Both of these are a lot worse than DBZ or Naruto yet are praised a lot more for being "different" and "improved...

Both of these are a lot worse than DBZ or Naruto yet are praised a lot more for being "different" and "improved," even though they use the same shonen tropes and storytelling but not nearly as well. e.g. OPM is supposedly a satire yet plays it straight when it comes to it's hero F I N A L L Y arriving.

>These shows are bad because I don't like them
Does that about sum it up?

Since DB and Naruto are over, people want a new series to follow. They flocked to the closest thing.

>or Naruto

Go back to Sup Forums and stay there.

>These shows aren't what I wanted them to be because they arent DBZ and Naruto, or just because I dont like the people who like them

I think this is more accurate

In other words, OP is just closeminded

dis right here

Thats something I always wondered aswell. OPM is supposed to be a battle shonen parody but, for 95% of its screentime, it lacks the parody bit. There arent enough jokes to justify the addition to the subgenre. Most of the social criticism is a joke and incredibly flat/dull. I mean, I am not saying that the show is bad but if OPM is a parody then the original dragonball might very well be too.

There is nothing wrong with OPM when you expect nothing more than a dumb, comedic shonen with memorable characters and nice animation. That's all it is and it does it pretty well.

>I don't like this show so I'll go tell all these people about it, who most certainly care about my opinion!

You have to go back

I explained my point, why are you get triggered so easily. Again because you can't read, what do they do better than dbz and naruto?

Why would I go to Sup Forums for not liking shonenshit?

DBZ had those things as well, it even had it's own King character.

>Bakugou gets abducted by villains, lures them into getting within reach, and tries to blow them uo
>Saskue joins the villains, tries to murder all his friends multiple times

>what do they do better than dbz and naruto?
bnha has better art than naruto, better comedy, better portrayal of friendship, cuter girls, and less retarded melodrama

on the other hand it has an even more cancerous main rivalry, a faggot mc and rival, a far less interesting world and infinitely shittier antagonists

so yeah it's overrated as fuck and not that much better

>Both of these are a lot worse than DBZ or Naruto
no

Sasuke was a subversion of the trope, it was shocking to see him leave when they've been building up their relationship throughout the show.

There was no point to Bakugou getting abducted simply wanted to be a hero from the start, why would he switch sides? It makes no sense. The author was trying to hint at something big was going to happen, but of course as usual he backs off and it goes back to the usual.

Agreed other than the humour, Kakashi and Bee was funnier than any character in BnHA.

>Sasuke was a subversion of the trope
It wasn't. Nothing about Sasuke's actions at that point made sense given what the story was building to and it just felt likes something Kishi did at the moment thinking it would add on to something later when all it did was drag down the quality of the manga and its characters as a result.
>There was no point to Bakugou getting abducted simply wanted to be a hero from the start, why would he switch sides? It makes no sense.
Hey Spee D. Reader, Shiggy just assumed Bakugou would join them based on how he carried on during the Sports Festival it was just to drive home that they didn't know shit about Bakugou because the very notion that you thought his intention was to set him up as a villain shows that you were as dumb as Shiggy.

>retarded melodrama

explain

>OPM is supposedly a satire
>OPM is supposed to be a battle shonen parody
I don't believe ONE has ever stated it was meant to parody shonen manga. At most, he said he noticed how a lot of battle manga revolve around growth, the main character becoming stronger after the end of each arc, so he went with the idea of someone who was already the strongest at the beginning.

>There was no point to Bakugou getting abducted simply wanted to be a hero from the start, why would he switch sides? It makes no sense. The author was trying to hint at something big was going to happen, but of course as usual he backs off and it goes back to the usual.
Bakugo was abducted to highlight that aspect about him. Plenty of people, both in-universe and out-of-universe would've pegged Bakugo as a villain in the making, without really understanding him.

And the fallout of the rescue arc and Bakugo getting captured fueled his character for his and Midoriya's fight after the license exam.

>The author was trying to hint at something big was going to happen, but of course as usual he backs off and it goes back to the usual.
Except for the fact that it did lead to something big, Bakugo's rescue resulted in All Might stepping in and fighting One for All. The end of the fight is that All Might now has no power, has been publicly exposed as losing all his power and no longer being a hero, and with One for All's capture Shigaraki is now pushed and motivated to develop the League of Villains on his own.

