Isekai was a huge mistake

Isekai was a huge mistake.

Other urls found in this thread:

bato.to/comic/_/comics/choujin-koukousei-tachi-wa-isekai-demo-yoyuu-de-ikinuku-you-desu-r20393
bato.to/comic/_/comics/lv999-no-murabito-r21690
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How the fuck does this have a manga already.

Sup Forums will say it's okay because "they're enjoying it ironically".

name

Lvl 999 vilager.

Surprisingly, not an isekai.

>overpowered NPC mob
Romsen saga was able to pull this trope off without the stupid video game systems or cringey characters.

He earned those levels though.

video game mechanics and UI being unnecessarily incorporated is still isekai's fault.

Well i don't personally know any non-isekai examples before isekai so lets say youre right.

Shame this he isn't a merchant class.
If bards can be a thing why doesn't DnD have a merchant class?
Is the light novel any good?

It's pretty funny and it does an interesting thing with the opposing forces setting, demons v. humans.
Demons naturally spawn monsters, so they live far away from humans to survive. MC chilled with the demon king in the past, and the way the MC got to lvl999 is well done too. He's OP, but he's a really shitty form of OP in which his OPness allows him to matter in a fight but not because he can win outright, it's more like he can't lose.
This leads to a few interesting parts and the dynamic with the hero party who initially are portrayed as antagonists gets turned on it's head pretty well.
That's the first three volumes of translated content I read, don't know how far they went after that but I think the best part about it is that it's a refreshing take on the setting and the MC does fun things.
The bad part is how the plot stalls, author takes longer than seems necessary to set up the relationships and how the situation pans out. They are clearly amateur and the story isn't that novel but if you're into this kind of thing I think it's worth a shot.
Also, no harem antics.

That's actually really clever

>No harem antics
Picked up

the novel put too much gag for me and the mc is also a little too over powered that turns things into a gag,it also dragged things out,with a slow pace,it over exaggerate on side character personality,they are naive or are too much generic and things just seems too random while still relates to the plot,I stop reading the novel 2 years ago because of hiatus translation

even Magi's Grandson has a manga

there's no hope anymore

Let me give the Isekai genre a shot, heres a plot and chapter 1 of an Isekai Manga I thought

Izami is a 16 year old highschool boy, He is not a loser beta MC he has a lot of friends and is pretty much a healthy guy, One of Izami's hobbies is blacksmithing since their family is known as good blacksmiths in the past but now he just does it as a hobby, Izami is also interested in Martial Arts and so He along with his sister is excited for their field trip in a village located on top of a mountain famous for having a lot of martial arts dojos aswell as martial arts books and is also famous for being top of a mysterious and spiritual mountain. After a whole day of touring the village with his sister and buying a lot of martial arts books its time for them to get home, while going down the mountain they got caught by an unexpected storm and the bus they are riding flipped up side down and her sister got thrown outside the clift but Izami managed to grab on her before she falls, Izami noticing the ground he is in cant hold any further he uses all of his strength to pull his sister up at the same time ground collapsing and him falling off the mountain, Izami Accepting death he wakes up in a clear blue sky and noticed the mountain is gone, and he is surprised he is alive, he also realized he is a different world and thinks of this as a second chance given by God so he wants to live this new life the way he wants. This pretty much the plot and what happens in chapter 1, also he got sent in a middle aged themed Isekai with his BAG full of martial arts books he bought. would you read this Isekai manga? and also this is not harem, it has girls but the girls dont throw themselves to him.

Nah, its just a setting that's slowly getting overdone, people start playing with premise and get overfed on it.

Again, that in the OP isn't isekai

Sounds more like isekei shonen

Thought that was just op being a faggot

I want an isekai story with a yakuza being reincarnated in a generic medieval magic world and building a criminal organization there or really just an isekai story where the MC goes full Godfather.

He certainly is, but failed. RPG elements aren't exclusive to isekai.

