Is this the new greatest love story ever told?

Is this the new greatest love story ever told?

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139
google.com
youtu.be/yTwYwoENH9A?t=22m25s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

Wasn't even as good as 5 wallpapers per second

Ahem.
>A boy falls in love with a girl.
>Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. >Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
>But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. >She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
>Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

No.

Its not even half as romantic as Toradora was.

Yes.

nope.
Koe no Katachi is the best love story ever told.

Toradora wasn't even a good love story. It was average at best.

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

FINDS

>TIL that Keit-Ai is based on Toradora but with twice the Ryuuji and Taiga
>it's twice the greatest love story ever told

Really makes me think.

And it just keeps finding more and more ways.

>tfw bought the artbook

>starts off with great premise that would let them learn about each other's issues and interests and slowly fall in love
>instead they fall in love after a montage and now we get hurr durr save the girl plotline

Missed potential. I like the film but it's not even Shinkai's best.

Please scan it.

>starts off with great premise that would let them learn about each other's issues and interests and slowly fall in love

I would have liked that too, but in a movie format it wouldn't work without cutting so much shit. Maybe if it was a TV series.

Shinkai is a hack!

Is this the greatest Sup Forums meme ever made?

Isn't that already scanned, considering how popular KnNW is?

I finished this recently. Someone explain this Keitai meme to me?

There's sites for explaining memes, you know?

Every time you see someone using a cell phone you have to start saying
>A boy falls in love with a girl...
or shout
>FINDS
That's it. That's the meme. Now you too can shitpost.

Threadly reminder that research is already a thing.

google.com

what does Sup Forums think of Shinkai in full. I mean, not only from his movies. his movies are generally sappy but his novels manga adaptations are pretty good especially for previous works where budget limited his runtime. why does he always resort to same approach to gauge emotional reaction when he's clearly good enough to explore love in a mature way?

overrated shit

orange and tsuki ga kirei did it better

Already surpassed by Tsuki ga Kirei

No it's a piece of shit.
Also when will decent raws come out so I can watch it

BD coming out this month. Finally.

>Orange

youtu.be/yTwYwoENH9A?t=22m25s

not even close

Buy it yourself and support this film please

Does it need supporting? I'm sure the BDs will sell like hotcakes.

Those the Japanese BDs? Are the English translations and dub BD the ones coming out October?

Remember when Japanese animated films were epic and cool? It was more like this ... https: //www.youtube.com/watch? V = rQpbBwA0r14

someone didn't watch the movie

>tfw bought the artbook AND the light novel

>shitty fanmade bullshit
>already a thing
stop that

Yeah, until miyazaki makes his weed movie

>Wanting dubs

>tfw bought the limited edition BD
>don't even have a 4k tv yet.

>tfw bought the artbook with the director interview
>Can't even read Japanese
I guess I should finally learn so it won't be a waste of money.

Is the 2nd half really that bad? What was wrong with the 2nd half?

first half is upbeat 2nd half is typical tragic/sappy shinkai but the contrast is works in my opinion

I don't think it was that tragic/sappy besides the reveal that she was dead all along.

This sound malicious and very jewish

Is there more Mitsuha reaction or is this all her hairstyle in the movie?

>braided and tied up
>cut short
>long at the end

I want to drink Mitsuha's cute spit

H-how can spit be cute?

Mitsuha is not made for lewd

>Sup Forums hates Your Name now

>now
only redditors like this cash grab abomination of a movie

>TIL
leddit is that way faggot

I don't hate it. Only because I'm a sucker for beautiful backgrounds and art.

only because its popular

FINDS

I-I never got to see it dubbed. I just wanted to once.

no bully pls ;_;

At least we get an actual sequence instead of a music video. The last part really threw 5 centimeters off balance.

>original work
>not a sequel
>success totally surprised the author
how is it a cash grab
being financially big doesn't make it a cash grab, cash grabs are about intents, not results

It feels like an eternity, waiting for the BD.

I wonder what made this so successful?

Was it Mitsuha's tits?

Tsuki ga kirei is the best love story ever told.

music + quality animation is what stands out from other releases. maybe keit-ai does have a large fanbase

Art wise
Garden of Words > KnNW > 5Cm

Music
KnNW > Garden of Words >>>>>>> 5Cm

I think you're confusing animation and art here. I havent watched GoW since release but it's definitely not as fluid. not to mention GoW is short and wayyy to sappy. teacher + student doesnt rake as much money from teens too.

you're being too harsh on 5 centimeters as well. it has better story than GoW both if you just compare the anime but even more if you consider LN + manga

Did you pre-order the Japanese BD?

Story Wise
5cm > Garden of Words >>>>>>>>> Knnw

Also, 5cm has way better music than garden.

I don't know about better story, but 5cm definitely had the better "message" so to speak.

But I personally hated 5cm OST.

What was the story of GoW again?

you definitely should read the manga with attention to detail at least. akari is fleshed out very well, and visual cues are beautifully placed. there's so much more I can say but that would be spoiling the first experience.

precocious teen wants to bang a teacher who is being wrongfully slutshamed.

>music video
They literally jumped into a song after MC and FMC realized their body swapped. It's a great opportunity to further stretch the idea but instead they decided to fuck up the pacing and play some wallpaper powerpoint files. The song's not even a good one

Tenmon still composed for 5cm, no way its inferior

foot fetishist wanting to bang his hot teacher

agreed but it's not as bad for 5cm. in 5 cm he actually expects you to fill in the gaps retrospectively, not to mention some of the wallpapers are pretentious. their version of one more time one more chance is good, I just hated how cheaply he tried to force an emotional response (which he still does but not as bad)

Art is fantastic, animation is decent, plot's not all that appealing but it's passable.
It's a shame that the pacing sucks 30,000 magatons of dicks.

I should, I heard the manga had slightly better ending.

>not legally selling counterfeit dvds of it... in Singapore

Is "typing with dick" considered Hardcore or Ascended or both?

>sexual reference
When?

cuck

No, it's probably the best social commentary about contemporary Japan in anime though.

There was one more: ponytail

"huh....HUH....OPPAI?!"

It's not even the greatest love story of the last twelve months.

How is this even a love story? They are connected through some stupid unexplained magic thingamajig because plot, but they don't even meet each other till the end.

Please make your bait more plausible next time, user.

>will never update in your lifetime