One Piece

Are you satisfied with how Sanji's family drama was handled this arc?

No

Wanted to see him kick their faces in. Otherwise yeah.

Why not?

I actually really felt bad for Sanji in his flashback but since he's proven himself to be a cunt(beating the shit out of his captain, insulting his crew) I feel like this cuckish response from him makes sense.

I wanted to see them get BTFO initially but Sanji's jobbing and general shit attitude made me okay with this resolution. However, there is still more of their drama to come.

No, but it could be worse.

Year of Jinbe 's death

I was already disappointed when Sanji decided to leave the crew. I thought they were already past that type of shit after Enies Lobby and Robin.

I always want things to go edgier than they should.

If they didn't do anything underhanded, could he beat them all?

For new thread.

>44 chapters between the beginning of Alabasta and the start of the Crocodile fight
>47 chapters between the beginning of Skypiea and the start of the Enel fight
>82 chapters between the beginning of Dressrosa and the start of the Doffy fight
>45 chapters between the beginning of Whole Cake and the start of the Big Mom fight
Looks like Oda came to his senses after the Dressrosa debacle

Somebody do this even more thorougly.

>Not liking 2-year exposition

that was the purpose of showing his fight vs judge. judge landed several of his named attacks and sanji was just smoken and thinken

reminder that the dog zombie literally raped nami

Daily reminder that BigMEME is going down

did he put penis in vagoo tho?

I do.

The power ranger shit was weird and looked like shit. Other than that it was fine

honestly this arc is getting worst by the chapter.i thought dressrosa was the bottom but this shit is just a pile of shite.
so much build up only to rush through it like a mofo. giving oda rest was a mistake

why?

How do you guys feel about Oda deciding to split the crew up these past two arcs? Honestly I'm kinda indifferent on it. It feels like he's trying to do the thing Togashi does with HxH, but it just doesn't work with OP as well.

i thought power ranger stuff was bretty cool

if we being honest everything has been subpar since the time skip

Gives more room for subplots and twists.

Think it was a good idea, gave time to explore other crew dynamics. Oda clearly did a great job with Brook but really should have expanded on Chopper's character. Nami hopefully gets some highlights as well.

Wtf you talking about? Arc has been getting progressively better. Only people who dont like it now are escapefags

You are the first person I've seen who said this arc is being rushed through.

he's not.

what bege, giants, jinbe, germa, wedding, not enough for you huh

You have the comparisons for CP9 arc/Lucci, Thriller Bark/Moria, and Fishman Island/Hody, and Punk Hazard/Caesar?

>The plan Is to escape. It doesn't matter how much you fucking want to see BM wreck the SH's ir Is not happening. We are escaping. Even now that Luffy and Sanji came out, they came out to help the Vinsmoke cover Capone/Ceasar's escape.

This is what escapefags actually believe.

Yeah. I just love it when the Strawhats are together more than when they are split apart I guess. Giving them more to bounce off each other and stuff. I miss Usopp and Robin.

I'm just saying that more time gives more room for these things

Every person I heard before him thought it's a fresh and return to form after Dressrosa, especially the pacing.

I really don't get what's so rushed about this arc. It's been built up enough and the pay-offs came punctually. It's been flowing with a steady pace so far. The speed feels no faster than Thriller Bark.

Yeah. The problem with OP is that its much better read as a marathon than chapter by chapter. I think if we wait a few years and reread this arc, them being seperated actually enhances the plot by giving more time and character development to other crewmates.

It was very stupid, with one of the most cliched childhood flashbacks ever.
Also, another crew member leaving because the safety of the crew? Why did we have to see this again?
Zeff possibly getting assassinated should of been the only reason why Sanji would leave, and he should of said really clear with the letter, and not the vague stupid shit that he would of known Luffy would completely ignore.

>Wtf

Fuck off back to MAL/ANN or lurk more before posting.

Wtf? How about you fuck off and uh.. stop being so anal. I can say whatever I want, as can you. This isn't your safe space snowflake.

Everything has been about the same as usual. The Whitebeard War happened right before the timeskip, anything except skipping straight to Luffy v. Akainu is gonna seem weak and anticlimactic.

Big Mom is the red herring Yonko anyway. Whitebeard was a plot point, Kaido is the big mean baddie of the original four and Shanks has his own things going on with the main characters. Mom is just an transitional antagonist in an expository arc. The stuff we've learned about the workings of the Underworld is more important to the overall plot of the entire story than either Sanji or Big Mom's pasts.

This. I want to see Chopper and Nami get more spotlight

They have no hope of taking down full Yonkou army without Zoro and Franky.

Not completely, but overall it's still been enjoyable and I believe there's still more to come, once they're out of the immediate danger of Big Mom's tea party.

