Do you think Romance is a good genre in anime? Is it worthwhile to make?

Do you think Romance is a good genre in anime? Is it worthwhile to make?

Honestly it seems like Anime is the only medium where Romance is portrayed well enough to care.

>Honestly it seems like Anime is the only medium where Romance is portrayed well enough to care.
Because its aimed at NEETs who have little to no social interactions outside of the internet

Even if that's true. It really doesn't matter who it's aimed too.

We're talking about the genre here, not your love life, user.

Romance in anime is pandering garbage for people who get triggered by adult behaviour and emotions. Fine for escapism, terrible in terms of writing quality or depth.

Pandering to who? Otaku virgins?

Cause after Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Kanatamonogatari, Mawaru Penguindrum I can't see those "self insert" otakus straight up saying "This is the escape from humanity"

>NTR, cheating, swinging, partner swap, sleeping around, prostitution
>quality
Read YA trash if you want those things.

>Because its aimed at NEETs who have little to no social interactions

"When the well is dry, we know the worth of water."

Why would any other genre bother to extol the virtues of hand-holding, cuddling, and headpats? The producers and consumers of those materials would find such things so pedestrian and common that they don't even notice how precious they seem to the terminally lonely.

As long as it is cute, who gives a shit.

>Do you think Romance is a good genre in anime?
No.
>Is it worthwhile to make?
Shippers are desperate for their fix and will whine at the first thing they don't like so no.
>it seems like Anime is the only medium where Romance is portrayed well enough to care
You're a retard.

Romance in anime is only good when it's about cute lesbians.
No one wants to see some generic anime boy with eye length hair and some ditzy slut that's his sister get it on.
Fucking cancer and probably made by and for cuckolds.

Before Tsuki Ga Kirei I would have said it's pretty meh. After, I have hope in it's future? Probably not for long though.

>no tall insensitive tomboy gf who'll tease you for being a foreigner
Why even live?

>cute dykes
back to your containment board

Don't get mad at me because you have shit taste you cheeky cunt.

Romance manga>romance anime

not really.
it's only done right in a really few specific ones.
it's mostly very generic besides those.

Tsuki ga Kirei > Every romance manga in fucking existence.

Just reminding you all before you talk shit, that Tsuki ga Kirei just aired and it is one of the greatest articles of romance ever created.

But since it's anime, you'll never get real writing quality or depth. This stuff is just for fun.

Romance in anime is the most shallow shit you can experience.

Is it any good? I can't identify with teenagers in junior high anymore.

>asking about romance in Sup Forums
Most of the faggots here are virgins, the fuck they know about romance?

>believing the Sup Forums virgin meme
stop projecting nigger

Depends. Romance is good with a little bit of tragedy. Everything is good with tragedy. Think about it - mecha, action, slice of life, romance, mind games, even sport anime - they are empty until something tragic happens. Tragedy is the heart of any sort of art.

Not really. Romance is good as a side plot. Making it the main plot results in stupid drama to keep the story going. With rare exceptions.

Romances are best when they are relatively short and to the point, while the modus operandi of this industry is to drag shit out as long as possible. As a result romances turn into pointless harems, dumb drama fests, repetitive gag series or retarded trainwrecks with NTR or some other crap.
The other problem is that various aspects of a romantic relationship are divided among various genres and target audiences. There are series that focus solely on pre-dating stuff, series that focus on relationship dynamics stuff, series that focus on ecchi stuff and series that focus on H stuff, but it's rare to see a work that explores and combines all aspects of the romance.
Also nips seriously suck at portraying intimacy, on both emotional and physical level.

cheap tragedy is the worst thing possible.
a basic, vanilla romance beats romance with a shitty written tragedy.

yes, at this point of life watching cute anime couples get together is more fun and important than my own romance

Tsuki Ga doesn't expect you to self-insert. You'll feel more like an onlooker than a middleschooler.

So what it's a good romance tell me one.
The notebook?
Lalaland?
Titanic?
Are they better if so this genre needs to die

>mirrored shit

Yosuga no Sora

Good shit