Religious belief

Can anyone here share their reasons for why they personally believe in a religion?

Hard mode don't use any of the following non-reasons:
-blind faith
-muh degeneracy a.k.a. "I don't believe but I like the effect religion has on society so I guess I'll go with it"
-the wager a.k.a. "I'm afraid of punishment for nonbelief"
-the fedora meme

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FyKrFmrEHvk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Religion is pan human. It is necessary for culture.
If you understand natural selection and evolution (not the left wing b.S. but actual evolution) and see that NO ATHEIST CULTURE Survived, you see the necessity of religion for a human society.

BTW, how is this shit post any better than the bible thumpers I get on my porch every weekend? It's all "muh superior!" crap you believe to make you feel better than other people.

What other options are there?

Even the Satanic globalist know we need to have a religion.
IMHO, we should go back to the old Roman Catholic religion. You betcha it had faults, but it was also good protection from cultural contamination e.g. Crusades against Islamic invasion and prohibitions against dealing with Jews. It also shook people down for hoards of money - every "sacrament" cost $$, every sin was $$. The poor couldn't afford to sin and the rich filled the church coffers.
Sure, lots of that money was squandered, but much of it found it's way into funding Universities - not the shit show universities we had, but ones that had based values.

It is plainly evident that there is a creator. All one must do is look around to see proof of God in everything. And on the flipside the mark of Satan is on all wicked things of this world.

There are more lines of code in our bodies than in the most powerful super computer in the world, and the Jew tries to tell us this all happened randomly. I don't look at my PC and figure it evolved via natural selection. And there isn't a little man inside changing ones and zeros around. It is obvious that an intelligent designer is behind it all, same as with our physical bodies.

All world religions are the same except one. They all say you can work/earn your way to heaven by being a good person and doing good deeds. Christianity is unique in doctrine saying that all men deserve to burn in Hell for violating the law of the creator after being given free will. And only through Jesus Christ our Lord and His ransom sacrifice on the cross can we be saved and cleansed of our sinful fallen nature. To believe you can earn your way to heaven is self righteous hubris, and God hates a proud heart. "At least I'm not as bad as THAT filthy goyim" is the pride that disgusts and angers God, because God knows everything about you. Everything you have ever done and every thought you ever had. True justice is concluding us all equal as sinners, and giving US the free will to come to Him and ask for salvation. That is the mark, humble heart God wants.
youtu.be/FyKrFmrEHvk

See

Even if we accept that it is necessary for society that doesn't necessarily make it true
I'm curious about religious belief because I've never had it, and I'm trying to find a more substantial basis for it than the flimsy non-justifications I've heard in the past. I don't feel superiority. If anything I feel fucking ignorant and I want enlightenment
I do not know :/

I was raised by two devout RC parents, never got the same feeling they did from it.
Later in life I learned about the origins and realized it was all a sham, nothing about religions are real or necessary.
So I stand in opposition to all religions and still retain the right to believe consciousness exists beyond this corporeal existence.

Every event you do is caused by another event. For example: I push someone. They then fall to the ground. People view me as a jerk. I become a social outcast. This chain of events had to have a beginning unmovable mover.
Also, the Catholic Church has greatly aided the development of Western Civilization, from the time of Jesus to the 1800s.
Also, we can see that the apostles spread Jesus' words throughout the world. A proof of this is St James in Spain and St Thomas in India. Most were martyred for something they saw and believed in. Their faith is enough proof for Jesus.

No it fucking didn't, the kike created circuses called religions were subjugation technique used to fool the masses into being subservient slaves.
Fuck that noise
People build everything and the cunts on top take the glory, ah fuck you, sheep

Religion is for the common man. It's just man made symbology that anyone can understand to improve our relationship with the divine. God and spirituality ARE real. Materialism does not explain the origin of the universe or the fundamental substance of the universe. Everything is vibration of the spirit, the mental projection of God. Religions help people become spiritual, but they are limited, because they take everything literally. The whole truth can not be translated through human symbology, period. There is a way to become closer to God, but it's not religion

>All world religions are the same except one. They all say you can work/earn your way to heaven by being a good person and doing good deeds.
I don't think this is so. Islam requires obedience to gods law and of course belief in god. And doing good deeds is pretty much incidental when it comes to achieving liberation in Buddhism or Sanatana Dharma

Because the world exists but there is no reason for its existance.
Also, I do feel the difference between good and evil and finally, I know quite well the enemies of the religion (well, the one I know, chistian catholicism).

Just to be clearer, when Napoleaon kidnapped the pope he told him that he was going to destroy the church and the vatican secreatry of state replies: you majesty, if priests did not destroy it in 1800 years, you won't as well.

More or less that's it. We do not have any other hope.

There was once an indigenous tribe who suffered few of the problems of modern man. They had a strange taboo which seemed unless and arcane. Elders told that a woman could not have sex for two years after giving birth or the child would die. It wasn't until a few years after well-meaning outsiders finally convinced the tribe to drop their odd taboo that it's purpose became apparent when villagers suddenly had more mouths than they could feed for the first time in living or oral-historic memory.

Imagine following a religion that lets anyone go to heaven. Murderers, rapists, pedophiles, and thieves are meeting their victims in heaven lmao. Belief is all that's required, but some are more likely to believe due to their upbringing and genetics, meaning that others have a greater chance of going to hell than others. Some even say that they are predestined! I would hate to worship such an emotional and unfair "God." Every religion is just a cultural, dumbed down product of the real truths about God and spirituality. But this is fine, because it ensures that the proles will carry on the religions which contain the hidden truths.

>There is a way to become closer to God, but it's not religion
What is it then? Contemplation? Something elese?

>>There is a way to become closer to God, but it's not religion

That's so typical gnosticism

Read the Kybalion.

It's a fascinating subject that leads you to consider some very interesting ideas.

Atheism is simply a refusal to consider these ideas. All their arguments are based on an idiot's understanding of the subject...which makes sense since they haven't bothered to look into it.

Alas I don't know if religion being a winner by default is good enough reason for me to believe

My retardation causes me great fear of the unknown and need a faggot to tell me that i'm important