At times there's been a bit too much repetition, in addition to not enough time between Judge and Sanji who are the really interesting parts of the whole thing. That being due to them being the only Vinsmokes with the full freedom of emotion (Reiju is to some extent, but has a rather dismissive response to things), as well as Sanji being one of the main cast (so we're more emotionally invested in him) and Judge having the interesting history and motives. Reiju has been enjoyable too, I like her and Sanji's interactions, she's just been in a few of those repetitive scenes.

Ideally I would have liked to have learnt a bit more about Judge, his relationship with Sanji and the effect it had on Sanji as a person so we could seen him deal with that over the course of the sub plot. The conflict between sacrifice for others vs pursuit of benefits for oneself being a way for that to be explored.

Outside of that, the confrontation in this chapter would have benefited from being longer, to have had Judge show some resistance or had his reason for going outside of Bege expanded on more. I think we'll get another scene regarding this though, or at least I'm hoping we do.

It doesn't reach the heights of the later arcs of pre time-skip, but it still remains enjoyable in the same manner One Piece has always been at.

Zou and this arc are doing pretty good. Fishman Island all the way to Dressrosa are indeed pretty subpar, though.

The problem really lies with the fact that the Vinesmoke are boring characters as a whole and only stem to serve for Sanji's character growth so you wind up not caring for them since they're all just cunts (except Reiju) so the moment Sanji rejects them come off more as "can we move along" than a triumph. I'm more interested into what Oda does with Pudding since she's been built up pretty well throughout this arc.

She escapes with the SH's eventually. Would actually ruin her character if Oda includes another plot twist and makes her an asspull BB spy.

>Lucci: 34 chapters, 87 if you start counting from the Water 7 arc instead of the Enies Lobby arc (but they're generally considered separate arcs)
>Gekkoh Moria: ~36 chapters (depends on what you consider the start of the fight)
>Hody: 38 chapters
>Caesar: 35 chapters

>Also, another crew member leaving because the safety of the crew? Why did we have to see this again?
>Zeff possibly getting assassinated should of been the only reason why Sanji would leave, and he should of said really clear with the letter, and not the vague stupid shit that he would of known Luffy would completely ignore.
Seriously this. I was disappointed as fuck.

one piece is a romance and romance works with poetry. Oda deliberately choses to repeat events from the past exemple : Crocodile being exposed to the light and Doflamingo being schooled to the ground. One lurking in the shadows while the other acting like a false God. Either that or he just lazy and I am giving him too much credit

I think everyone can agree the Vinsmoke family sub-plot has been the weakest part of this arc. But honestly I actually really like Reiju and Judge's relationship with Sanji. The brothers are painfully boring though.

So the Mariejois arc is going to be coming up after this one, right? Anyone else really looking forward to the boss fight against Akainu / the Elder Stars in a month or two?

>It was very stupid, with one of the most cliched childhood flashbacks ever.

The fuck were you expecting, James Joyce? It's a goofy children's cartoon, they're gonna go with the most obvious, basic plot with the simplest, most stereotypical motivations possible and be drawn ridiculously while doing it.

>ANN
anime news network?

Is there any arc better than Impel Down?

>Luffy working with his past enemies
>Bon-Chan
>growing friendship between 3 and Buggy
>Magellan being an undefeated boss
>lots of new and fun characters
>dat Hannyabal scene
>antagonists being 100% right in their actions

he's just a shitposter, doing it on purpose

Honestly feel it hasn't added anything of value to his character or the story so far. We got everything the character needed with his ordeal with Zeff as a kid.

Obviously Oda is going for a redemption payoff, but he probably could've done that type of narration without the need to introduce more characters.

>children
No it's not. Can't believe people are misreading One Piece this hard. It's a comedy geared towards young adult boys.

The arc has been pretty good for Nami I'd say; she's displayed her ability to manage the crew in difficult situations, teamed with some impressive displays of power that will likely dictate the role she plays in the future, from a combat perspective.The most recent chapter in particular had a good moment for Nami when she confronted Luffy before he could recklessly charge out.

I also like the idea of having her and Usopp acting more as supports rather than direct combatants. It seems like a great way to deal with the potential difficulties in making fights for them, given how many members of the Straw Hats can fight at this point. I'm just hoping that Robin gets some more love in the combat department, if Nami isn't actively fighting I'd like Robin to get some joy in that regard.

>last week: Luffy running through stone corridor shouting "AAAACE"
>this week: Luffy running through stone corridor shouting "AAAACE"
>next week: Luffy running through stone corridor shouting "AAAACE"
Truly the epitome of adventure and excitement that One Piece has always given its fans.

pudding was handled like shit "muh" childhood banter meeeeh.
sanji family are just unmemorable turds besides his sister.
luffy is going to team up with every supernova confirmed.
mom's crew being underwhelmingly inefficient

>doesn't understand the comedic genius of oda
Why do you even read One Piece?