Defensive capetards spotted.
>Take shitty shonen formula
>add a layer of capeshit.
>watch capetards flip out "THIS IS AMAZING" even though the same shits been don,e much better in plenty of other shows before
>Profit???

These are the same people who praise GOTG. Shit that only retards can enjoy, they are about as low as you can go on the scale of intellect.

what the fuck did this nigger smoke

How did it not make no sense? Sasuke only wanted to gain power, and there was no one better to teach him.

Learn to read dipshit before you imply that someone couldn't get your shonen manga for retards. I said from the start it made no sense to me that Bakugou would join them, so the mangaka trying to play that aspect up to the readers seemed retarded to me, and when you consider how safe the manga's been playing it's even more ridiculous.

>Plenty of people

Only retards, there was no reason for Bakugou to join.

Bakugou fought Deku because he figured out where his power, which he already but didn't want to admit.

AM fighting OfA was going to happen at some point, it's something that you could see from the beginning. The mangaka simply decided to throw it in this part.

>Bakugou fought Deku because he figured out where his power came from, which he already knew but didn't want to admit.

>How did it not make no sense?
The previous arcs showed Sasuke learning the importance of friendship and teamwork was what led him get as far as he did for him to just dash it all away after everyone telling him otherwise makes no sense even if he did sought power.

> I said from the start it made no sense to me that Bakugou would join them
And he didn't join him so what the fuck are you talking about?
>so the mangaka trying to play that aspect up to the readers seemed retarded to me
Except he never did dumbfuck that was the error from Shiggy being a retard and you speedreading through his Origin chapter. Anyone who wasn't stupid could see the outcome coming a mile away but doesn't mean the characters in-universe have the same mentality.

>Bakugou fought Deku because he figured out where his power, which he already but didn't want to admit.
Bakugo's real reason to fight Deku is because of the issues that he got over All Might's run as a hero ending because he was kidnapped, and further exasperated by him failing the license exam. Without those events, especially what happened with All Might and Bakugo having reason to feel responsible, he wouldn't have been going through those same emotions.

>AM fighting OfA was going to happen at some point, it's something that you could see from the beginning. The mangaka simply decided to throw it in this part.
But because this was the point it happened, this gives purpose to this event. And the fallout has had effects on the arcs afterwards. It's led to 1-A now living in dorms, they specifically state how they're modifying the license exam in order to get more people to be eligible and capable of working together now that a major pillar is gone, and without his mentor around Shigaraki has been looking into other groups like Overhaul's Eight Precepts.

just by virtue of not having filler they are better

>I said from the start it made no sense to me that Bakugou would join them, so the mangaka trying to play that aspect up to the readers seemed retarded to me
...he never did. If you bothered to read the manga its already been established why Bakugou would never be a villain the page here was further proof that Shiggy's plan was never going to work because they didn't know shit about him. Do you just blame the author for not doing shit like you wanted to or are you truly retarded? Also Sasuke deflecting makes no sense on a narrative level, you can clearly see that Kishi rushed a lot of shit in the Retrieval arc hence why apparently Naruto is Sasuke's best friend now and Sasuke just forgot everything he learned throughout the course of the series up until that point because MUH POWAH was more important.

maybe for you it does

yes, OP is the close minded one

>infinitely shittier antagonists
nigger, have you even watched naruto? it has some of the best antagonists in the entire genre

>it has some of the best antagonists in the entire genre
you're right, great antagonists like:
-pain
-female pain
-robot pain
-fat pain
-that other pain
-and that one other pain

He saw that Naruto was caught up to him because he was learning from Jiraiya and his ego couldn't take it dipshit. Can't even understand Naruto.

>Anyone who wasn't stupid could see the outcome coming a mile away
see>And he didn't join him
That's why there was no point, because anyone could see it coming, we didn't learn anything.

MHA is arguable, but One Punch Man is much better than Naruto.

I'd be more interested to see an argument of which is better between opm and hero aca

They're too different

>sleeping on my nigga orochimaru
>sleeping on my nigga itachi

are they? They both are going against the usual western hero ideas and shonen tropes (even though opm is not a shonen)

>orochimaru
you mean slithery pedophile?
>itachi
i'll give you that one.

>implying slithery pedophile doesn't make for a good villain

>He saw that Naruto was caught up to him because he was learning from Jiraiya and his ego couldn't take it dipshit.
And that's not even right

You literally pointed to someone who pointed out your stupidity.

>That's why there was no point
seeYou are wrong and on top of that you're a speedreader.

