What does Sup Forums think of Portland?

Other urls found in this thread:

heretical.com/science/kanazawa.html
homes.com/blog/2017/02/5-cities-to-avoid-natural-disasters/
oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2011/04/corvallis_tops_list_of_us_cities_at_low_risk_for_natural_disaster.html
bendbulletin.com/localstate/deschutescounty/2538572-151/in-big-quake-central-oregon-would-be-big
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kill it with fire. They're all fags.

What is so bad about Portland?

Shithole. Next question.

Commiefornians OUT. At least we don't have TOO many nigs.

Quirky. It has good points and bad points.

Just needs the redpilled Californian refugees to come up to balance out the libshit Californians that already ethnically cleansed it of real Oregonians.

>can't pump their own gas
Lmaoooooo

Wish Kim would nuke it along with Shitattle and San Fagcisco.

Hands down the worst place I've ever been and I've been a lot of places.

What exactly is so bad about being there?

the fags

I'll be fixing that problem very soon.

the minefields of syringes in every park
shit on the streets
scum-fuck crust punks
fag shit proudly on display

I hate Hipsters a lot and Portland is a Hipster Haven.

sidewalk homeless luxury condos

what's the model Sup Forums citizen? in b4 rural suburban retards

Moved here a year ago.

A lot of people hate Antifa and they don't have nearly as much support as people think they do. There is a large number of soyboys but I almost never run into them unless I go looking for them in edgy coffee shops or PSU.

Its really nice and has been one of the cheapest large cities on the west coast until the housing boom last year that made rent and home prices raise about 10%.

Very, very white. Almost no niggers but there are a few mosques and refugee centers scattered around the city. Oregon actually is about 42% Republican and the home of a fucking ton of white nationalists. And not the skinhead kind, the actualy decent to hang around with kind.

The mayor is a typical Trump trashing retard and our senators are just as bad, but its relatively easy to redpill people here. The thing is, being a republican or alt-right requires a certain awareness of fear, and because Portland is so safe and generally isolated most people have never encountered the real danger of mudbloods or other faggots. Rose city antifa is here and they're mostly poor or the kind of teenagers that hang out at hardcore shows. Funnily enough, in California and Washington most of the people who go to hardcore music venues are alt-right.

went there on vacation about half a dozen years ago and saw people (soyboy looking ones now that I think about it) actually walking down the streets wearing, unironically I think, berets and Che t-shirts and shit, it was weird, you don't see that in CO

you're gonna drain all their cum?

thats a lot to swallow but i believe in you

Name one thing good about Portland. You can't.

The weather

It always rains there

And that's a bad thing?

agreed, it wasnt so bad in the 90s but now you couldnt pay me to live there. fucking liberals have killed OR and are nearly done with WA too.

I live just outside of portland.
It is a shit fucking faggot of a slum the streets smell like piss shit and puke.
Junkie needles in the gutter.
Some good folks on the fringe though.
If I owned it I would burn it to ashes.

How is constant rain a good thing?

Seattle is kill.

Yes. It cleans the city and allows for a fuck ton of vegetation. The rivers prevent most flooding.

constant rain is European weather, sun is for niggers.

It makes the nature beautiful. Ever visit the PNW in late spring or summer? Go take a hike around mt.hood or in the George, or better be yet in the rain forest. Do that and you will understand why the rain is good. Also with half the year requiring you to be indoors, you get a lot of intellectual be work done. Or just a lot of shitposting time

I've lived in Oregon for half my life, and I know family and friends who live there, but if it just disappeared overnight I wouldn't be bothered.

I live in Portland. AMA.

I've been living in Oregon for 20 years, so I do feel very connected to this region in general, and would never live anywhere else at this point, although I am starting to think about my exit plan from Portland proper.

Portland is still quite white in comparison to other U.S cities, but less so in comparison to 20 years ago. The recent transplant influx has brought with it a large number of non-black PoC who speak English with an American accents. Lots of swole California Asians, Hispanic hipsters, Pajeets, etc. However, I find the whites here difficult enough to relate to that the non-whites don't make the environment any more alien than it already was.

