Go work in a library

>Go work in a library
>See female librarians sitting on their asses all day doing nothing
>Go to work at a bank
>See female "bankers" sitting on their ass all day doing nothing
>Go to Office headquarters
>See female female HR sitting on their ass all day doing nothing

Holy fucken shit easy mode is not a meme, it's real.

Meanwhile I'm working myself to the bone for the same pay and almost 50% more hours total.

Female privilege must end.

that's how shit works get used to it kid

look up how much librarians make lol

They could be using that arse to fuck Tyrone dick while you bust your arse on a 9 to 5 to pay for the abortions your wife keeps having despite you always wearing a condom

I'm a janitor at a school and my direct superior is a black female. building quality has taken a dive since she got into the position but no one will call her on it. I'm just laughing because 4 years ago a different principal(white female) gave a mexican(male) in the same position so much shit because he didn't want to mow once a week and thought the yard looked fine.

the principal(female at the time) would call out a supervisor on him nearly every single day. Latest cuck principal does passive aggressive shit like pick up a piece of paper on the ground infront of her or pretend he is slipping on ice/wet floor with no salt/wetfloor signs out.

>Latest cuck principal does passive aggressive shit like pick up a piece of paper on the ground infront of her or pretend he is slipping on ice/wet floor with no salt/wetfloor signs out.

You can't fucken make this shit up!

librarians have degrees

bank tellers are not bankers

doubt you watched the hr lady or any of these women for more than 15 minutes.

>janitor
>complains about "building quality"

SAGE

She's cute I don't mind if she slacks off I hope she talks to me

WHAT THE FUCK

Oh sweetie...

Wait for the stories to come rolling in, we're just getting started.

I've worked with plenty of lazy women, and I have my own stories, but I have just as many about men, so it's not a gender thing, friendo

you're a fucking idiot if you think the people in charge carry no weight. she's not properly cleaning her areas, do you expect me to clean her areas?

Pic very related.

>librarians have degrees
For what? Putting shit on a shelf

Did I blow you're mind?

THE DEWEY DECIMAL SYSTEM!

Also, it's really hard paying programmers to maintain the database.

Guess what.

I'm a librarian.

I make about $36 an hour to "sit on my ass."

Feels good.

it is a gender thing that the only people doing work in any given institution are almost exclusively men. Yes most people are useless (both men and women) but the few useful people are almost always men.

Well shit, if you don't even know what a librarian even does you can't really speak on that particular topic.

Librarians are basically free teachers for anyone.

Jesus christ....life really is unfair...

Women do the jobs where one merely needs to be "present", like the librarian or HR positions.
Men do the jobs that actually require them to do something and use their skills.

Note how HR will immediately call a man over once they need a lightbulb replaced.

I'm a man btw

Dat ass

Laziness isn't a gender thing, but yeah, usefulness absolutely can be.

>Librarians are basically free teachers for anyone.

I've only been working for 2 1/2 years. In year 3 i get another raise.

And...a raise the next...etc. until it caps out.

nah u rite dey jus sit on dey ass n get dey gibbs

how kiked is it and how much say do librarians get over which books are on the shelves?

How did you get the job? What do you do? Im in uni for english lit, would that benefit me at all in an interview?

Yes.

Kys

That's why we pay females less dickweed. That will never change either.

To be a librarian you just have to have a low level education and be available part time for a varied schedule. It's basically the same qualifications as McDonald's unless you're talking about some high-end very nice very seriously taken library or something in which case things are different.

That has nothing to do with "building quality" you retarded cucknugget.
"building quality" is a construction term, explaining how well something is built.

That a chair cunt
[spoilers]I thought the same thing[/spoilers]

Fuck OP, this now a "How to become a librarian thread"

Tell me exactly what I need to do in your own words, I don't trust shit I read on the internet, I only trust my fellow Sup Forumsacks.

Yes, if you need a lesson in "how to get eyes rolled at you by the chick who you made get off facebook when the book scanner thingie won't pick up the book you want to check out." They're great teachers for that.

Outreach to school
Outreach to parents
Book purchasing
Getting rid of books
Dealing with reference questions
Dealing with the public including people jerking off in the computer station, gang members lurking about, crazy old people, homeless doing drugs, drinking alcohol, hitting people and staff etc etc etc
Hosting programs for children to encourage reading after school and during the summer.
Homework assistants....programs for adults, teens, etc etc

Pic very related.
Why do you leaves keep posting?

>high-end very nice very seriously taken library or something in which case things are different.
Like university/court/congress libraries I suppose?

In my state you need a Masters in Library and Information Science.

English Lit degree is a great BA to have

Actually that would refer to structual quality.

Librarians making 72k a year are a minority. The poster might be a special librarian, which is a corporate librarian. They might be a medical librarian, which is someone who works at a library associated with a medical school. Other wise they are an academic librarian working a college or university library. Each of those positions requires a masters in Library Science.

