Adults who still play video games

The last year I have realized some of my friends are dorks. They spend thousands on their computers and games. They buy every single new game that comes out, and spend no time at all in their days to think about our society, their God and their future. What has happened. Why have these fags become addicted to this shit and lost their Lord. They are like heroin addicts, even though I have 100s of times more money than them (Been investing and saving for years) I rarely upgrade my PC, yet they use every school welfare check they get and use it on their PC's. Currently I am trying to avoid them, don't invite them to parties, and rarely answer their phone calls since these fags are lost. How do we deal with this issue of men becoming addicted to child hobbies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OI-9iMrWRrw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>ds on their computers and games. They buy every single new game that comes out, and spend no time at all in their days to think about our society, their God and their future. What has happened. Why have these fags become addicted to
some friend you are.

>computers and games
Fun, stimulating
>think about our society, their God and their future
Gay, boring

Spotted the 35 year old gamer boy.

Games are the ultimate storytelling medium, pleb.

Go play Morrowind for once in your life.

>and lost their Lord.

Which one? There's thousands of religions and belief systems.

you sound like one of those ancient greek degenerates that thought writing things down would corrupt the youth

weak bait

There is only ONE Lord, heathen.

make new friends and don't worry about what other fags do youre not going to be able to control them

You’re right. I bet they’re also getting fat, too, from the sedentary lifestyle.

Imagine if your kids become of this sort? No wife, No job and worst of all no kids.

The industry is bound for another crash in the AAA sphere at least. I haven't bought a game since Dark Souls II because I'm unwilling to support the loot box practices that everyone is putting into their titles.

I'll wait until things calm down in five years time. I'll probably have enough free time to enjoy playing them again too. Don't support the industry if (((they))) want you to gamble to play it.

Like in all things, moderation.
Videogames are not the problem, its your friends weakness for allowing such a hobby to take control of him instead of him controlling his hobby.
Unfortunately it is like a heroin addict in the sense that you can not help them until hold the desire to want to help themselves.

>159211555
Checked =. Also can confirm Morrowind OP as fuck. Maybe I'm just a crusty old fuck, but old games story telling top tier, very few new games have any real content which is why I stopped gaming mostly. Save for like Witcher series and the like.

Yeah well, every member of a religion says that. Depends totally on your perspective.

You Austrians really turned gay since the Fuhrer died

>How do we deal with this issue of men becoming addicted to child hobbies?
Child hobbies? Playing game with violence, nudity or else, isn't child hobbies.

Go back to your snowmobile/car/motocross and waste some gasoline going nowhere.

>Imagine if your kids become of this sort? No wife, No job and worst of all no kids.
Muhammed, you make no sense.

The only reason that makes you mad is because you are one them. Next you're going to tell me that games are sports.

If you aren't playing grand strategy by 25, you're a faggot.

>don't invite them to parties

>child hobbies

Because nothing says "big boy" like drinking yourself into a stupor and fucking some passed out skag at a "party".

Yep. Of all the problems your country has, people playing video games is top of the list.

>their Lord

user, for fucks sake this is embarrassing

playing video games after 16 is purely shameful

youtube.com/watch?v=OI-9iMrWRrw

>Morrowind is considered an “old game”
Hello underage. If it can’t be talked about on /vr/, it isn’t old. Morrowind is slightly less shitty than oblivion and Skyrim but it’s still well within the “these games are all shit” era.

Party: a social gathering of invited guests, typically involving eating, drinking, and entertainment.
You find God embarrassing?

Anyway OP there’s nothing wrong with having a vice/outlet as long as you aren’t overdoing it. I 100% guarantee you nobody on this board is living a 100% deep virtuous philosophical life. Whether it be video games, movies, watching sports, shitposting on Sup Forums, etc., we all have at least one way we relax that is 0% productive.
Plus I largely only play with my son at this point, anyway.

Vidya is literally the worst possible medium for storytelling.

The number of games with worthwhile stories can be counted on one hand.

I don't mind you playing a couple of hours here and there. But these men are addicted.

>people should stop enjoying things and have cliche, boring interests just to please me and my idea of what constitutes an adult

>Like in all things, moderation.

Exactly. I'm a professional with a full-time job, I'm engaged and I have an active social life. I've traveled the world. I play PC games about seven to eight hours a week (that'll probably change once I have kids, though).

If gaming is keeping you from growing as a person, yea, it's harmful and you need to cut back on the time you invest in it. If you're still growing as a person and you play games once in awhile, then I see no harm in that.

Last year at my office all of our paralegals were playing Pokémon go. These are 25-30 year old women. We had to send out an email advising them that anyone caught playing it at work would be subject to termination lol. THAT is an example of gaming harming your life.