Most men in Portland look kind of gay, even though most of them probably aren't - I do hear, however, about how it's normal for Portland numales to experiment with faggotry. But they all have the same look about them and basically wear a uniform: full sleeve tattoos, pudgy or super thin, beard or iron facial hair, etc.

The women are almost universally progs, although only about half have green/pink/purple hair, boob tattoos, etc. The other half are quite feminine, attractive and fit, although they still have a retarded worldview.

Although this is a city where you have to be very selective about revealing your power level, the quality of life is still relatively good. It is about 2.5 times as expensive as it was 10 years ago, and the quality of public space has not improved in conjunction with increased rents and property values. The homeless population has shot way and mini tent cities pop up like mushrooms, before being cleared out and popping up again. Property crime is high here, but violent crime is low. I never feel unsafe walking down the street at midnight.

Culinary fanaticism is a big thing here, with all the artisanal locally grown goat cheese and craft beer. I like this element of the city.

What do you mean by redpilled CA refugees? Are Republicans moving out of CA? I think I read that somewhere.

It's all full, stay out.

More and more Mexicans coming there, so no room for white people to come. Apparently Oregonians love this since they go into a fury when they hear white people from other states want to move there, they seem pretty cool with Latinos and blacks coming though. Go figure.

It's also easy to get around this city without a car. Biking is more dangerous than it used to be due to increased automobile traffic, but it's generally a faster way of commuting for those who don't live in the suburbs. Car2Go allows you to easily reserve a Mercedes to drive to a trailhead. Lyft Line and Uber Pool are now operating here. The public transit system is said to be superior to that of most U.S. cities, but I don't use it, as it never takes a direct route to get me where I want to go and I don't want to interact with crazies or junkies. Walking in this city is easy, as the streets are narrow and the blocks short.

The best aspect of this city is its close proximity to nature. The Cascade mountains and the coast range are easily accessible. I try to go hiking or gravel biking every weekend.

Also noteworthy is the fact that suburbs and small towns close to Portland have started to allow residents to enjoy Portland'esque amenities without dealing with homelessness and left-wing politics. Places like Oregon City, Vancouver (Washington), Camas, Washougal, Milwaukie, Forest Grove, etc now have rather active town centers with breweries, cafes, gourmet coffee shops, apartments, I think this will become a big deal in the coming years, as people get sick of Portland's dysfunction, but still wish to appreciate that which originally drew them to the region.

I've been there for a week. Vast vast degeneracy, and its a shame because the land itself is mostly nice and they have a good transportation system, similar to Europe's.

Maine?
Nothing, great place.
Oregon?
Faggot soyboy central

>Maine?
>Nothing, great place.

What about the Somalians?

Not him, but if there's any rightwingfags in california they should know by know the state of the charade that is the state of california and how fast it will fail

Portland Oregon has a large Somali community as well in the suburbs, specifically Beaverton

Crime ridden shithole. Everything is expensive because of countless taxes and fees. The lack of sales tax is nice, though.

And they certainly cannot think outside the box. Miller is correct to point out that East Asians have slightly higher mean IQs than Europeans (Lynn and Vanhanen, 2002). However, East Asians have not been able to make creative use of their intelligence. While they are very good at absorbing existing knowledge via rote memory (hence their high standardized test scores in math and science) or adapt or modify existing technology (hence their engineering achievements), they have not been able to make original contributions to basic science.

Sauce:
heretical.com/science/kanazawa.html

It's not constant. It begins in mid November and ends in mid March.

I loved it when I was there. Didn't talk politics though.

>what does Sup Forums think of ___liberal thing____

come home white man

i love this place.

there a lot of small areas to live. if you live outside the cities you can have a good life in an almost completely white city. there are still drug problems thoguh

If you are thinking about moving to Portland look at Eugene or Bend instead. The traffic in Portland is so awful and is going to get a lot worse in the near future because the politicians aren't going to do a thing about it and so many people are moving here.

