Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Os4DmbnS_7g
youtube.com/watch?v=OI-9iMrWRrw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_my_peoples
youtube.com/watch?v=PBsHxZ2n0Ig&feature=youtu.be&t=55
i.imgur.com/Z2M3ULM.jpg
i.imgur.com/gbZczF9.jpg
i.imgur.com/uGqbcfM.jpg
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/1827_Finley_Map_of_Turkey_in_Europe,_Greece_and_the_Balkans_-_Geographicus_-_TurkeyEurope-finley-1827.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We were on the losing side of wwi

slavs

too multi-cultural

Completely messed up domestic politics, Hungary oppressed every other nationality in its territory, no one liked each other. It's fall was inevitable once WW1 started.

mom, dad, please make up

>slavs

We were allies in both wars

yep and also that.

A Serb with a pistol

A very diverse country that consequently fell apart easily after the stress of ww1.

It probably could have held together if the war hadn't happened or if the central powers won.

Everything.

Multi-Ethnic state that was Multicultural as well.
Even if the Central Powers had won, it would have been bound to break up.
You can’t have that many people with that many backgrounds without a unifying culture to keep them together.

A good parallel with Austria-Hungary is India today. It's probably even more diverse yet it hasn't fallen apart yet. But it would if it was involved in a war comparable to ww1.

Everyone hated eachother

It wasn't multiculturalism that caused the fall of the Empire, in fact the cultures in Central Europe are very similar. It was the mismanagement of the different nationalities and the consequences of the Ausgleich 1867, which split the Empire in two parts.
A German administered part with no clear nationality policy, and a Hungarian part with a very strict assimilation policy, which basically meant that all non-Hunagarians had no rights at all.
This caused many problems, civil unrest, and curbed nationalism. Federalization in the style of the USA could have potentially saved the Empire, but Franz Joseph didn't want to change the system. So it continued to rot from the inside out. WW1 was just the final blow.

If only you agreed to trialism. We would be unstoppable.

Trialism would have only delayed its fall. Only a federation with equal members would have worked in the long run. Pic related.

It wasn´t fair to non Austrians/Hungarians like the serbs coats etc
It was like a country version of feudalism, yeah we did protect them but still fucked them over the rest of the time by letting them pay taxes without reinvesting a fair share into their countries

Ofc, but no Hungarian politician would survive accepting that porposal.

That being said, Serbs from Kingdom of Serbia also got trrigered by this porposal, that's why Franz Ferdinand got pwned in Sarajevo.

yea sure... serbs would still beat you up in ww1. You croats are nothing else then pussies. You can only fight vs unarmed civilians. Serbians will kill you all in next war.

It would have been a nice union but we shouldn´t have a central gouverment

Jews

If only Franz Joseph had been a little more of a reformer than being old school and being such hard line absolutist. If anyone could have made a federation possible it was him

Butthurt Serb from ex Krajina.
Muh unarmed civilians pic&video related.
Same guys got pwned 2 months later like pussies.
youtube.com/watch?v=Os4DmbnS_7g

Central gov was minimal even according to Austro-Hungaric treaty, the only real problem was funding the central gov (10 year deal period for funding).

you can't have a multiethnic empire
unless you're a new world mongrel

Brother, why are mommy and daddy fighting?

F.J. has a lot of guilt for the destruction of Monarch, but again, Hungarians would never accept pic related without military intervention.

Any Hungarian politician complementing this solution would get offed in a week by another Hungarian.

Erdelj is too important for Hungarians in terms of history.

diversity is not a strength this diverse empire fell into pieces

this, hints:
woodrow wilson,FED,WW1,jewpuppet,trianon
also hungarians after AU/HUN compromise treated everyone in their reach as insecure dicks

It shouldn´t even be minimal, it should have been either a federation or a union neighbouring nation states
You can´t deny that we stole a lot of your shekels back i the day

glad that we helped. now you can just fantasize about it.

Honestly? They didn't start the uprisings in Russia soon enough and ended up sandwitched wasting most of their resources on a front with no winners.

Embargos on Serbia and the fortification against both Italy and Serbia should have been a must.

