 cour show with a combination of SoL and drama;
This. Throw SoL out though, go full drama.

Second if the Diana movie was 90 minutes long.

>-Another attempt at making a 2 cour show with a combination of SoL and drama;
I want this
>-13 episode second season with very little Diana and focused mostly on episodic antics with an episode 13-like climax at the end and then a more serious and dramatic Diana-focused 60~ minute movie.
Nah
>-A series of 25-minute 7 OVAs each with a different focus character (Akko, Diana, Lotte, Sucy, Chariot, Amanda and Constance)
>Wanting to wait like 4 years for the complete experience
Lol much less
>flopped
>when it was backed by Netflix
KyoAni are retards when it comes to adaptions btw, despite Maid Dragon having great potential for merchandise they ignore it

The best thing about trigger is their orginality.
Just let it go and prepare for next great show.

Netflix is currently loving movies or movie-like productions. I could see the next LWA project being a movie.

I'm not so sure about that, the first week of the 3rd volume was almost 3000 copies and was #9 on anime sales.

It sold 3k combined with DVDs. But I think MaiDragon sold the exact same.

>Akko... you did this to me, now you have to take responsibility...

Netflix was a third party buying the rights for the west, they do not have a say in LWA production at all, they're not part of the committee.

But thats when it comes to live action series, for LWA take for comparison Knighs of Sidonia and Blame

The PS4 game says it comes with a drama CD and a BD so that's very likely.

I feel like the whole missile firing ordeal has the potential for some type of Superhero Registration type stuff where the plot can revolve around the government trying to regulate magic. That could be the Croix arc for the second season with episodic parts otherwise.

When is Chariot teaching Akko the ways of the Jedi?

>season 2

Eh, no thanks.

The show was good, but let's be real here, they struggled to come up with a solid 24 episode season.

>Netflix was a third party buying the rights for the wes
Yet they have the streaming rights in Japan too, dont be a retard user Netflix is part of that committee, just check Tattun posts

Well the DVDs are only 250 of that so yeah, lots of BDs

Little Witch Academia: Civil War

Maidragon Vol3 sold a bit more first week than LWA Vol3. Like 200 more discs or so. They're both doing around the same sales wise but Maidragon is more popular overall in the west and China.

yeah, but to think that LWA has almost the same sales as Maidragon (Wich, let's be honests here, is way more popular) it's kind of a good sign.

People want to see more of the characters
I think KLK is done for but you won't see me complaining if it gains another season because the cast is fun

i'm okay with the first one as long as it drops focus of akko and diana, even as a dianafag, because i need the other characters to get some limelight, it's really kinda unfair that they get inconsequential storylines just to make them feel better

then again, a lot of people still cite 18 as their favorite episode, but in the grand scheme of things, that kind of episode would have worked better not inside the boundaries of an overarching story, same with sucy's

even as i say that, the 2nd option is tempting because of the diana movie

and i say no to the third option because of still nothing for h&b or purple team

>but Maidragon is more popular overall in the west and China.
>more popular overall in the west
Not everyone in the west liked the generic lesbian harem user

Netflix Japan's CEO is one of the producers, all the way to the final episode.

You can't judge LWA popularity in the West since it wasn't a Crunchysimulcast.

>generic lesbian harem

You clearly didn't watch the show, user.

I don't mind giving focus to other characters, but after episode 25 climax, Akko and Diana still have the most potential in terms of a "main story". If Yoshi wants the TV show to be lighter the second option is the best.

>I feel like the whole missile firing ordeal has the potential for some type of Superhero
You lost me, maybe if you weren't such a gigantic faggot you'd get more (You)s

>won't say hitchhike in kawaii voice

He means that the government realizing the witches't potential power actually implies two things: a) witches still have a place in the modern world BUT ALSO b) witches are dangerous.

Just imagine how many governments would be both salivating at the witches' potential power but also be scared of what they can do.

Way, way more people torrent or stream than use Crunchyroll. And Maidragon has higher statistics than LWA in both Torrent trackers and popular streaming sites, Maidragon has over 5 million views in Kissanime, and it was a 1 cour show, LWA has 2.7 million.

Especially no YAY!

It was a mix of cliches thrown together and spiced with pandering for all the tastes.
The cute moments got overshadowed and the ending didn't have the emotional impact they were going for.

Does anyone have a plausible explanation for the emergence of disbelief in magic?