They're perfect consumers. They're living the dream that corporations want all of you to live. So stop thinking and join them.

>spending time of leisurely activities
"OMG FUCKING DEGENERATE SOYBOY!!!!!!!!! KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK"

>The last year I have realized some of my friends are dorks

I just turned 30 and I don't know a single guy my age who plays video games yet pol bitches about this topic constantly.

I used to think most people were like me and everyone making these threads just had strange friends, but since these threads come up so fucking often, I'm starting to think I'm the strange one.

How about, people should stop wasting their lives on virtual shit and apply that energy and time on a job?

I play the occasional game with my wife and/or her parents, am I doing something wrong?

How else do you think they afford those gaming rigs and games, you dipshit.

>get a job
>make a decent wage
>use some of it on vidya for entertainment
>some bbc sucking swede on an anonymous rhodesian rabbit rustling forum spergs out because you spent your personal time plaing video games instead of doing what he likes

I play VN's from time to time and i have a gf.
But I agree people spending all the time with videogames are degenerate as fuck. Everything in moderation.

Yeah, noticed the same at the new warehouse job I got.
>Everyone, ages ranging from 20 to late 30s plays videogames
>The discussions range from latest hardware to games and television series (Game of thrones, black mirror etc)
>Unfit, even though the job offers plenty of free exercise opportunities.

Absolutely no drive, just content to wallow in what they have as long as they've got the money to keep the games coming.

I still enjoy older games on my PC, but I can't get into things like I used to. I like Metroidvania style games and old console games. Even then I'm not "into" it anymore. I don't own a console, but I do plan on upgrading my PC, simply because I feel like a newer CPU with better security features would help me out a lot.

I'm more interested in buying some land, building a small house on it and becoming self-sufficient.

A lot of my friends are still way too involved in video games, I think, or just media in general. Social media hasn't helped.

Video games are for idiots

Why are you mad? Is it because somebody is questioning your shitty lifestyle?

I only play Adult video games.

No, if it connects you guys its good, aslong as you don't start classifying yourself as a "gamer" you're on the better side.

kek

There's nothing wrong with video games.
If your friends are doing a good job and can easily afford to buy a computer and games, who the fuck cares?
Personally I prefer video games, especially indie games, over any of the trash the jewish media is pushing on us on the tv.
I get to fire up a fine shooter like the new doom or a fun as fuck action-rpg like dark souls and for hours I get entertainment with no agendas or any bullshit.
It's fantastic.
It's pure entertainment like I wanted and paid for.

>be a nerd with no friends
>buy games
>never open or play them because what's the point

Ammended:
With that said there are agenda pushing games like the new wolfenstein or almost anything with a female protagonist that you have to look out for.

Yeah, but they use the welfare checks they get for going to class. Not work.

Alright, in that case that's rather disgusting

> be gamer
> all friends are fat and also gamers
> Only talk about games around your peers
> Your whole existence is questioned by a fag on Sup Forums
> Start screaming autistically and throw the chicken nuggets your mom made you

I play war thunder and flight sims but I always keep in mind how easily vodua can become Soma and do my best to limit how long I spend on them. My best friend since childhood is a massive gamer and it's a fucking waste, he's one of the smartest and hardest working people I've known when he puts his mind to it but he's so blackpilled on his prospects and society on general his world had shrunk down to just games over the years. It can be just as bad as a drug of you don't watch yourself

You know this makes me think of back when I started developing games myself and I had quite the dream.

My thoughts were:
>We haven't had the Shakespeare or Steven Spielberg of video games yet

I mean we have good games, but I feel like the medium can be so much more than just games.
Hell, sometimes I wonder if it's a consequence of the label "video game."
I mean here we have a medium with video, sound and text.
We should be able to craft some magnificent and mature entertainment out of this, but we just haven't yet.
And I honestly haven't either, but I do still believe the potential is there.
Part of it is probably just the fact that video games are still young,
maybe in 50 years or so they will be nothing like the ones we play today, who knows.

46 years old here. Got a 3DS for Christmas. Go fuck yourself you pretentious arrogant faggot.

>almost anything with a female protagonist
It really sucks that they had to become so obsessed with MUH FEMINISM in games. We already had badass female characters before but god forbid they’re not genderqueer Dyke-haircut-wearing lesbians.

not at all

video games are one of the few remaining places for men to relax and escape the crap
the tragedy is not that they are played by grown men, but rather that even that area is invaded by libs and feminists

>video games are one of the few remaining places for men to relax and escape the crap

You're a weak pussy, and like you just admitted video games are escapism. You're not a real man if you waste hours of your life on video games, you could've learned a valuable skill.

