Has CR already lost the war? What the fuck happened?

Has CR already lost the war? What the fuck happened?

Will this be a good thing or a bad thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/04/14/aniplex-of-america-announces-katsugeki-touken-ranbu-anime
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/04/14/aniplex-of-america-announces-katsugeki-touken-ranbu-anime

At least do your research before making shitpost images

>Netflix
Are they doing simulcasts now?
Last I checked they waited like months after it aired in Japan.

>Amazon
Has someone been able to break their DRM yet?

It is being streamed on amazon as well.

But who is actually watching these shows.
I'm only watching 2 of them and probably watching almost the rest from CR.

>Has someone been able to break their DRM yet?
HS was releasing some Amazon shows last season.

And here I was trying my best to actually pay for my anime. This is fucking bullshit.

>video
>DRM

>Are they doing simulcasts now?
No. They release their versions when the series is over in JP land.

Please don't give money to any of these jews.

I thought those were screencaptures.

Just buy BDs or source material of shows you like then. Your $6 a month for CR results in pennies going to the creators.

Re:creators is Amazon, when Amazon delayed an episode HS was delayed as well even when it already aired in Japan

Please feel free to offer a better, more comprehensive and legal service. Seriously, I really dislike the feeling of doing things illegally and will pay good money whether for physical or digital media to get what I want legally.

Everything you do results in pennies going to the "creators" unless you mean the big corporations funding anime.

This I already do however should do more of in the future.

Who cares? HS can rip from both CR and Amazon, right?

Screencaptures from amazon, not tv broadcasts.

They're not screencaps, retard.

I'd rather pay them than the barnacles selling streaming-only access to bad subtitles.

why? It's ok if you wanna support the industry, but you don't have to burn yourself spending over 500 bucks for each series

>I really dislike the feeling of doing things illegally and will pay good money whether for physical or digital media to get what I want legally
You're conditioned. Your kind is the reason they can get away with bad translations and bad video encoding.

Sure but don't fool yourself into thinking your money is making it into the hands of the people actually making the anime when you buy those things anymore than with Crunchyroll. Unless the studio is on the production committee you are just giving money to "jew corporations" in another country. Just look at GuP Movie, ACTAS actually lost money on that despite it being a huge success, because they have no place to share in that success due to not being invested in the show. They are just work for hire.

Then you could get problems like these

Why hasn't the entirety of Sup Forums learned nip yet?

I tried and failing because I'm a lazy idiot.

But muh fandom will always do bestter work than any pro ever! And foo free!

with just english half of Sup Forums can't read for shit, now you want them to learn another language?

To be honest, there are some things that professionals often get wrong due to not actually caring about the work they are doing specifically and not being invested in the fandom at all. Like how Tsukihi's "Platinum Mad" recently got translated as "Dagnabit Mad" in the LN translation.

Surely someone will sub Fate. That's ~100k+ downloads guaranteed, even the laziest fansubbers will get off their asses to milk that.

So the only show that's fucked is Kakegurui.

fuck you, that's the show i'm more hyped for ;_;

Kakerugui is Netflix, not Amazon.

Are they literally retarded?

When the hell did Amazon confirm Symphogear S4?

Hey at least the fansubs are making a comeback, shouldn't we all thanks Netflix for being so fucking stupid.

Don't underestimate normalfags. I know at least one person who doesn't care about the current season, and just waits till the end of the season to marathon the entire thing, or drop it on the third episode.

"When I'm really into it, I hate to have to wait for the next episode and the conclusion".

katsugeki is one of the most anticipated series this season and one of them is literally a fate title.

Say what you will about the quality of CR, but they're the fastest and most consistent. The alternatives now are waiting for Netflix to release the whole show at the end of a season or some random group subbing days after an episode airs (and potentially dropping the show)

this is Sup Forums. we pirate anime here.

Between competition and cost cuts CR is basically terminal.

They are even trying to sell Anime on Steam

Where do you think do you get your fucking Chinese Cartoons? From gg? UTW? FFF? Mazui? Evetaku? Chihiro? Nope. They're dead, and they should be.

fuck, i can't marathon for shit now and episode threads are the ones i post the most, this is just wrong

None of you know what the fuck you are talking about. Amazon webrips are currently being made by some groups using lossless stream dumping and HS is probably using the lossy version that everyone knows. The lossless method is being kept secret for now but a week ago at least one person said they perfected the tooks for webdl and some other people were reportedly selling tools for it.