That scene was so ham-fisted.
No way Sanji's dad would let him hold him like this. Not even that: Sanji wouldn't reach him, as this manga has the ridiculous trope of everyone being abnormally big and Sanji has irl human size.

>but they're generally considered separate arcs

I disagree with this. Both have the same threat and make a single story line.

I feel the protagonist team grew too big and now he HAS to do that.
NextNakamafags are fucking desillusional. What Oda can do now, at most, is having "guests". Like we already see with Jinbe, Law, Caesar, the lion, the rabbit and so on.

so, in terms of who did the most so far during this arc (in descending order):

-brook: we all know what he did
-luffy: beat one sweet commander with the help of nami, was the main party crasher and showed caramel's broken picture to big mom
-jinbe: defeated opera, freed spme of the straw hats and fought some of big mom's sons
-nami: carried luffy on her back in the seducing woods with her vivre card and teamed up with him in defeating cracker. she also provided the raid suits to the vinsmokes (we don't know if she effectively stole them or not tho)
-chopper and carrot: defeated and captured brulee who was another major plot point for the strawhats' temporary escape and for crashing the tea party after
-pedro: defeated tamago and served as a distraction for brook's infiltration. fought various big mom's forces
-sanji: basically nothing until the tea party when he managed to free his family from perospero's candy. he also seems to have taken care of his family stuff, finally

everything is correct?

I wouldn't say Sanji's flashback weak.

Don't know what you mean with Pudding. Why do you not like how she was handled? I thought her being a total bitch because of literally the worst mother in the world makes sense.
Agree with Sanji's family. Although I still like Judge's subversion with him being a total crybaby. He lost his chance at accomplishing his dream.
BM's crew is the most impressive pirate subordinates we've seen in the series.
Luffy won't team up with every supernova. He probably won't even meet Urouge.

Bege, you nigger.

I think Judge and Reiju are interesting, the former more so than the latter mind you. They just didn't get enough time to show that as fully as they perhaps should have, particularly Judge. Had Judge and Sanji had an extra chapter focused on their relationship and past before they reached WCI, I think much could have been gained.

That and having Pudding the mix as well meant there was always going to be less screen time for them to work with. As you said though, I was more interested in learning more about Pudding and how she was going to play into the arc as a whole as well as in her interactions and influences on Sanji.

I would imagine both her and Judge will get a bit more time with Sanji before the arc ends, so I'm looking forward to what that brings.

I would put Chopper and Carrot above Nami, the mirror world was way too critical for the Brook rescue and infiltration.

The vivre card can be attributed more to Lola anyway, she just had it in her possession.

Not necesseraly related but Jinbe had the best moment when BM fruit didn't work on him.

Please, it was forced drama to the max.
Judge going down a laundry list on why Sanji was shit to his face just to try to pull the audience's heart strings was fucking stupid.
Not to mention the "You'll find your nakama someday!" line from Reiju was the most cringe worthy shit ever.

Agree, but the vinsmokes themselves are kinda being out shined this arc

Dont get all the hate for WCI here. Best arc in one piece so far. This is where all the world building that oda has done has started to pay off and things can only get more intense from here on out.

Subplots of Pudding and Sanji. Sanji's backstory and confrontation between Luffy/Sanji was handled very well.

Brook had an amazing role and Nami showed just how useful she can be in fights and how important she is in terms of the crew dynamic. Pedro and Jimbe had impressive moments and Pedro especially honds intrigue(why were they looking for Road poneglyph?)

Chopper and Carrot were the weak links imo, and they both had very little character development.

But besides that point the biggest highlight by far is BigMom who is imo, the best antagonist the SH's have faced ever. A legitimately scary Godzilla like cannibal autist. Her backstory was very interesting and she has clearly shown the strength of a Yonko.

Things can only get better from here imo.

Man, I hope they don't pull an "OMG! Zoro was the son of [important people] all along". That shit is stupid and got old.
It's enough that they already hinted it with Franky. Everyone in that fucking crew is the son of someone important, wow, just great.

>Zorofags so desperately want their character to be normal, thereby actually being the special snowflake in the crew b/c all others have "important backstories"

>forced drama

I haven't heard this meme in a while. I thought everyone on Sup Forums forgot about it.

>implying he won't
All the old crew members have been getting backstory upgrades for a while.

Yes

Nami, Chopper, Brook, and Franky don't have meme parentage.

I don't think we'll get any backstory regarding Zoro's origin.

