The first Moeshit anime

Is there something that could be said to be the first moeblob anime? Considering it'd become such a huge part of the industry, knowing the history is important.
My friend has a theory that the genre originally branched off of Mahou Shoujo.

>moeshit
Fuck off.

The very first moe character appears to be Hotaru Tomoe from Sailor Moon

moe is not a genre

You're right, but it's easier to say then "slice of life focusing on cute girls doing cute things"

Don't shitpost with Sakura you fucking faggot.

Since moeshit and moeblobs don't exist it follows that there can be no first moeshit or moeblob anime.

>moe used to not be a genre

Ftfy

It still isn't one.

Holy shit so much autism itt

Mahou Tsukai Sally?

Back to >>>/v

gonna clear up some misconceptions

"moe" is a feeling and an adjective for characters that bring about the feeling. a sense of warmth and heartmelting euphoria derived from a character behaving in a cute or endearing way, bringing about instincts of affection and a desire to protect the character.

"moeshit" is a synonym for "CGDCT" when used properly. it's as much of a genre as CGDCT is because they mean the same thing.

sakura is extremely moe but CCS isn't CGDCT so it wouldn't really make sense to use the term "moeshit" to describe it. just a moe character in a mahou shoujo series.

people usually refer to the first CGDCT series as azumanga daioh, but kokoro toshokan fits the parameters perfectly and there are arguments for older series. that's your source of "moeshit".

Moe doesn't mean a specific feeling. It doesn't have to have anything to do with wanting to protect a character.

CGDCT is not a genre.

Moe is not a character type.

This word has almost zero utility. If everyone suddenly forgot about it we would not lose anything of value.

not according to japanese otaku, who use it extensively in specifically the context that I described.

It's nonsensical usage. There is no reason why having romantic feelings towards characters has to be reduced to only wanting to protect them, which is an insufferable cliche by now.

the way I have defined it is literally how the japanese use it. you demonstrate you lack reading comprehension, though, since you think I defined it as nothing but a feeling of wanting to protect a character. dunno why I'm autism wrangling without getting paid.

And there it is: autism. Someone doesn't agree with you, so of course they have autism.

You have lost the argument.

not really. you ignored my argument in favor of the insult I tacked on to it.

It's like I'm back in 2012

since I'm already doing retard daycare I'll break it down for you.

my definition of moe:
>"a sense of warmth and heartmelting euphoria derived from a character behaving in a cute or endearing way, bringing about instincts of affection and a desire to protect the character."

your straw man/poor interpretation of my claim:
>"having romantic feelings towards characters reduced to only wanting to protect them"

it was pointed out that you didn't read or present the definition properly. insults on the side are irrelevant. you now prefer to talk about irrelevant things such as autism instead of the definition of moe because you fucked up.

can you explain how using quotations the way I have or are you just crying?

What is this thread?

autism

>Moeshit

You have (not) lost the argument