That's the last thing Trigger would ever want to go for, it's completely unoriginal

i'm going to want to agree with you because of my diana bias, but i think they're done short of doing something that would make diana emote in the strongest way she can for akko, and had akko actually died in the fall, that probably would have happened considering she was about to start

Oh, i don't deny that. But i wouldn't say it's generic, purely because of the relationship between Kobayashi and Toru. Yeah the ending was rushed but the ride was fun. The best "generic" anime i've seen in quite some time.

A 2cour with mostly character arcs and interactions building on the first season, no serious plot but maybe a few overarching plot elements like Croix working on the Wagandea curse or Elizabeth becoming the villain. Maybe some more fun OVAs over the years if Trigger still feels like coming back.

Dumb Sakura poster

Should i? Its obvious that is just as generic as the rest of Coolkyoushinja works
KyoAni did help to upgrade the design of characters

Maidragon has the mass appeal ordeal. LWA doesn't. Plus, lots of people are waiting for it to be up on netflix, believe it or not.

>buy anime

wew it really is summer

Probably witch tradition not letting them do anything useful for politicians or the government. Even Diana's family had to set up their clinic in secret. I bet there were times in which witches were asked to use their powers to help armies in war and they "refused to get involved". And in terms of medical magic, they might have been unable to heal stuff like cancer.

>Netflix funds a new season of LWA
>Is animated in full 3DCGI in the same vein of Ajin/Knights of Sidonia

Non-magic technology was almost to the point of making magic obsolete until Croix did her fuel spirit experiments.

>judging and not watching

You're the worst kind of watcher. Missing ot on a show just because of genre/looks it's simply ridiculous. You're probably the kind of person who sees that something is "cute" and automatically says moeshit or something.

>Maidragon has the mass appeal ordeal
What do you mean by this? The manga was mostly unknown before the anime. If anything LWA had the mass appeal since it is an older franchise with two successful kickstarters, more people knew about LWA than Maidragon.

yeah... no, trigger would never in a million years do that.

I also mean that the general experience of awakening the Great Triskelion and the fact that they were seen by the entire world and probably became pseudo-celebrities (there is no way people on the internet didn't figure out who they were; Diana herself was already well-known in the magical world and the magic minister should remember Akko's face) is something that should affect their characters dramatically.

>maybe we'll get a season 2.
This what it's come to with trigger fans, settling for more mediocre shows instead of wanting interesting new original stuff

We're definitely getting new original stuff announced in exactly 3 days.

Guys I missed the whole finale because I was forced to not be a NEET that day

Does anyone have a screencap of Sup Forums from last Sunday?

>implying Triggerfags are the only ones

Now that would a correct assumption.

The witch families were kind of jerks to normal humans when they were the only ones able to solve certain things, and made sure to keep the magical powers to themselves (Luna Nova not accepting muggles) so people already distrusted and resented them, when magic started waning and technology and science advanced, normal humans were finally able to say "fuck you!" to all of them and just do things their own way.

well when someone just produces shit, you tend to just expect more shit.

Most people nowdays don't read manga. I watched the trailer for kobayashi and it looked cute, kinda interesting and with a quite interesting concept.

Yet i don't think the LWA trailer did a good job on selling the series' magic.

That's one factor, of course. Then we have the fact that Kobayashi has quite some fanservice and a much more "polished" look (not really, but for unexperienced watchers it might look like it).

I think kobayashi is just more appealing on first sight.

What do you mean, the threads? or the screenshot of Sup Forums in the anime?

Its not like we are asking for a new season of Kill la Kill or Kiznaiver

The threads, I already have the screenshot of Sup Forums in the episode

Halloween OVA yay or nay?

No you moron. KLK, for example, had a nice ending with not much room for further stories since everything was obviously settled.

But LWA has lots of potential for future stories, it doesn't even have to be an Akko/Current Luna Nova story, it can be something completely different in the same world.

You people should get a little more perspective for your day to day life.

Try the archive doofus

Halloween or Christmas

Oh. It wasn't all over the board if that's what you're expecting, this isn't KLK. We endless generals now
Check the archive for threads titled Little Witch Academia

I think they probably have more world building than they revealing in the show itself. There are implications to witch isolationism, like how Diana's family had to made their clinics secret because they were criticized for doing so, but they weren't developed particularly much. And there is stuff in the Witchpedia that definitely didn't come up in the show, like how witches are forbidden to get involved in warfare.