>muh immortality
>muh teenage body
>muh vessel

again, how do any of those motives make him a bad villain

not a bad villain, just not one of the greatest ones.

First of all no that was not the case and second that's also another inconsistency since during the finals at the Chuunii exam Sasuke was excited to fight Naruto the most so why would he be jealous that he had gotten stronger since then since they had already acknowledged each other as rivals? Sasuke is just a poorly written character and brought the story down

Except there was a point to establish that

a) Shiggy was way over his head and didn't understand his character

b) To further establish Bakugou being serious about his goal thus proving Aikawa right

It was needed so that retards like you could get it through their heads that Bakugou wouldn't be swayed to joined villains.

>>Since DB and Naruto are over
>he doesn't know

>That's why there was no point, because anyone could see it coming, we didn't learn anything.
i remember tons of faggots making threads about bakugou and saying
>he's juts another sasuke but more angry
>he's gonna end up a villain
>he's gonna end up joining the villains
and many more.
>he's gonna be deku's arch-nemesis or something.

Thinking about picking up Hero academy for this cutie.
Also, compared to HxH, how gay is this?

>how gay is this?
kirishima cannonically gets hard while thinking of bakugou.

>kirishima
He's not cute at all. How about my boy Deku?

I wish Frog was a guy.

>kirishima
>not cute
i object.

So you can't even read your own pic? Bakugou has Sasuke's ego where he's angry that someone he didn't respect somehow caught up to him and was even recognized by the hero he admired BECAUSE HE GOT HIS POWER. Him being the reason is only an added insult to those injuries. Besides things worked out amazingly well when you consider that AM was already on his way out and was able to get his revenge against OfA

There's no point to leaving Bakugou as the only one abducted and making it a focus. There was another guy being abducted but they rescued him. The mangaka was trying to play situation up by making Bakugou the only one to get abducted when anyone else would have worked.

Sasuke while similar isn't like Bakugou in that his priority is to get revenge, he started to appreciate other things but it makes sense that getting revenge and learning why from Itachi did what he did far supersedes it.

Deku is probably the furthest from gay you could be.

>a literal faggot/fujishi asking for recommendations, and nobody except me has told xir/xer to fuck off.
Sup Forums is truly dead. By the way fuck off fujo/faggot.

>Bakugou the only one to get abducted when anyone else would have worked.
that is bullshit and you know it.
Their idea was to kidnap bakugou and recruit him into the villain aliance because they thought the behaviour they saw from him in the USJ and the sports festival meant that he was a push away from being a villain, which couldn't be farther from the truth.
it was done to show shiggy's incompetence as a strategist and bakugou's resolve to become a hero, give all might his final fight against the ultimate evil, and make shiggy start standing up for himself by separating him from all for one.

it wasn't without purpose, it didn't come out of nowhere and wasn't unjustified.

>muh dead Sup Forums bitching on a shonen thread about OPM, Naruto and Hero academy

I'm not going to look it up, but there's a big scene where Sasuke uses chidori and seems impressed by himself, but then he sees what Naruto's rasengan did and you could tell by his face how it affected him. That was the deciding scene right before he gets abducted, so yea you're too retarded to follow Naruto.

I knew from the start Bakugou wouldn't join that was my point you retarded simpleton who keeps repeating this.

They're retards who can't follow a retarded shonen manga then.

>That was the deciding scene right before he gets abducted
Wrong again retard
>knew from the start Bakugou wouldn't join
You clearly didn't or else you wouldn't have made such a stupid statement

nice bait thread

They would have stiIl went to rescue Mr. chuuni if he was the one abducted, even if they can't get him to join OfA can take his quirk, but no they had to play up Bakugou by making him the focus being the only one abducted. They could have used this explore one of the shittily developed side characters, but of course this is your typical shonenturd cliche.

As for shiggy, his retardedness was already shown in scenes like where he left the heroes off the hook when he saw AM coming in at USJ. He's been shit through and through even portrayed by the mangaka as a retarded edgy gamer.

Even shonenfags and moeshitters should have higher standards tan entertaining anything other than telling a fujoshit to fuck right off. Also, read the rules, this is not a board for recommendations faggot.

One Punch Man is better. The stakes are more interesting because they're not simply, "Will the good guys win?" We know the good guys will win. Saitama will win in one punch. It's what happens on the way that is more interesting. To me, there is as of yet no moment in Hero Aca more emotionally deep than Boros telling Saitama he was too strong.