Sabotaging Brittish and US relations along with causing civil unrest in France would have also been necessary.

Most importantly Austria-Hungary should have built a fucking modern navy!

Just look at the Croatian coast!
All dem potential shipyards and naval bases!
We are only in NATO today because we would otherwise be a nightmare to conquer.

Debatable. Austria didn't fulfill it's share of defense back in the 16th and 17th century.

Taxes were pretty much the same in each part of Monarchy before Austro-Hungaric Treaty.

One of the most idiotic ideas of Franz Joseph was ban on the building of buildings higher than 4 storeys high in all cities except Budapest and Wien. That's why most of the buildings in Zagreb from Austro-Hungaric period have max 4 storeys (later the ban was lifted).

>We are only in NATO today because we would otherwise be a nightmare to conquer.
it's the opposite, because your meme shape of a country makes it easy for conquering through a bottleneck..

The empire should've been split 4 ways instead of just the Hungarian compromise. Have kingdoms of Bohemia, Croatia-Slavonia, Hungary and Austria and there most of the problems could be solved

Underrated

You're not Slavs.

That and google maps gave Franz wrong directions.

How many times do i have to tell you that Hrvoje, that you are amnesiac, and that they aren't your parents, you are their parent instead ffs

Not bad just change the beige for black.
8/10.

Too many Jews.

If the German Empire and Austria-Hungary had united, would the bigger Empire be more stable or would the total domination of Germans in it speed up its downfall?

Sordid foreign policy regarding the Balkans and the people there. Alienated Serbia every chance it got. Particularly with the annexation of Bosnia.

Literally autism: the government

frederick, i think

The Prussians would never allow the inclusion of so many non-Germans into their unified empire

Depends on if it was Prussian or Austrian dominated.

JEWS!!!!! thats what went wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=OI-9iMrWRrw

Serbia alienated itself from Monarchy after the coup against Obrenović dynasty and installment of pro-Russian Karađorđević goatfucker tier dynasty.

>Particularly with the annexation of Bosnia.
This! Also support for creating independent Albania.

goddamn serbs

czech kingdom was the most important part of it

True. They made up a huge percentage of the population of all the major Hapsburg cities, and their money gave them a lot of influence.

magyar-cigany went wrong

/thread

This! Also they wouldn't allow pic related.

>Hungary and Austria oppressed every other nationality in its territory
FTFY

>A German administered part with no clear nationality policy
what a load of shit, we couldn't even have a university because of you niggers

all of this

Translation: The Austrians fucked it up. God damn stupid donkey fuckers ran and hid when the fighting started.

>still fucked them over the rest of the time by letting them pay taxes without reinvesting a fair share into their countries

So you mean like the EU then?

Translate this.

Why is Budapest so German?

what was that battle where Austrian army marched into Serb artillery practice range?

>Why is Budapest so German?

Why are Canadians so queer?

Budapest didn't even have a Hungarian Majority, it was a very diverse city. It also had and still has a very high Jewish population.

Yep, pretty much. Shouldn't have given Hungary so many exclusive rights.

Shut up Krain, the reason you didn't have a university is because you didn't need one.

srsly? youre a slav mate. you should get at least get the basic gestalt

>diverse
You mean non-Hungarian. :^)

anyway..
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_my_peoples

Here is footage of the Austrian military in action. It is all their fault.

youtube.com/watch?v=PBsHxZ2n0Ig&feature=youtu.be&t=55

If they didn't annex Bosnia, Princip wouldn't have shot the duke. Got greedy.

>when you feel like you will finally get it after a millenium of stable cleaning and shit eating and a autistic serb with a pistol fucks it up
HAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA

How did so many Romanians come to occupy Transylvania?

>Shut up Krain, the reason you didn't have a university is because you didn't need one.
Of course only the Germs needed them, why in the hell did Czechoslovakia ever send you aid after WW1 is beyond me

Franz Ferdinand forgot to switch off the iron.

Bosnia was part of the old kingdom of Croatia. The issue was the massive influx of Serbs during the Ottoman period.