It really sucks and is such a step backwards.
Metroid was fun as hell.
I did like Lara Croft in the second-last tomb raider though,
I felt like they did a good job making her into a brave human instead of a mary sue.
I don't know what she's like in the newest one though.

If you ever relax you're a hypocrite

real men learn valuable skills, all day long, no exception.

Get good leisure activities.
Playing videogames and watching anime aren't even activities, you're just consuming media.
A good hobby is one that benefits you after you're done with it. Lifting, studying another language, martial arts, politics, etc.

Because even retards know god isn't real. They are nerdy faggots but seem content with it and they aren't bothering anyone. You are no better than the sjw's bothering normal people who want to be left the fuck alone after a hard days work.

Rich when posted by burger

Funny how every gamer here justifies it by "dude i only play like 30 mins a day". I don't believe you. You've probably sunk days upon days of your life into video games, now thats fuckin sad lol

>Complains about people spending their time playing vidya
>Spends his time posting on an anonymous sudanese yodeling forum

How can you go to a digital playhouse where you vent off from the real world and not consider suicide?
This is a sign of a collapsing society.

kek, I wish I played daily, but sadly I spend way too much time arguing about bullshit on Sup Forums.

>god isn't real

Go back to plebbit, i bet you LOVE rick and morty and your video games you utter manchild.

>I do x in moderation
>"no you don't "

That's the end of that then

>Having imaginary friends as an adult
>Not embarrassing

who the fuck are you virtue signalling to you fucking can't play loser bitch

What do you base the claim for the upcoming crash on? Vidya is very profitable and the PS4/Switch are selling very well.

Just because you didn't buy a copy of dark souls 3 doesn't mean. The multi-billion dollar industry is gonna die overnight.

Minecraft just sold 144 million copies too lmao

What if you do it as a job like PDP or some shit?

I'm sure you played in moderation your whole life? You totally don't have hundreds of hours racked up on steam, lmao.

Says the Manchild thinking his imaginary friend is real lmao

Hey no loot boxes in dark souls 3.
Give it a go man, its great.
Also if you're into shooters, Doom is one of the most bullshit-free and fun shooters to come out since unreal tournament.

>u mad
its like 2006 all over

No, I don't even watch tv. I personally don't even give a fuck if god's real and it's my right to feel that way. Go crawl back to your collectivist shithole where you want everyone to think and behave like you do.

i'm going to drop out of life for this shit, assuming they don't fuck it up with community driven updates.

Women spend their time riding on the cocks of the top 20% of guys, so the bottom 80% of guys need something to spend their time with. Why not video games?

I play in bursts, but that's how I do everything really.
I work hard for 2 weeks, all day and night with hardly any sleep.
Once I burn out I spend a few days playing video games and get my energy back, then I work again.
Is it ideal? Probably not, but it seems to work out.

you don't want vanilla back, you want 2004 back
you can never go home, friendo

They are still working on world of warcraft?
Can't believe that game hasn't died yet.

Cumulatively yes, that's still in moderation day to day. This isn't difficult leaf come on now

Because "muh race mutha fukka", "muh heritage" "muh mgtow is a jewish plan nigga"

This.

>You're a weak pussy, and like you just admitted video games are escapism
of course
>You're not a real man if you waste hours of your life on video games, you could've learned a valuable skill.
I discard that opinion. It is perfectly fine to indulge in a bit of escapism, because I am not a robot, and life sucks enough.

i guess that's why i played on nostalrius for close to 2 years, 12+ hours a day. it was just nostalgia goggles right?

Let's be honest, 2004 was a great year to be alive.

>worships kike on a stick
>sad over hitler dying
0 sense

Get of a load this faggot

Unreal tournament 2004 was fucking fantastic too.

Post moar milkies

I didn't need to know this existed

It won't die for many years as long as it's still making money. Even Everquest 1 still has players.

I can't imagine what kind of boring souless husk of a person would be under 40 and not enjoy video games.

welcome aboard

I didn't play games, but I was about 18 at the time and remember how the world was before smartphones became a thing. We really are in some type of bizarro world now compared to those days.

Video games are only justifiable in a social setting, it is some engaging to fo with friends when going outside is not desirable for whatever reason. Multiplayer games can be seen as a less version of sports, the point is that you are spending time with friends doing something you enjoy. Single-player games can be seen as watching a movie or doing a puzzle, it's alright maybe once a week but more than that gets a bit weird.

This is what I don't get about you people. Why don't you get some good escapism?
Go camping and learn some survival skills, go fishing, I don't know.
Combine business with pleasure. They are not mutually exclusive.