Once Popular Anime that are now Obscure

R+V is obscure now

So she's now obscure waifu.

Is Minami-Ke obscure yet?

no, delet

How about Sora no Otoshimono?
I didn't watch it, all I know is it had the most fappable promo art.

>R+V
>Anime
>Popular
More like infamous for being both the worst show and adaptation ever seen.

I could see myself knowing these chicks, but I can't make them waifus by any stretch of the imagination. Like can you even has a sensible conversation with any of these broads?

Mizore was always more popular

pic related

Only Sohara is pretty obscure.

I'd still a Kurumu.

Pretty much every 2000s battle harem yeah

Good times. And still going.

Boss got fired.

Man, I don't even remember the name of this show, or even what it was about and I watched all of it.

Those character designs make me want to punch myself in the face for looking at them.

Do you remember the Otaku shitstorm?

If only the manga had been more popular here.

Riiight, Kannagi. Good times.

>Same face with different haircuts
Doing anime/manga was so easy at the time.

What's funny is that the MC doesn't really have any meaningful conversations with them either. They each spout their nonsense and get all emotional on him, then profess their love, while he sits there being a generic scrub the whole time. Seriously, 70% of his personality is "m-muh Moka".

The ending was hilarious to me, though, since it turns out he was in love with vampire bitch's mom the whole time.

It wasn't too bad. Kind of like a discount Ouran.

What about GA? I try to rewatch it at least once every couple years.

Hayate. Was once one of the gateway anime of the mid-2000s, got barely any attention when its manga ended few months ago

waifus waifuing waifus

Fruits Basket

It was just a case where the manga went on for so long that everyone just forgot about it or stopped caring. It went to shit fast as soon as they moved into that apartment.

Forgot pic

that mangaka went on to make a manga about cute girls relatively similar to the angeloids playing golf. it's relaxing, when they aren't hitting erect dicks with golf clubs.

I rarely see Soul Eater mentioned anymore.

I think people my age would probably remember it if I name dropped it, but it's probably forgotten in the sense that it isn't at the forefront of anyone's minds.

Nah I'd say it's pretty relevant to middle school girls still along with Vampire Knight and Black Butler and such

Both had pretty shit endings though. Granted R+V got kind of better in the second half when it switched genres, but still lame endings.

Evangelion
Ergo Proxy
Haruhi

For a series with the word "reborn" in the title, it sure is dead.

One of Rie K's best performances? I doubt it.

Infinite Stratos suffered from the LN author being slow as shit, which completely snuffed out the momentum it had from its surprisingly successful first season. It never deserved the popularity however.

It gets recommended quite a bit.
Since it ended in '04 it was too early to get the "blockbuster treatment" from Sup Forums.

Didn't the author turn her into a legit slut?

Would you call this a summerfag thread?

All these threads do is make me upset over what a shit show Nyaa's in and what cunts Baka are

This was also one of those ubiquitous mid-2000s shows. Still gets mentioned for how awesome Harima was and the shipping wars, but it's not as big as 10 years ago.

pre 2010's Sup Forums was best Sup Forums

>there will never be a spinoff about Mel taking naps

FEELS BAD KAMI NII-SAMA

Shaman King

No one talks about Ao no Exorcist anymore

Air Gear

Because it's a bad series. MC has Satan powers but barely does anything with it, little bro is boring and main girl is shit. It has no saving grace.

Darker than Black was huge on Sup Forums 10 years ago

Are they done calling it Underwater Ray Romano?

It's obscure now? Now I've lost it.

The Unlimited airing was the first and last time I got to actively talk about this series with Sup Forums.

Wasn't here when the first anime aired.

Ill never be done calling it that

Reminder it's been 13 years

New Mai-series when dammit

Some of the episode were the funniest shit I've ever seen

and the game were great too, for its time

When I first got into anime the blue-haired girl from FMP was pretty popular, don't know if the show itself was popular though

Considering I found this on my own without Sup Forums's help, yeah it's obscure.

kek

Mai is old and busted, Anty-chan is the real queen of Sup Forumsrika

Yakitake Japan

Nigger there's been three RosaVam threads on Sup Forums in the past two days.

S4 threads could barely stay alive.

>R+V is obscure now
>obscure now
>now

>Arika is old and busted

Fixed

I'll admit to playing the gameboy games and really liking them.

Kanu is a waste of a character design in this show

Baka to Test

I never see anybody talk about Baka to Test, obscure as shit but I still loved it

Does Escaflowne still get love?

Tenjou Tenge

Gonna admit, I kinda checked out of that series once it hit the "Baking bread is causing global warming" arc

My Bride is a Mermaid

baka to test gave me my trap fetish, along with this other forgotten anime

God, did they even finish translating this?

No. One volume left and they couldn't even bother.
Even dark horse dropped it midway like they did with zombie shop reiko.

Still mad this had an open end when MC/Moka and Mizore/Kurumu were supposed to be the endgames. At least the witch ended with the Chinese guy.

>open end

You what? Moka loses to her FUCKING MOM

Here's an example.

It's still moderately well-known in my country.

That takes me back.

The Moka he loved was the dead mom clone, she can't lose to herself.

Early 2000s is the time of forgotten waifus

chii turns on
chii turns off
chii turns on
chii turns off

Yeah, it's a classic. Not obscure. People still talk about it now and then.

>once the #1 anime for all the fujo out there and a major entry point for many anime fans
>most non-fujo fans drop the anime past a certain point because of the horrible pacing and repetitive plot
>anime ends eventually and even the hardcore fujos move on
>no one getting into anime nowadays will ever watch it

If SAO becomes obscure again, would Sup Forums starts liking it?

why did the fujos love it?
I never finished it, I only watched a couple of episodes and It didn't look that gay

SnO isn't obscure.

One of the few anime like Death Note where people in real life killed themselves over.

Some guy killed himself over Ikaros.

They self inserted as the girl and wrote their yaoi fanfics about all the male characters, mostly Inuyasha and his brother.

People killed themselves over death note?

Unlikely
SAO had 2 seasons, 2 movies and another season in the works

Can she still do anal?