>what do they do better than dbz and naruto?
No plotholes

>OPM
>stakes

One day you'll grow up and realize that there can be stakes beyond physical consequences.

>There's no point to leaving Bakugou as the only one abducted and making it a focus
You do realize that Shiggy was specifically targeting Bakugou right?
>There was another guy being abducted but they rescued him
That was by accident they weren't targetinghim

>The mangaka was trying to play situation up by making Bakugou the only one to get abducted when anyone else would have worked.
Shiggy abducted Bakugou because he saw how he was carrying on during the Sports Festival which was three arcs prior. He SPECIFICALLY went after him because he thought his aggressive personality meant he was prime villain material and he was wrong and goes back to how the audience reacted to his behavior and assumed the worst of him. Why is that so hard for you to understand unless you truly didn;t get it.

>, he started to appreciate other things but it makes sense that getting revenge and learning why from Itachi did what he did far supersedes it.
It does not make sense for him to betray his friends over what was a mere spat.
>They would have stiIl went to rescue Mr. chuuni if he was the one abducted, even if they can't get him to join OfA can take his quirk, but no they had to play up Bakugou by making him the focus being the only one abducted.
What the fuck are you talking about? They would have rescued them regardless but Shiggy only sent them after Bakugou. You are just blatantly talking out your ass at this point.

Its just that OPM has not stakes and you're just a retard

>HURR STOP SHITTING ON SHOWS MADE FOR RETARDS LIKE ME

So I can see you ran out of arguments to parrot here.

I even said that you're a simpleton who's only capable of repeating things by assuming your own convenient projections. I said from the beginning my issue was that we didn't learn anything about characters because we already Bakugou had no join to them as his goal was to be a hero.

>are a lot worse than DBZ

Yes

>or Naruto

No. BnHA is 6/10 and OPM is 7/10, Naruto is 6/10 at high points and as low at 2/10 at dumbass parts

>they use the same shonen tropes and storytelling but not nearly as well

Please elaborate

It has stakes, you're just too dumb to see them.

Shiggy wanted Bakugou because he thought he could be swayed to joined the VA why the fuck would he be interested in Tokoyami of all people? Bakugou wasn't even the focus of that arc either. You just love being wrong all the time don't you?

>So I can see you ran out of arguments to parrot here.
Nope, you also didn't refuete my point.

>my issue was that we didn't learn anything about characters because we already Bakugou had no join to them as his goal was to be a hero.
And as many people have pointed out the entire point of the encounter wasn't about getting to know Bakugou it was to show that Shiggy and the public had the wrong image of him. So you're basically complaining about nothing.

Yeah because they're not there
>I even said that you're a simpleton who's only capable of repeating things by assuming your own convenient projections
Because you've been proven wrong twice over already and are just repeating shit like a parrot. Bakugou was kidnapped because Shiggy assumed he could persuade him into joining his side based on his actions during the live broadcast of the sports festival, we learned that the general public don't think very highly of him and assumed that he would be convinced to join see here and they were both proven wrong. Just because some readers already knew the outcome (you didn't because your argument assumes otherwise) doesn't mean that the characters in-universe does.

>He's been shit through and through even portrayed by the mangaka as a retarded edgy gamer.

Nope you're just a fucking idiot that this was suppose to be his development

Why do you keep ignorin' that Sasuke also wanted power for his revenge, his priority? Oh because your shitty argument wouldn't work.

You can stop repeating a list of the obvious because you can't read and assume other people are as retarded as you. The point is the mangaka played up the situation by making Bakugou the only one abducted putting the focus on him, when any other character could have worked. Why couldn't Bakugo be the one rescued and they had to rescue the chuuni? There was no point in putting the focus on Bakugou other than the mangaka trying to milk a shitty trope, because we already knew Bakugou had no reason to join.

>Why do you keep ignorin' that Sasuke also wanted power for his revenge, his priority?
Why do you keep ignoring all his character development up until his betrayal Kishi because it'll reveal how poorly written the character was and how your argument wouldn't stand? Hell his revelation during his fight with Gaara already shits on your stance.

>The point is the mangaka played up the situation by making Bakugou the only one abducted putting the focus on him, when any other character could have worked
Strike one. Shiggy had specifically targeted Bakugou because he saw his actions during the sports festival. I going to keep repeating this to drill it into your ass because you apparently are too stupid to accept the fact that no other character would have worked in that given situation.

