Why is it so rare for best boys to win in shoujos?

Why is it so rare for best boys to win in shoujos?

Sensei definitely should've won.

Sensei was easily the worst boy.

Because shoujo is dumb and gay.

Your taste is the worst

Because women have different standards than male anons. From a woman perspective, the best boy always win on shoujo

Not in the case of hirunaka no ryuusei.

Then you clearly haven't seen shoujo romance audiences.

lmao. shoujo is garbage with very few exceptions. womyn will always fuck up the ending although differently from shounenshit.

And I'm sure you've read enough of the manga from that demographic to make an informed opinion about it.

the popularity of tsunderes and yanderes showed me that both sexes have the same standards and are secretly masochists

Post shoujos where best boy wins.

Japanese, shit taste, etc.
Nah, it's also common to see female fans complaining about the winners and losers in shoujo. It doesn't change much.

But best boys do win fairly often.

The guy in OPs pic only won because the fans wanted him to win, the mangaka clearly preferred the teacher. That's why her current series is basically the exact same story but with the teacher character winning.

>best boy
>tsundere boy with a deadpan sobstory
>my mom was a shit woman so every female must be shit too
>oh wait maybe suzume is different from other females so it's probably okay falling in love with her
He's easily the most boring guy in the manga. Fans only love him because he gets embarrassed when Suzume touches him. Personality wise Sensei is overall better and a more refreshing character. The ending was complete bullshit because 95% of the time it's spent on developing the MC and Suzume's relationship with Suzume still having conflicting feelings for Sensei. Then suddenly the manga ends with Mamura winning after Suzume dates him for a few weeks. It's painfully obvious that he only won because he has more fans than sensei.

That was a predicrable ending, actually.

>developing the MC and Suzume
*sensei and Suzume

Sensei was a piece of shit who definitely didn't deserve to win

I felt the same. Suzumes relationship with Mamura was underwhelming, and she was conflicted about Sensei throughout the entirety of it up until the last chapter. I wouldn't be surprised if the popularity poll had something to do with it along with the Mamura fangirls that were sending the mangaka insults and complaints when the second to last chapter dropped that she put her twitter on private for some time.

Sensei was best boy with his outgoing, and fun personality. You don't get a lot of shoujo leads like that since they're either tsuns or huge jerks with "hearts of gold" underneath.

That's Josei you fucking idiot.

They were both kind of shit to be honest, but he was less shit.

You are pice of shit. Sensei deserve all happiness in the world.

How was he a piece of shit? It was Suzume's uncle who drove sensei to break up with Suzume. The manga had a rushed and shit ending without Suzume ever finding out that her uncle is the reason why her love with sensei fell apart. Up until the end, Suzume thought sensei broke up with her just because he wanted. No one in their right mind would say that this ending is good except the Mamura fangirls who only liked it just because their boy won.

Why was Mamura's sobstory thrown in the last chapter?

Probably to somewhat justify his win if ever the author plans a Mamura end which she did.

>awww look at this poor boy he was emotionally abused as a child so this is why he hates females. don't you feel bad for him and doesn't he also deserve happiness?

It clearly didn't work on me because I couldn't careless about Mamura because he was basically irrelevant in majority of the chapters until the author shoved him in our faces in the last couple of pages. Especially when the whole manga spent more focus on Suzume and sensei's relationship.

Pretty much. Well, I guess it's good that her new series has the sensei set to win the MCbowl. I like him as well but I definitely prefer Shishio's personality though.

Sensei/Student relationships are the worst kind of shoujo tropes

Wrong.

Nah, domyouji-type love interests are worse.

At least student/teacher relationships irl work out much more often (if you take the %) than "muh eternal love" between classmates.