>Isekai was a huge mistake.
was it? I don't know what manga that's cropped from, but it actually looks fairly funny

>would you read this Isekai manga
It would depend on the reviews
If it was actually good then sure why not, but that premise is extremely generic so it would have to have a lot going for it in way of character/plot development

No, I am enjoying it because I have shit taste and poor impulse control so I keep stuffing this shit like it's good even though I hate almost all of it.

Romsen Saga is actually very very good and not remotely isekai at all.

What a shitty system.

So he's the Isekai version of Saitama?

The remember the dialogue and pacing of this series is fucking atrocious.

Not really. Any other class can reach his level of strength in a faction of the levels required. Though villagers can level up the easiest.

I meant his persona

More or less, but he acquires a purpose later on.

>even more isekai/pseudo-isekai shit
>level 999 villager dude
>so epic and funny man
Will there ever be an original high fantasy esque LN that has no bullshit i.e. modern day knowledge, game overlay, REINCARNATION, etc.?

That's not isekai you dunce.

Goblin Slayer is high fantasy, isn't it? Just the kind of gritty underside of it.

Also have you tried Ozanari Dungeon? IT's old, but it's pure fantasy ADVENTURE and the party is awesome.

Well probably not one with reincarnation, nor however will there likely be an isekai about a chemist and electrical engineer duo with actual modern day knowledge that is properly explained.

Try A Hero's War.

Why can't there be an isekai where MC is actually a normal villager? No hero-maou storyline, no RPG class nonsense, no sleeper cheat, just SoL about MC trying to make a living and befriending people. Something Rune Factory-esque.

Yes, I have. It was a good read, but now I'm stuck looking for new stuff. Just gotta have a similar feel with an entirely new spin on it.

>Walk into The Blue Oyster Bar
>Proclaim loudly: "Why everyone is gay and where all the women?".
Can you just kill yourself? Do everyone a favour and just do it.

Hmmm

Monster Collection?

>Want to have a nice oyster meal
>Every oyster joint in town is stuffed with homosex

I'd be mad too.

If you want true high fantasy, check western media.
If you're interested in high fantasy warped by Dragon Quest influence, check Dungeon Defence. Although there's some isekai crap, it's completely forgotten by the third volume.

So since this seems to be the daily isekai thread, has the PV for sheieldhero gone up yet?

There is like 5 Berserker threads, danmachi and Bahamut. There is no excuse for being a faggot.

Well there's Sevens, but it becomes a giant like 20+ girl harem shitshow

>it's completely forgotten by the third volume
minus most of his plans being based in his knowledge from outside of the game

Also Dungeon Defense is the pinnacle of isekai. It includes:
>Video game mechanics
>MC has special power
>Slaves
>Loli harem
>Aphrodisiacs
>Rape
>NTR
>Hero and demon lord

What more could you ask for?

Kazuma! what does the scouter say about his power level?
>IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!

Is isekai and game elements the battle harem killer that we have been waiting for?

Later today i guess. It's fucking 12:30 AM here man.

Any idea what hour is the kadokawa panel today? can't find it at the main site.

I'll give those a try. My thanks, anons.

>90% of isekai series are battle harems

Name one good Isekai that isn't Muv Luv Alternative

No, because they don't compete, they fuse into one.

I didn't really check beyond that it was the first of July, and Japan is always loads of hours ahead of me so I assumed it was up already. Can't wait to find out who's gonna voice Naofumi, also really hoping that Yuko Sasamoto will voice Firo.

You're in for a treat.

who did she voice?
>flonne
Oh.

Rate me Sup Forums.

Our MC is a religious person. To him there's only one and only one true God. One day, he was involved in an accident and was transported to somewhere bright and wide. There a being came out of nowhere and wanted him to be his prophet, his messenger in another world. MC with doubt said that he will think about it. The being angry at the response lash out at MC saying things like "You dare defy your God?". MC being religious felt angry at the comment because the being is not his God and his God was the only one true God. Than he got an idea. He accepted the proposal and transfer to the other world. But there he would not spread the word of the being that sent him here but about his God.

>rate me Sup Forums
You're an attention seeking faggot.

Okay Jesus.