I can bet his master is from Wano, though.

They're all post-East Blue crew mates and don't need it yet.

>Nami
Not revealed
>Chopper
A fucking reindeer
Brook
>Is old af, parentage doesnt matter but likely has ties to revolutionary army
Frankie
>Not revealed yet

All will probably end up having "important" backstories instead of being literal whos.

I really like Big Mom. It's funny because all of Luffy's major enemies have been really smart, and I always wondered how someone like Luffy, who is a total idiot would manage becoming the PK. With BM, Luffy isn't the only strong retard in the series. It's interesting.

Don't lie to yourself user, it's for children, 8 to 18. That's not young adult. Not here, not in Japan.

>Why do you not like how she was handled?
Not that guy, but I think most everyone would agree that the kiss of oath scene with Pudding was pretty damn ham-fisted. I think the idea of her past being similar to Sanji's was a really good one, examining how two similar situations can garner vastly different responses and subsequent effects later in life. It would be a great way for the two to connect. However, it should have been handled better as it came across as far too easy a reaction at the time, given what we saw of her in her bitch mode, teamed with conflicting with what we knew of Big Mom's whole deal with diversity in Totto Land.

BM isn't retarded though. Because she clearly knows how to play strategy. However she is mentally ill, as is Luffy in a way so theres a good contrast.

You can bet your ass Franky will.
Wouldn't surprise me if Nami was the missing daughter of [importante people] that Bellemere saved.

Fuck Oda, godamn it. Luffy didn't need to be a son of Dragon, Dragon himself son of Garp and Ace of Roger. The whole D. shit will hardly pay off in the end, it sounds stupid and is given cheaply to characters like Law (who didn't need to be shichibukai for his role).

Make up your mind already. Either it is for children. Or it is for young adult boys. You can't pretend there's no distinction there. Are you female by any chance?

Oda just made it clear that he's gonna fight Kizaru by the end of the series.

I guess Green Bull will be another swordman because no way Fuji will stay a marine after using his gravity powers to cheat with the dice gambling that allowed Law and Luffy to escape.

This. I WADDA COOK had no impact too because it was literally Robin 2.0

I laughed a little because we all saw it coming. The "characters have to be upset at each other and how it happens is basically inconsequential" thing is already done by Hollywood every day, Oda. We didn't need it here. The Strawhats are way past shit like this.

honestly, i don't know how i would rank bege. i mean, he came up with the assassination plan but after all, it was still a flawed plan from the beginning and it failed miserably in the end. he helped in slowing down katakuri from grabbing luffy but so did jinbe and pedro, i guess betraying mom takes some big balls? but even that, jinbe did it in front of big mom herself and declearing it to the entire world
vito was also the one who disposed bobbin while bege shot pekoms who was later saved by jinbe's crew

but, the big dad transformation is something at least. he was tanking big mom's punches for almost two chapters and he was the one who also came up with the escape plan... we still don't know how will that turn out tho

Nami will probably end up being extremely important when her past is revealed. Remember that Oda did initally want her to be second mate and her past is intentionally left vague for a good reason. It's a standard trope to have primary female lead end up having some super important background so wouldn't be surprised at all if Oda went in that direction. Given that he clearly has a boner for that character.

You need to learn how to read.

Okay, let's recap.

Luffy
>Dragon's son and Garp's randson
Usopp
>Yasopp's son
Sanji
>A Vinsmoke
Robin
>An Ohara survivor
Jinbe
>An orphan, grew up among fellow fishmen

Nami, Brook, Zoro, and Franky are the ones not fully revealed yet.

I mean Bege admitted himself that the straw hats basically did everything in the plan and then Bege failed his own part. Gotta wonder what he was planning had the straw hats not allied with him.

I'm sorry I'm not following. Kiss of oath scene? You mean how Sanji didn't freak out with Pudding's eye? Idk I thought it was fine. Her being caught off guard due to Sanji's niceness makes sense and resolves the conflict without making Sanji do something out of character like kicking her.
I also think BM's deal with the diversity thing makes sense as well, considering her backstory shows she doesn't fully understand the dream Mother Caramel said. BM being an idiot and a hypocrite when it comes to insulting pudding is interesting cause it shows BM doesn't fully understand what she wants, and is only borrowing this dream from Caramel. We haven't seen something like that before.

Tbf Sanji clearly needed some character development and his connection to Luffy wasn't really cememented that deeply. Oda spent time making Zoro 100% loyal to Luffy(Mihawk, Kuma) whereas with Sanji he didn't do anything. Sanji clearly needed something like this imo, though their reconciliation should have been handeled differently(though I dont think its finished yet)

>Are you female by any chance?
No.
Also, you must be bait or retarded, so you are on your own.