The last time flawless webdl was made public some retard leaked it and it was patched.

>N-netflix will save us from shit subs and increase quality!
>Apocrypha
>Blame

on the bright side it's mostly Amazon and not Netflix.

Netflix anime translations are shit tier.

Amazon has fucked up 4 Re:creators episodes in a row

I get them from wherever they are free. that used to be fansubs until it became easier to leech off the slaves that pay for it. like the rest of Sup Forums. anyone doing anything other than pirating or buying straight BDs isn't Sup Forums.

Finally someone answers what I wanted to know.

I agree that the method being private is for the best, as long as I get high quality amazon rips.

what does CR have other than Horsepussy, Foxpussy and Isekai restaurant?

How is CR having all the shows in the first place a good thing?

Amazon fucks up more than CR does, but it's good to not have all the eggs in one basket.

Fast subs?

some people probably defend it by saying that you can watch shit for free legally with CR

if you wait a week that is

I don't want how this thing works. If amazon have a show, crunchy can't broadcast it?

So if you have a crunchyroll account and you want to watch fate you have to get a netflix account?

Just curious, don't know how these services work.

I just cannot understand this mindset, even though I see it a lot online with people who rail against piracy/adblock/etc.

Why do you feel obligated to give anyone money, especially when you don't like said company. It's bad enough when some people jump to white-knight stupid corporate decisions, but now it's starting to extended to more-and-more of the internet as everything is getting monetized in some capacity.

Buy physical shit when it appeals to you, pay monthly for good value/convenient services, and donate to things you completely believe in. No commercial transaction should be performed out of obligation or sympathy.

It's a problem, though, because apparently Amazon keeps releasing new types of DRM and they need someone to pay for the subscription.

And it kind of bothers me that fewer and fewer people are able to rip, if the mass suppliers are arrested we might all be fucked.

Each service licenses the distribution rights per region. If they have it, generally nobody else gets it, or if they do it will be way down the line when it doesn't matter anymore.

I've been out of the loop for a year, why do we give a fuck about any of this?

Because hating on crunchyroll is trendy.

it's basically theft, that mindset is stupid, i agree with you, but some people still feel guilty for not giving their money to big corporations

isn't Amazon buying the rights globally recently?
CRs regional difficulties are quite annoying to me as a Europoor, since my shithole country doesn't get half of what the rest of the EU gets.

In case of Netflix, you won't see anything at all until the anime finishes airing, so you have to wait months to watch it.

where do you think people rip shit now?

Who the fuck uses CR?

Is it not airing on actual channels we can get raws from?

That's pretty much it. Broadcasting licenses are usually exclusive for certain regions.

>caring if it's on amazon

I do have CR but anything not on it i just Pirate.

>Who the fuck uses CR?
HorribleSubs, most notably.
>actual channels we can get raws from
Sure, but nobody's going to translate, sub, and time it anymore.

Wait, what? Why can't we just get the raws?

>Is it not airing on actual channels we can get raws from?
You have to hope an actual translator group picks it up. Like Little witch Academy this season.

You realize most "TL" groups just rip Crunchy and edit the subs a bit and paste it onto a raw.

I meant with subs. Raws are still fine, but fansubbing is mostly dead.

1) If you want to watch everything legally then you just have to pay for 1 subscription instead of 3+.
No-one wants to see anime go the way of cable TV where you have to spend huge amounts of money to get all the different packages to watch the stuff you want.

2) CR subs tend to be at least passable, in contrast to Netflix.

Literally zero of those shows I'm actually looking forward to watching, and I'm only actually watching Symphogear out of that list.

More importantly, who's gonna sub Action Heroine Cheer Fruits?

We deserve this.

It's probably the full webrip and subs, I'd be surprised if any raw is involved lmao.

Apologies, I should have clarified. I know HS uses it but I mean who on Sup Forums uses it? Last time I was here nobody mentioned CR aside from the rare delays and shit affecting subs.

>Sure, but nobody's going to translate, sub, and time it anymore.
Aw fuck, what have I missed?

Pretty much this

>Aw fuck, what have I missed?
The last 10 years? There are hardly any translator groups left.