Also the rents are way overpriced and literally everyone is bluepilled as fuck. Forget about red
pilling anyone in the Willamette Valley

yeah, avoid the cities. the rest is good country with good people, for the most part

posting more sexy pnw pics

A lot of companies are seeing the dysfunction and are planning on moving out of Portland city center because the city government has their hands tied on doing anything. The reason for that, and for the city's faux-leftist politics, is that being "mean" is a mortal sin. We've had a lot of capable people run out of their jobs because of that. You can't run attack ads in campaigns. Since lefty rhetoric sounds less "mean" on a surface level, people here are attracted to it. But it's only on a surface level. Underneath, a lot of people here are fucking assholes, way worse than anywhere else I've lived. It's like the "nice guy" shit that women complain about, where the politeness is manipulative.

I'm hoping to GTFO to Bend soon. Hopefully they manage to attract more non-seasonal businesses there, although honestly it's not like there are any bad seasons there.

Bend is probably the nicest city in the state. Given that it's on the eastern side of the Cascades and has a drier climate, the landscape is different - more pines and fewer firs. It's also not on a major highway, which I think might be part of the explanation as to why Bend doesn't have nearly as many homeless people. Bend does, however, have the fastest growing population of any city in Oregon, and the source is generally California.

For those who want to live near but not in Portland, I recommend Vancouver, Washington. The central non-suburban part of the city - Downtown and Uptown - has come a long way since the 90s and early 2000s, and the area reminds me of old Portland. It has decent brew pubs, coffee shops, restaurants and new apartments, but the dive bars with 50+ alcoholic divorcees haven't disappeared yet. It also doesn't feel crowded. Driving and parking is a lot easier than in Portland, as is walking across the street without waiting long for passing cars.

Full of hipsters, commies and SJWs. Portlandia is a documentary.

I've been in love with Portland for half my life. just got a summer home there. fuck the winter. I feel perfectly comfy surrounded by mass delusion.

It's impossible to figure the "thinking" of progs, as their heads are so far up their asses.

Heh, Bend is also where I eventually want to escape to. Bend is fantastic. White supermajority, stunning beautiful and accessible surrounding landscape, and even though the population is rapidly increasing, it's starting from such a low base that the entirety of Deschutes County won't even reach half of Portland's population in my lifetime.

For such a remote area, the women there are quite attractive, likely because it's such an outdoor adventure hub. I've noticed a weird local slang there that seems to be based in hiking/mountain biking/rock climbing/snowboarding subculture.

Are there any good/sane universities in the state of Oregon?

Californians.

The sanest would be the University of Portland which is a private Catholic university. Beautiful campus but it has some SJW programs now.

Public Universities...probably the sanest would be Oregon State but that's not saying much cause its pretty blue pilled

Being on the other side of the mountains, should Bend be safe from the big one that supposed to wipe out Portland one day?

If you just need a 2 year PCC is really nice for a community college, off the wall liberal though.

I went there last year and their were a shit ton of sjw's. I saw a lot of black panthers as well.

This
Its terrible here! It rains constantly a..and there's .. uh hipsters here

Indeed it is. Googling "bend oregon natural disasters" indicated this article: homes.com/blog/2017/02/5-cities-to-avoid-natural-disasters/ Mt Bachelor poses the biggest threat as a "potentially but not currently active" volcano.

BTW, I recommend people look into Spokane, Washington as well. It's surrounded by forests, is mostly white and has low crime. Spokane has commonly been the butt of jokes (e.g., "Spocompton" (wut? very few nogs there) and "Spoktucky". It is a bit methier than Bend, but I found the city super cozy. The downtown has all the standard Portlandy amenities, while having far fewer homeless people and being far less annoying. It also has some cool retrofuturistic skybridges. It still is a bit country, as it has six steakhouses in downtown alone. I don't know if Portland has any steakhouses at all....

Corvallis was ranked as the #1 lowest risk city in the country for natural disasters.

oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2011/04/corvallis_tops_list_of_us_cities_at_low_risk_for_natural_disaster.html

Bend is safe from earthquakes

bendbulletin.com/localstate/deschutescounty/2538572-151/in-big-quake-central-oregon-would-be-big

This is correct.

This. Get rid of the junkies/homeless and have the super liberals tone it down and the place wouldn't be too bad

Riverfront Park in Spokane is also the coolest downtown park I've ever seen.