Multiculturalism reached it's logical conclusion

that's completely historically inaccurate, you fucking retarded diaspora, 80% of bosnia was serbian during the middle ages(later even more when it became independent).

Are you retarded?
>flag
nevermind

Bosnia was earlier part of Serbia and inhabited by Serbs.

My point is, everyone who wanted to have a university could have one. Even the Italians got one in fucking INNSBRUCK, a German city.
Nobody prohibited the Slovenes to build a university.

And you are all provinces of the Kingdom of Hungary

What are you smoking?

Although certain academies (notably of philosophy and theology) were established as Jesuitical higher education in what now is Slovenia as early as the seventeenth century, the first university was founded in 1810 under the Écoles centrales of the French imperial administration of the Illyrian provinces. That university was disbanded in 1813, when Austria regained territorial control.

During the second half of the 19th century, several political claims for the establishment of a Slovene language university in Ljubljana were made. They gained momentum in the fin de siècle era, when a considerable number of renowned Slovene academians worked throughout Central Europe, while ever more numerous Slovenian students were enrolled in foreign-language universities of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, particularly in the Austrian and Czech lands (Charles University in Prague or University of Olomouc, of which Slovene philosopher Franc Samuel Karpe became the rector in 1781). In the 1890s, a unified board for the establishment of a Slovenian university was founded, with Ivan Hribar, Henrik Tuma, and Aleš Ušeničnik as its main leaders. In 1898, the Carniolan regional parliament established a scholarship for all those students who were planning a habilitation under the condition that they would accept a post at Ljubljana University when founded. In this way, a list of suitable faculty started to emerge.

Nevertheless, unfavorable political circumstances prevented the establishment of the university until the fall of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. With the establishment of the State of Slovenes, Croats and Serbs in 1918, the founding of the university became possible.

remember what hapenned the last time you tried, istvan?

I College Proffesor told me it was because there was no majority culture in the Empire. It was 2002. If he said that now he would be in jail.

>implying Romania isn't a fake country

I think I accidentaly the Archduke..

But this time we have the advantage of being surrounded by an invasion of feral niggers to finally united us!!

Austrians were germans.

wtf I hate Serbs now

Literally diversity and incompetent leaders.

>Literally diversity
can you describe this diversity?

it was literally german and hungarian supremacy

Don't know, but Serbian artillery had practice on Turkish soil in 1912/13.

Say what you will but Cisleithania is a damn cool name.

What went wrong was primitive Turkroach rape babies called Serbs felt bad that they lived in a shithole country and so they wanted to make all the neighboring countries shitholes.

Serbs were always a backward and petty people who hated their neighbors, yet cucked to the turks and let themselves be buttfucked by the turk. Pic related - serbians circa 1700 dancing.

Everyone else was a fuckup except me

Nah. Those are Albos like you.

Listen filthy Serb. Nobody likes you, all you do is start shit, and you were raped by the turks until half of you became moslems. Nobody else cucked to the turks. The Hungarians, Croatians, Austrians, Romanians, and all others resisted while Serbs betrayed their fellow christians and went over.

Ever since then you feel inferiority and guilt complex for cucking. Serbia was a shithole, serbia is a shithole & you are the violent niggers of europe. I am glad nato bombed you and took kosovo. Hope they do it again faggot.

You can't into history, what is Ottoman Hungary?

> Bosnia was part of the old kingdom of Croatia. The issue was the massive influx of Serbs during the Ottoman period.

No, only modern western Bosnia was part of Croatia, eastern Bosnia, or Bosnia proper, was Serbian, up til the Bosnian river basin;

i.imgur.com/Z2M3ULM.jpg

i.imgur.com/gbZczF9.jpg

i.imgur.com/uGqbcfM.jpg

the issue is merely Serbs not understanding just how small medieval Bosnia was so they claim the whole of modern day Bosnia, which is twice the size of medieval Bosnia as it expanded westwards into Croatia;

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/1827_Finley_Map_of_Turkey_in_Europe,_Greece_and_the_Balkans_-_Geographicus_-_TurkeyEurope-finley-1827.jpg