Depends on how the story is going to progress. Like what's the other world like, will there be battles, a harem? Or is it going to be economic keikaku?

>main character is actually retarded
sounds like half of what's out there already
seems good

>high school students
>ever knowing how to operate or build a nuclear plant
When will the wish fulfillment end?

He's going to start his own religion. Using the stories about his own religion as a guideline.

I'd read it only if MC survives falling off the mountain and is then hit by a truck.

>Boku wa Isekai de Fuyo Mahou to Shoukan Mahou wo Tenbin ni Kakeru

Anyone reading this one?

Pathetic orcs' hole best girl

That sounds fucking terrible. Not only do you have a main cast of seven people which is going to split the focus up a lot (not a bad thing, just requires a way more competent writer to actually be good) they go from medieval to nuclear power instantly?

bato.to/comic/_/comics/choujin-koukousei-tachi-wa-isekai-demo-yoyuu-de-ikinuku-you-desu-r20393

He would NEED to have some proof and assistance from the deity he believes in (especially in the new world). Otherwise he's stupid for doing this after he gets proof that another deity exists, and that deity will be watching what he's doing.

To further elaborate. The world is fantasy shit. With dragons, vampires, zombies, orcs, goblins and other shit like that. There will be battles but MC is personally not that good at fighting. He will recruit people that can fight to be on his side. Harem not sure. MC is a firm believer of sex after marriage. He can marry more than one person because I like harem endings like that. More politic than economic. He will have to fight against the kingdom and other religion. Also the being that sent him here isn't disturbing him because he is protected by his God. So the being cannot directly interfere but he can do it indirectly.

Yeah he will have help from his deity. He will after the slaves first. Free them and entice them to his religion.

read nigotta hitomi no liliane
mc is reincarnated as a baby, spends the entire series as a baby just interacting with her older siblings and magical fairy pals

hey youjo senki MC is equally as retarded and she still got an anime

I agree. I cannot believe I find myself missing fucking school settings. Fuck everything about isekai.

Holy shit I got to the first page and had to stop. What the fuck.

tanya isn't retarded, he's just autistic. get your facts right.

My sides
Help

Although to be fair if he can do this I can believe the nuclear reactor thing

>exceptionally supernaturally talented high school students
>throw them into a medieval setting for isekai shenanigans
Should of just stuck with modern times.

But there are all sorts of laws and regulations that good Japanese citizens have to follow in the modern world.

Where can I find the manga version?

Where can I read this? Google yandex and iqdb aren't helpful and kissmanga and batoto don't have anything called lvl 999 villager.

I unironically enjoy this for the economics plotline like Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

>first place to look are online readers
Just google it, faggot

It's on batoto, 1st entry on the main page of popular manga. Here in case you can't find it:
bato.to/comic/_/comics/lv999-no-murabito-r21690

>hurr duur don't ask for good things
Your kind is the absolute fucking worst, you know that?

Hmm...

I don't want to read the novel I want to read the manga.

faggot

Thanks guys, I was looking for something with lvl not lv.

Next time I'll try 999 alone.

I've only read a few isekai manga in the past couple of months. I don't see why you need to make everything ironic or non-ironic though, manga is about entertainment anyway.

I am usually rather understanding when someone can't find sources from crops etc., but once you have the name, if you still can't find where to read a manga, I have absolutely no sympathy for you.

What if we had a death arena isekai but with mmo character tropes?
>the healslut that is also a trap that seduces players to get easy wins
>the minmaxing asshat that plays the warrior class
>the guy that has 99 luck

Well I got the name from this thread and not from reverse search and the name I was given is LVL 999 villager.

So forgive me for not thinking of trying lv

That's just usual death game with sprinkles.

Did you ever consider using level?

I did on kissmanga but not on batoto.

Even using lvl999 villager manga, I found it almost immediately on google, you have no excuses, you just want others to spare you even the tiniest amount of effort.

The most reasonable thing to use for search would be 999.

Hey Shieldbro is it worth reading the LN for this?

The only LN I'm reading is Slime Datta ken and I fucking love it for the world building more than anything.