> Why couldn't Bakugo be the one rescued and they had to rescue the chuuni?
Strike Two. Why would Shiggy want Tokoyomi when his displays none of the signs of a fucking villain? Shiggy wanted Bakugou due to his abrasive personality in which Tokoyomi doesn't have.

>There was no point in putting the focus on Bakugou other than the mangaka trying to milk a shitty trope, because we already knew Bakugou had no reason to join.
And strike three. It worthless to repeat teh same shit because you're going to repeat the same shit because you have no leg to stand. But please continue I want to see how you get out of this.

>shonen

You guy are arguing with a strawman here. That's the only argument in your retarded because you can't refute my other points so you can focus on this strawman that I wasn't even arguing for. What's the point of saying the obvious? Shiggy's intention makes no difference here.

>NO U

I'll take that as a concession

Sasuke's priority was power for revenge. Why would those things sway him?
see

How is that a no u? How many morestrawman's are you going to make?

see
Are you done?

>How is that a no u?
Didn't refute any of the points
>strawman
Go learn what strawman is because none of them have used it

None of them are strawman though.
>because you can't refute my other points
I refueted every single one of your points you have yet to make a point throughout this entire thing.

So I can see you ran out of arguments to parrot here.

>BnHA is 6/10 and OPM is 7/10, Naruto is 6/10

Again you retards have ran out of arguments

It is a strawman because you're simpletons suggesting that I said somewhere that Shiggy's intention wasn't Bakugou because that would things more convenient for you, when that had no relevance to my point. Again because you're a retard who's defensive about his shonenturd, try and refute these points.

Hori played up the situation by making Bakugou be the only one abducted to milk a shitty shonen trope. Making it about Bakugou, when it made no difference if they rescued Bakugou instead and had let the chuuni get abducted, because they would have went to rescue him as well. There was no point to make point of focus because we already knew he wouldn't join because it would go against his character and goal. So we didn't learn anything about the characters.

>No U the post

>So I can see you ran out of arguments to parrot here

sasuga parroting simpleton

I like them both, if for different reasons, and you can deal with it.

I want at least one shonen to like and HxH and YYH didn't quite do it for me.

>It is a strawman because you're simpletons suggesting that I said somewhere that Shiggy's intention wasn't Bakugou because that would things more convenient for you
So you don't know what a strawman is. Okay

>Hori played up the situation by making Bakugou be the only one abducted to milk a shitty shonen trope
Which has been proven wrong and you can't even state what trope it is to begin with probably because it doesn't exist

>Still parroting the same shit after being proven wrong dozens of times

Yeah you're done.

kuso thread

Holy shit how wrong can one opinion be

>It is a strawman because you're simpletons suggesting that I said somewhere that Shiggy's intention wasn't Bakugou because that would things more convenient for you,
Except nobody here said that we're just laughing at your inability to make a point and ignoring blatant evidence provided for you

>Hori played up the situation by making Bakugou be the only one abducted to milk a shitty shonen trope.
And what is that trope?

>when it made no difference if they rescued Bakugou instead and had let the chuuni get abducted, because they would have went to rescue him as well
Again why would Shiggy want Tokoyomi? This is the giant hole in your argument that you refuse to patch up
> There was no point to make point of focus because we already knew he wouldn't join because it would go against his character and goal.
This point has already been refueted so you're really just ignoring posts at this point

I think opm is genuinely good but Hero is just very well produced yet totally uninspired.

I think your tastes is fucking shit.

You got it backwards

Wait, surely this is just bait. You get triggered by what they said, and then you proceed to call them triggered?

also
>the joke flies over my head so it's bad

but Original Dragon Ball was part way a gag manga too

NO U the post again

Was there a point to this? You were arguing against a point I wasn't even making, so yea that's a strawman retard. Again you seem to have ran out of arguments so you keep repeating how BTFO I am with no support for it, also funny to see you suddenly add parrot to your vernacular, parroting simpleton.

You're too retarded to see that Shiggy's intention made no difference here, I only suggested Toko because he happened to be caught as well. It was a contrived arc to milk the trope of having the ebil dahk side offer an opportunity to one of the MCs to join them that would make it easier to achieve their goals, but in this case it was super retarded because the ebil dahk side didn't even have anything to offer. So Bakugou wasn't even tested. This makes Shiggy look even more retarded and so we didn't learn anything about these characters we already didn't know.

>S-s-s-s-s-s-strawman!

Yeah you're done.