Public and school librarians are usually required to also have a masters, but get paid much less.

I was working at a farm this year. The farm director told me I’d be part of the winter staff. He got fired before he could do the layoffs for the season. The dumb cunt that got moved to the office was supposed to be laid off due to fucking up a couple timecards, calling out 15 days, taking it upon her to improperly train employees on tasks she did not know how to do, and an inability to properly follow directions.
This dumb cunt tried to have the layoff conversation with me despite never being in charge of any personal.
My last check gets mailed to the wrong address because she transcribed it wrong. Tell her to fix that before w2s. She doesn’t. Get 2 copies of w2 because it got returned. No apologies. She tries to play it off like I changed my address. CC the owner when I state that I have only given one address to the company. No acknowledgement of her fuck up.
I really hope that place fires that clueless cunt.

It's fine for me leaf.

These are all very specific things that wouldn't be what a general random librarian would be doing, maybe the head of the library itself and some chosen few from the staff - but every librarian is not going around dealing with homeless guys shooting up then tutoring 30 children and going to schools. Most are there part time doing nothing and typically are high school or college students.

Thanks for answering so thoroughly. At my high school it seemed like the librarian was just a glorified study hall watch woman. Don't even know if I met a librarian at college or just assistants or wte

>women complain about work

Please don't say its california.

Yes. I can get really busy at times and some supervisors or staff members can be hard to deal with but luckily I got chill coworkers. But i do have down time too and no one cares if i sit on my ass sometimes as long as I get shit done. More men should be librarians. It's a cool gig.

Hard work is a cucked meme. Working smart is ten trillion times more important in the modern world.

I don't mean office jobs require you to be smart but even working in HR gets you more money with less effort than trades.

pol can't realise this because it is filled with lower class people

>These are all very specific things that wouldn't be what a general random librarian would be doing
Fuck me. You have no clue do you? Just LARPing on a saturday night. Everything in that list is what a service librarian does. What are you basing your lunacy on?

What made you decide to become a librarian? How did you get the gig? Did you have to earn a degree for it?

She probably isn't a real librarian. They'll call them library aid.

It is a gender thing. Shut the fuck up roastie

Oh wow, how challenging, librarians are real heroes for being able to accomplish such Herculean tasks!

None of these tasks required a degree.

I taught school for a bit...but got my BA and credential when the economy collapsed. I ended up doing subbing a lot with a few long term gigs. I decided I needed to get out of teaching since i hated it and remembered how much I have benefited from libraries and how I can bring my knowledge of education to librarianship. It works out since many things i learned about child development, teens, and so forth assisted me in getting this position.

Better have them do nothing then screw things up.

See this world around you? Yea -- man built that

Right, tutoring really requires a degree - totally not just "I kinda know math, I do good on my exams!" from a 19 year old in their first year of college. Absolutely not. Only special librarians with their librarian degree and librarian masters can do that.

None of the things listed were things that have any need for a DEGREE (the post I was responding to was a response to someone asking why you'd need a degree). The rest of what I was saying was mostly about anything that might require some level of knowledge which still doesn't require a degree, but you will not have a random librarian 16-20 year old making business deals with college and high school campuses, so your'e still wrong there too.

All jobs suck.
Smart=entrepreneur

I make more than my brother. 4 years of uni and is a teacher. He's $45-50k in debt with $45000 (approx.) salary. Me? $0 debt. Money in the bank. Learning a skill that will allow me to be self employed in a few years. I go home and don't have "homework" other than what I want and need to do for chores, errands, and hobbies. I spend my days outside moving. I am around men that aren't faggots. I don't have to worry about workplace politics other than work hard and focus on the task at hand. Corporate jobs do. Seems to me like you're a cuck.

You make 72 k a year as a para-prof? Not buying it.

Cool thanks, I know it's a great prerequisite for law school, if not to become a full lawyer than to just work as a majestrate or clerk

Hahaha I'm just saying we are not always sitting on our asses. There are things to do like helping people in our community. Unfortunately bad/annoying stuff can helping and we have to deal with it.

>See female librarians sitting on their asses all day doing nothing

this is a major sticking point with me because i am actually subsidizing their very existence. public servants are nothing more than glorified welfare leeches. remember that next time you are at DMV

I'd bet a million dollars you're right

>6 years to be a fucking librarian
I fucking hate this world.

This is why you work in a union shop if you're uneducated. Office personal gets $14 an hour with no OT. The men doing the work get 20+ with automatic OT after a certain amount of hours.

They have law librarians.

Leave them where they are.

Do you really want women running nuclear power stations, captaining ocean liners or building skyscrapers?

I have never run across a librarian that was in it for the money.

Schools used to have real librarians but cut those jobs. There are many of those positions left.

You still are not addressing the fact that there is no way you are making 72k a year.

University librarians can make 100k.

I can also make 100k for being a supervisor at my library.

