Nothing new...

Nothing new, America taking foreign media and diluting/bleaching it so that the average American sheep can turn his brain off and soak in 90 minutes of moving pictures and flashy lights. And for that reason, I'm out.

why do you care about some shittty adaptation?
why does anyone on Sup Forums care about this?

Not "America". Jews. You're not going to slander my entire country based on what some greedy, coastal degenerate rat Jews do. Light is a kike and L is a nig now, but only if you acknowledge this shitty product. Do not watch it. ignore it.

any white person would have ruined it all the same

If you haven't noticed Sup Forums Sup Forums Sup Forums and Sup Forums have completely displaced Sup Forums's population.

I have noticed I really just don't want to believe it.
will we ever recover?

No.

Death Note was shitty and for mindless sheep in the first place. Light just dumps exposition all the time.

Stop posting this shit every fucking day

This was the only adaptation Death Note needed

Why didn't they cast a Brit for L those racist cunts

the whole show is based on knowing how people's names are written in kanji
thsi makes no sense in non-japanese setting because you can spell most names just by hearing them

Didn't Light use to write the names in romaji tho?

You mean reddit and MAL.

Those things are not exclusive to each other

Honestly looks better

>Light TURNER

Meh it'll probably be shit but I'll pirate it just to see Dafoe as Ryuk

デスノートのイメージを壊すなよ
Lの俳優変えろ

The worst part about it is not the cast but that it seems so full of action sequences when the show didn't even revolve about that it was about two guys trying to outsmart one another.

On second thought you aren't wrong.

No, he tried all the kanji possible for each name.
That's why sometimes he had to write one whole page for one only guy.

>full of action sequences
I'm not a fan of this adaptation but the original had plenty of stupidly over-the-top action

To be fair the Japanese constantly fuck up their own adaptations. Look what they did with SnK

>source material: all european cast with 1 japanese girl
>movie: all japanese cast with 1 half korean-half american girl

if you're not already instantly disregarding all western-produced entertainment in 2017 there's something seriously wrong with your head.

>code geass is next

terry cruz as suzaku when??

here he is trying to guess the spelling of his victim's name by trying different combinations
this is one of the first times he usees the note, the motocycle guy i think

>on Sup Forums - Anime & Manga
>doesn't know that any and all anime adaptions are pure cancer
let us see this shit thread reach reply cap

It's going to be shit, but I will watch Willem Dafoe highlights when it's all said and done. Only good decision I'm seeing.

he wrote foreigner's names in romaji because thats how they are written
baka gaijins so easy to kill

hair, race, not even close to 'evil' looking.

why

They look like they are out of some sitcom

The average Japanese person is meek, "for society" collectivist and very averse to killing, even mild violence is taboo. Light Yagami is an outlier - headstrong, individualist and not against killing people for a "greater good".

The average Burger is focused on the self and would have few reservations about doing what needs to be done, killing is just another option. If Light Turner were a 1:1 parallel to Light Yagami, he'd just be an average American. He'd also never get caught if he had even an ounce of Yagami's conniving planning.
Instead, Turner is a lot more reserved and "average". Ryuk has to goad him into trying out the book. Unlike Yagami who reveled in the power as soon as he realized what he had, Turner is probably going to remain hesitant to use it for anything other than killing "bad guys".

Wouldn't be surprised if the series differs like
>Light Yagami keeps doing his thing of killing anybody he thinks is a detriment to society while dodging L and trying not to let his hubris get the better of him because he wants to "help" find Kira
>Light Turner is just trying to keep his head down while occasionally using the book to kill local criminals and world news bad guys, but there is a bunch of inconvenient bullshit surrounding him that forces him to use the book in morally gray ways, L is just always in the right place at the right time, makes leaps in logic but doesn't ever catch on

I was wondering why the manga showed Light writing several times the biker's name. Like what, he really wants the guy dead or something? Now I fucking understand.