Why can't more people appreciate dubbed anime?

Why can't more people appreciate dubbed anime?

because people don't generally appreciate bad things

Because most are dogshit and the vast majorities of the ones that aren't are still inferior to the talent and direction of the native cast.

Because there are like 3 good dubs overall. Do you want to discuss those?

Mostly elitists that think subs are the "true expeirance"

Simple: it's shit.

Actually yeah, what are some good dubs?

Golden Boy remaster when

Boku no Pico
Pico & Chico
Pico x Coco x Chico

Those scare quotes seem to imply that the Japanese dub somehow isn't more true to the original creators' vision than any alternatives.

>>trying to convince sub purists
i know, it's impossible. what really kills me is how shitty some subs and even the original VA is. For example, Stien's;Gate simply doesn't translate into English, it's half Japanese meme speak. So these purists watch subs of a show (stien's;gate for example) which has dialogue which simply can't be translated coherently into English. So they're already watching something that's been localized (yep, the purists hate localization as well for some reason, as if half of the shit said in most anime could translate word for word into English anyway)

I'm using stien's;gate for my example for one big reason. The English dub got a god tier cast, and a MASSIVE rewriting to make it coherent to an English audience. It is a fucking masterpiece on the level of the Japanese version. It's different enough it's worth a watch. Personally i found the English dub version was just as well voice acted and better done overall then the Japanese version, and if you relied on the subs for the Japanese version there was ZERO reason to not think the dub version wasn't superior. (yes, i know the VA for Okabe had a different take on the character, going for more of a snob angle, but i think it worked better with the rework of the script, then it would have been had they gone for a more "zanny" character like the Japanese VA went with, personally i think it made Okabe a lot better).

Of course the sub nazis will never admit any of this. Of course i don't need to listen to them because i am fluent in japanese, so i know how bad 95% of subs are (the subs for stein's;gate were tragic). Heck, bakemonogatari didn't even get a good, coherent sub until 6 or 8 months after the show finished airing, when one of the groups subbed the blueray. And anyone who's remotely objective would admit the English cast for FMA was better then the Japanese cast.

Hellsing Ultimate
Jojo Part 2
Boku No Hero Academia (Especially All Might)

Request threads, not request posts.

most people i've found that watch shows dubbed only don't actually take the time to sit down and watch a show, they put it on and then dick around on their phone or do something else. watching a subbed show actually makes you take 20 minutes out of your day and actually watch it, and some people just don't consume visual media that way.

>Why can't more people appreciate dubbed anime?
Because it sounds terrible.

The dub for Lupin III Part II was fantastic for that very reason.

WILL YOU FUCKING STOP SPELLING IT STIEN HOLY SHIT

baccano

panty and stocking

>Jojo Part 2
You were on a roll until you mentioned this. Most of the characters sound way better subbed.

Because the people that like them tend to be obnoxious fucks. Take for example the Ghost Stories fags who constantly make threads that consist of nothing but spamming quotes from their shitty ironic jokedub in all-caps while bumping the thread for days instead of letting it die naturally, then making more threads to continue the circlejerk. And then getting inexplicably defensive when they're told to stop acting like faggots. For all the talk of seiyuufags being autistic, there's a segment of dubfags who are equally as autistic and bizarrely adamant about defending dubs.

Funimation's Initial D - the one that has the Eurobeat, not the other one.

FMAB

Cromartie

It's a matter of quality. There are far more professional voice actors for anime in the natural language it's written; Japanese. Comparatively most of the English speaking voice actors did not have specific training for voice acting; only traditional acting. It's not a very popular or lucrative profession unless you are an already established traditional actor. As a result talent has a harder time gaining notoriety or staying in the specific business because the amount of work is less reliable.

If English speaking voice actors had the infrastructure and support Japanese seiyuu's have then English dubs would have similar quality levels. But we're not there yet. Not for every adaptation.

Dubfags all always some entry level shounen shitters who can't handle Japanese.

Most people watch dubbed anime. SEA-fags watch anime dubbed in their shitty languages. Spics watch anime in their spic-language. Amerigringos watch anime in their gringo-language. Yuropoors watch anime in their incomprehensible yuro-dialects.

So what? Nobody cares.

>Not watching anime without subs or dubs.
Sometimes I forget how weak Sup Forums's powerlevel truly is.

Only brainlets watch dubs.