You want me to really piss you off? I dont pay anything for healthcare except dental.

Clerks are not librarians, professional librarians usually have a master's degree

We have that in common lol

>be me
>work as a night shift trader
>get paid twice the minimum wage to play dota all night
I literally just finish whatever work I'm given in 4 hours at most, 1 hour at least, and then I have all night for myself.

You stated that you make 36hour. That is 72k a year. That is what is under debate here. Do you personnally make that much as a paraprofessional?

You stated that you have a BA, but not an MALIS (Masters of Arts in Library and Information Science). Without the masters you are not in a tenure track position at a college, and you are not adorned with librarian in your postition description at a public library. That being the case you are not making 72k a year.

How do I know? I have a MALIS and am a retired University Librarian. Stop misrepresenting yourself and my profession.

straighten yourself out then, kek boy

There are no 16-20year old librarians.

I noticed and thought the same thing on multiple occasions. I work in the oil and gas sector in Canuckistan. A few years back I get injured and they pay me to work in the office while I recuperated. Full of lazy fat bitches who sat playing solitair and facebook on their computers. I never actually saw anyof them do ant real work with their computers or bodies. It was surreal. They had the few beta male types there do everything for them.

You’re the one who will be crippled by back pain in 10 years, tough guy.

I have an MLIS

Trust me I am making that. my position caps at $43 an hour. For a supervisor it caps at $50. There are other positions as well.

That pic is literally my ex. Jesus Christ!

>be me, at the time young 20 year old, working since 14, know every power tool, lathe, drill press, ect ect
>assembling tin pieces for ducts with some chick on site.
>she starts cuntsplaining to me how to do it, despite me knowing how, and doing it faster+better. Main reason was "too fast, too rough, complains small "knicks" being made in the tin we are hammering together is going to make it not work, but keeps putting nicks in hers despite being slower. (probably just doesnt want to look bad with the new kid making three times as well as actually doing the grunt work to carry them up stairs)
>shes been there 3 months, first real job, literally cannot be trusted with power tools, still learning how to use power drill, but cannot hold it with one hand so cannot do ladder work... let alone the shit where you hang suspended and have to climb back out... literally gets all the ez mode work because cannot do anything else. She took the pay rate that was offered to her, in her own words "I didnt know I could ask for more!"

>I started a few weeks ago, working for almost 8 years at this point, over a decade of power tool use.. I asked for a dollar more an hour then they offered, due to this experience.

Of course... negotiating pay based on experience or work out put is sexist. So when she went to the female HR department it wasn't even an investigation, just immediate redressing and pee pee slapping of all the men in the team.

I got a talking too, my boss did too, we were told to listen the fuck up to the womyns basically... got the fuck out of there... diversity hires just made work so unpleasant... splitting up the grunt work where each guy gets his share is one thing... but having 8 guys do 10 mens work while some princess' gets light duty all the time for the same pay is depressing.

I'm happy to inform you that your sustained track record of outstanding professional achievement and educational excellence has let our 2018 EXCELLENCE COMMITTEE to select you as the leading candidate for my PERSONAL cocksucker and asskisser.

Congratulations and kindest regards!

>I have an MLIS
You did not disclose that earlier. Earlier you indicated that you got your position by first being a teacher then sliding into library land. Name School you graduated from and year.

University of Arizona, 1994 here.

Ucla 2012

Triggered much?

Can i get the unedited version of this? please and thank you

You know, I used to think this when I was a low level drone too. Then I actually got some responsibility and a sizable department budget. My female technicians might not be the hardest physical workers or even the best problem solvers, but holy fuck their documentation skills are top tier. Trying to get a male mechanical tech to redline a drawing or procedure is like pulling teeth. Females do that shit so beautifully it makes me want to cream my pants. Diversity in the workplace is a good thing, get used to it faggots.

Suck my dick you boring wagefagging moron, I can't stand the way you write like you have some kind of high societal standing.

Daddy Peterson?

They're not creative but they can do tedious work attentively.

One caveat though: you want MIDDLE AGED women for this, not 23 year old ditzy cunts with an inflated sense of their significance.

I buy whatever I want. They can suggest stuff doesn't mean I would buy it.

But i do try to get different types of books since i believe in freedom to choose what to check out and read.

Recently left a job I was very, very good at because upper management gave a decision making role to an utterly useless woman.
It's painfully obvious she was out of her depth and the entire department is falling apart.
Took her less than two weeks before she retreated to her office and hired someone else to do work she should be doing.

Guys, I'm really fucking down about this. I invested so much of myself into the job just to see it destroyed by a moron.

>Suck my dick you boring wagefagging moron
Care to dox yourself so I can make your suppresed desires come true?

PS, I am just over 50 and retired. I have no debt, and live in the country on 90 acres. Care to knee jerk react further? Can you straw man without ad hominem? I fart in your general direction....

>holy fuck their documentation skills are top tier
kek