Falcon Heavy

the world's most powerful rocket will launch on Tuesday. If successful, it will usher in a new age of cheap(er) access to space for large scientific payloads. With FH, expect to see an increase in the number of launched space probes and landers.

Where would you like to send a new scientific mission the most? Asteroids? Europa? Titan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y-cv_JJOxGI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

didgeridoos and it explodes on the pad

or in midair

Obviously we're just going to send up dozens more spy satellites

back to the moon for deep mineral exploration to begin mining
>gold
>silver
>iron
>etc.

or it veers off course and flies into a city and explodes

>If successful, it will usher in a new age of cheap(er) access to space for large scientific payloads
If.

the pad is probably not going to be the failure location, if there is one. It's easy to model the vibrations etc right at launch; I'd be more worried around MaxQ where it is more difficult to determine how 3 F9 1st stages will cooperate in flight

Or it flies all the way to Japan and blows up your town

Good try nipponbro

Rollin for Kessler syndrome

Europa would be my first choice. Or a fully equipped mission to Mars dedicated to finding evidence of life. Given the presence of liquid water on both objects I think there’s a reasonable chance of finding something. It would be extremely cool to confirm that life is a common occurrence in the solar system.

los alamos.
then build a project orion NPP craft.
after that probably alpha centauri

Or it hits an airplane on the way up and the airplane falls onto an orphanage and explodes and the remains of the rocket detonate in low earth orbit and the atomic pile batteries that were meant to power the satellites inside explode and scatter radioisotopes into the jet stream and irradiate a continent with little bits of plutonium and it makes a swath of death and tumors so big that niggas eyes pop out of their heads

no kamikaze for u

if repeating numericals, tokyo gets nuked

the aliens on mars, if they are microbes in those watery areas, would be quite salty bois. It's basically brine

or maybe the mission will go off without a hitch and the payload will be a new CIA spy satellite that triangulates Sup Forums posters and bores neat little holes through their skulls with an excimer laser

congrats on the ss520 launch btw nippanon

or maybe I'll just die in my sleep

. . . .

We have archaea here on earth that live in the same level of shitty brine conditions, so that keeps me hopeful. It’s also possible that the water was once much less hostile to life. Even fossil evidence would do it for me.

F

Lol, that’s what you get douchebag.

Phobos, with a drill. It's hollow.

ok mr doomguy

>Or a fully equipped mission to Mars dedicated to finding evidence of life

There's nothing on Mars, dum dum

rip

What makes you so sure of that? Statistically speaking there’s a relatively good chance that life could have been seeded from earth or evolved in ancient Martian sea. We might as well start looking there.

Because its obvious when planets have life. Mars is dead.

For the majority of time life was on Earth it was just about invisible single and multicell organisms.

>For the majority of time life was on Earth it was just about invisible single and multicell organisms.

Yes, and it was clear life existed because the atmosphere showed it

I'm ok with this outcome really

So mars is useless for billions more years?

Think before you type.

in 2 years probably the circunnavegation of the moon and may be in 5-8 years landing on the moon,,usa is really exceptionally shitty and glorious when corrupt politician dont give a shit and idealist appear making the dream of the nation came true

I was thinking they would have more issues modeling how three first stages would behave approaching and passing Mach 1. I think the vibrations at that point could rip it apart if they messed up the aero

but never can compared to 60s usa
youtube.com/watch?v=y-cv_JJOxGI
you were so so great i hope china take that idealistic views and make the humanity proud

>access to space for large scientific payloads.

And what would those be? I do not know of a single payload requiring the Falcon Heavy. Not to mention that the costs of a 50ton scientific spacecraft would be in the billions for sure, so launch costs would be irrelevant.

The only reason why the FH makes sense is human space exploration, specifically a return to lunar missions. SpaceX could provide 20 and more missions a year to supply a lunar station.

not if your mother replies to this post

the thing is 50ton payloads don't need to be billions of dollars, if you can launch them for a sweet 90 mil.

>we know whats under the surface

There’s complex life in the Sahara desert, fossils under the ice sheets of Antarctica, and archaea along the time of undersea volcanos. It’s never obvious with anything in biology.

Very few ore on moon. When orpheus collided with proto earth, it loss almost every heavy minerals.

And why is that? Launch costs are never more than a few percent, the payload itself is what is expensive. The JWST is 9 bn for a reason and the Ariane 5 can easily launch it for 100mil.

werent they supposed to send some billionaires around the moon?

in 2018, yes. Still not much known about them - they know each other, and they are not from Hollywood.

you can launch multiple satellites on the same rocket, lowering the cost
also moon base 2020

Lets see if we can discover intelligent life o Africa.

Are you saying that mars needs little green men to be useful?

Not one image. Sad.

>Where would you like to send a new scientific mission the most?
into the white house

>the world's most powerful rocket will launch on Tuesday.
Jesus christ, fuck off Murica with your propaganda.

current most powerful, in terms of payload (in expendable config)

sure, SV and Energia could throw more to LEO, but those aren't around any more