Portland, and Oregon in general is a non-state
It's a hybrid culture of Washington and California taking the worst from both sides
It's a vapid cesspool of cultureless soyboys

>Almost no niggers

This isn't true. There are a lot of very intelligent, good-looking black people here in PDX, and that's why you guys hate it: it ruins your narrative.

>It is a shit fucking faggot of a slum the streets smell like piss shit and puke.

Compared to SF, NY and LA it smells like goddamn roses.

Low bar, of course.

Anyone can train a monkey to dance. The exception doesn't change the norm user.

Why would anyone ever talk about Portland Maine?

PDX is like 3% black

Pretty accurate

liberal insanity, high taxes, incompetent city planning, skyrocketing cost of living, hobo shit all over, homeless tents all over, drug needles, pet obsession instead of having real families

Ah, well. A very high proportion of the clientele at the restaurant I work at is black. It's right in the center of the city though.

Thanks for this info. I'm trying to sell my family on Oregon but they are paranoid about earthquakes.

Looking at Bend demographics, I see the Latin population there has doubled every decade. Over 20% Latino by 2020 prolly. Does this mean there are shitty Latin neighborhoods around Bend people should avoid?

No. Outside of Portland metro the state is mostly conservative. Just like out side of Seattle metro it's mostly conservative too. Get rid of Portland and Seattle and each state would be completely different

>from Houston
>sun
>humidity
>niggers
>humidity
>mosquitoes
>sun
>niggers, so many niggers
>walking le56% memes

These pictures make my soul ache. Why is every beautiful part of the country, Washington, Oregon, Nor-Cal, Colorado, infested with scumfuck hipsters, larping on their parent's credit card, and tanking the local economies? Lebensraum fucking when?

Liberal Hipster Shithole

PDX, Corvallis, and Eugene fuck up an otherwise very comfy state.

Starting At PCC cascade in april, how fucked am I?

Most cities in the northwest have expanding Hispanic populations, although I think that's slowing down due to net-negative migration from Mexico.

I have not seen many Hispanics in Bend. According to the racial dot map, the neigbhroods are small and in outlying areas.

Like every well-off leftist-hegemony city, there are beautiful parts and ugly parts. Rich leftists are really good at segregation and contributing to income inequality. They're smug with expensive taste. Just go to the areas they cavort in and you'll enjoy yourself begrudgingly, as long as you don't talk about politics.

It's like spending the day with aristocrats, except aristocrats weren't so hypocritically and foolishly up their asses about being egalitarian utopianist anti-capitalist revolutionaries.

What exactly are you studying? I went for Drafting last year. There are BLM posters everywhere and liberal propaganda. There were rape statistic posters and advertisements for shitty progressive movies.

And yet the two states have gone blue in national elections.

Face it, the conservative parts are too scattered, and they're minority in number.

Also, check out Redmond and Prineville nearby. Not Madras though. Madras is 6.9% Injun and 38.5 Hispanic. Basically the barrio of Central Oregon.

fpbp

It's a leftist degenerate shithole

Luxury thanks to capitalism makes born-rich people self-important but simultaneously self-hating assholes. So they like to pretend to be revolutionaries and fuck over the middle class bourgeoisie, while enjoying luxury.

Shitlib nest

These are the signs that popped up everywhere after Trump was elected.

And this one displays in almost every restaurant, coffee shop and bar.

Here's why:

>Beautiful places make high demand real estate.
>High demand means expensive.
>Only highly intelligent, well compensated professionals can afford expensive real estate.
>Smart professionals know reality has a liberal bias.
>Reality is necessary to keep a beautiful modern city running.
>A beautiful modern city runs best when social and ecological justice are addressed.
>Addressing them requires becoming one of those "scumfuck" hipster activists and a Democratic donor.

Basically, fuck you very much.

Racist retard regressives are welcome to stew in their swamps and trailer parks.

Meanwhile, sane people will be admiring lush forests and breathing clean air, while doing their damnedest to stop far right fucknuts from ruining nice things.

Both of those were at PCC (Politically Correct College)

Cascade is in the hood, right next to Jefferson HS

I went to Rock Creek and Sylvania

Diversity is a code word for White Genocide.