I can just watch shit on CR with ublock on

Fansubs are dead, people just rip from commercial sources. From what I have read CR is the easiest to grab subs from.

Now HS might not have the links in the web rip/dl community to get their hands on both the tools and money or access to subscriptions as the current webdl method works for both NF and Amazon up to 1080p.

It's not like I'm any different than anyone on this board, I pirate shit all the time too. But I really don't get it when people act like there's literally nothing wrong with it whatsoever. Yeah, the risks are incredibly low, yeah, you get your stuff faster, yeah, the companies won't go bankrupt if a few thousand people pirate their shit, yeah, the studios don't get the money. I understand that. Those may be good enough reasons to pirate stuff. But it still doesn't make pirating the 100% right thing to do.

>I mean who on Sup Forums uses it? Last time I was here nobody mentioned CR aside from the rare delays and shit affecting subs.

>Nobody uses it, normalfags not allowed on muh secret club.
>But everybody notices when something goes wrong.

Yeah, absolutely nobody here uses Sup Forums.

>what have I missed
Daiz killing anime

>why do we care?

First: Fansubbing is pretty much dead thanks to CR/Funi whatever.
That is a problem.

Second: Netflix means no Netflix subs until next season so you either hope some group fansubs it or you just give up

Third: If Amazon has it you need to pray that they didn't update their DRM.
If they did you will need to pay for it.

CR killed fansubs but them getting shows is better than Netflix or Amazon getting them because CR are lazy leeches running ancient tech without DRM

>Symphogear gets licensed by Funimation during S1 and ignored asides from being on their website
>G gets ignored altogether by both official and fansubs for weeks
>GX gets picked up by CR a month after it started airing
>AXZ is being done by Amazon

If fansubs stop becoming readily available, fansubs groups will pop back up. The reason fansubs gruops stopped subbing was because they couldn't get attention because everyone could get CR rips quicker

People notice because of HorribleSubs, user.

Whatever makes you sleep at night, user.

This time, they won't. And it's good that way.

ITT: Retards, streamtards and HS apologists
Shit thread.

>"When I'm really into it, I hate to have to wait for the next episode and the conclusion"
What if instead of bitchslap you I beat you with a bat because I would hate to wait until you die

I I unironically a judge in a central European country and while I agree with your sentiment, the problem is of a different kind. In case of anime you pay for the experience but also because of the studio. Studios however dont get shit from CR or other streaming services, very often due to international licensing rights etc. If there was a Japanese alternative to CR that would properly sub and that would assure me that money actually goes to the people who made what I like then I'd pay a hundred bucks or more on subscription fees a month. As it stands right now, I'll support the studios through BDs (of which they hardly get anything either) but I sure as hell wont financially support some shadey licensing monopoly that provides a dogshit services while leaving the actual animators in the dirt.

Hey man, I'm just telling it like I remember it. Why pay money for something you get for free?

Before you could pay ten bucks and watch everything. Now you need to pay at least thirty.

The people on Sup Forums who use CR are irrelevant normalfags. The only problem with CR losing ground is that most new sources are somehow even shittier at this moment in certain aspects. For example, Anime Network has piss-colored watermarked hardsubs, and Amazon constantly delays some of their shows and their subs of Re:Creators had some horrible mistranslations. Then there's also Netflix' bullshit.
This is all bullshit that even the people here who download HS rips have to put up with.

Funny, that list contains literally every show I'm planning to watch this season

>Next new season thread
>Moe shit, battle shounen shit, moe shit, fujoshi shit...
>Why Japan produces all this shit?!
>Because that's what it sells, that's why!

I have said this a thousand times: the average fujoshit willing to drop some pocket change is much more important to the anime industry than the entirety of this board.

>Fate/Apocrypha
>Netflix

Thank goodness CR and Funishit are getting killed and raped by Amazon. Amazon are literally saving anime by throwing in millions of dollars at the Japanese side of the industry.

The second big companies like Netflix and Amazon decided to dabble in anime, with their massive amounts of money to throw around, any company that dealt specifically in anime (and did a shit job at it, e.g. Crunchyroll) was toast.
Netflix/Amazon can buy up whatever they want and they still can't lose. If they actually see that consumers have a big interest in that sort of media, they might even put some effort into it. Netflix already is, doing their own dubbing and getting halfway decent translators on their shows, and even throwing actual funds at the studios.

Not even Ballroom?