Does anyone else suffer from the "Deathnote effect"?

Does anyone else suffer from the "Deathnote effect"?

I.e. you watch deathnote once and can never enjoy another anime as much.

Every once in a while you might come close, but the fact of the matter is that for the patrician, Death Note is the best anime of all time. Or is it?

Death note good and all but after L dies it loses charm.

i mean, i don't even have it on my top 25.

That "never enjoy anime again" only happens when i re-watch something on my top 10 or find some new masterpiece

t. 16 year old

you haven't watched a lot of anime, have you

No, you're the only one.

lol OP

that's not RE:Zero

Death Note wasn't even as good as Code Geass

And I mean that completely unironically

I'll never enjoy a sports anime as much as Ping Pong.

Yes, but not with Death Note because it's shit. I did experience it with Fate UBW episode 20, Re Zero ep 18 and Shingeki S2 episodes 6 & 12

>Re:Zero
>Fate
>SnK

Let me guess, also naruto and SAO

Someone post the swimming edit.

death note wasn't that good

Code Geass is the best

honestly I watched it so long ago I didnt even remember that L dies.

dude honestly I can agree with fate zero but re zero? and shingeki? how u gonna call death note shit and list two shows arguably worse than SAO

Attack on Titan is better.

>arguably worst than SAO

no.

At least those have some enjoyment factors.

SAO is only enjoyable by fucking newfags with 13 years.

DUDE CHESS LMAO

good one

No with DN because it's like a low-tier "great anime". The more anime you watch the lower it gets.

But yeah, everyone suffers from that.

To me it happens after watching FMA:B, Toradora, and other animes i really like.
The last time i felt something like that was watching... Kyousougiga, i think. And before that Flip Flappers.

same, unfortunately. I still think and analyze this fucking show, and obsess over it, 4 years after seeing it. It's pretty sad.

there was a fat smelly kid at my school named Mikey and his mom was a manager at a local McDonalds. all he ate was mcdonalds. nobody liked him. I was watching Attack on titan when I noticed he was reading the manga at school. I instantly dropped the show.

>watched and read death note in 2007
>thought it was the tits, cause it was one of my first animu
>Light is the greatest and L is a pretty cool guy eh fights crime and doesnt afraid of anything
>actively keep a list of people I didn't like and wanted out of my life
>outgrew that in a few months
>rewatch it in March
>realize I was an edgy fuck for liking the show and thinking that Light's mannerisms and shit were sugoi

>Deathnote effect

normies these days...

good choice, the start of the series is good and all, but in season 2 it starts going downhill and without breaks, and the manga is a damn trainwreck

>fate zero
Oi, that's delusion you're walking into

It's because most anime just care about pandering. Death Note was revolutionary in it's themes.

honestly I've considered writing a dissertation on the show at some points, that how much I obsess over it. How do I escape this anime hell?????? I already tried Code Gay-ass but it wasn't grounded enough for me to enjoy.

I believe that's actually known as "babby's first X syndrome" meaning nothing else will compare to whatever you experienced first because it's what you had your views shaped by and have fond nostalgic memories of.

First time you watch Death Note Light is an hero. Second time he's a bastard.

I don't know if "revolutionary" is the right word but the way it presented the two conflicting ideals was complicated enough to make you feel smart, but simple enough to understand.

If you want an anime about the smartest guy ever in any anime imaginable, go to One Outs.
Don't think it's just a sports anime, it will blow you the fuck out.

Third time he's both

I thought UBW was a part of the Fate Zero series?

I rewatch it to this day and it hasn't lost it's value. The first episode, the parallels between Ryuk and Light, it's poetic and unique among all of anime.

There were no conflicting ideals, there is only Light's ideal and the rest are oppressors who believe in nothing.
It's not an anime about feeling smart, Light was naive and was killed for it. L had hacks but still died because he did not wager his life in that fight.
>A slave with nothing to lose has stronger attacks than a kick who has everything.

UBW is just an alternate line to Stay Night. yeah, technically it's a sequel to Zero but every fate that's not Zero sucks.

One Outs is absolute and complete bullshit, and if you take it in another way you're completely braindead. I enjoyed it but anyone with half a brain would notice how ridiculous the whole "predicting the mind patterns and hits of twelve players of fifty different teams" is. Even if he did, people are not perfect machines and they would just make a bat he couldn't predict, as his fastball is nothing special

you probably didn't read the whole manga, bullshit my ass. Dude's smart enough to pull that shit off and far beyond. And if you really think humans are that unpredictable then you have way too much faith in them

>normies
go away normalfag

That happens to me with manga.
I can enjoy a lot of things from anime so it's hard to happen, when I watch a really good show I can't watch anything else for a few hours though.

>normalfag

it's exactly the same as normie you faggot

Death Note would have been better if it ended with Misa betraying him.

Light is a sociopath with daddy issues. Light's logic is completely fucked and immoral, but on a surface level sounds appealing. But the only people who find the automatic death penalty actually a feasible option are the weeb social outcasts on this website, or 14 year olds. This anime is appealing to so many people because it makes the viewer feel smart. I still love it to death, but jesus if you think Light is actually a morally sound character then you didn't understand the meaning of the show. At all.

>daddy issues
Projection like this can only be found in IMAX 70mm with Dolby Atmos.

Misa was a fucking great character, and she was also pretty smart. I support this alternate ending.

After L dies it turns to complete and utter shit. Virtually all the entertainment out of that show revolved around the interplay between light and L, which is exactly why the new adaptation will blow because they've already shot that interplay in the foot.

Light didn't care at all about his family, no dad, no mom, no sister. Light is evil but those he fights are worse.
If you dislike Light, it means you support the systemic injustice. Nothing will ever change like that. If you are ok with staleness it means that you belong to the privileged and I have nothing more to write to you :)

> systemic injustice
do you go to black lives matter riots or something? BAKA

FMA and Death Note were the first anime I have ever watched and after watching another 300 they are still in my top 10

It's not hard to see that Light was misguided because his father is a busy cop who comes home late and doesn't see his kids very much. Light subconciously believed, at least in the beginning, that he could resolve these issues with his dad by killing all the criminals. He doesn't directly state it because that would be a weakness, and Light would never even consider putting himself in a weak state of mind.

It's no coincidence the serial criminal killer's father is a fucking cop.

baka desu

Pic related, you're the top.

Yes, but not with any of the shit listed in this thread.

>watch death note for the first time
>wow, this is really good!
>watch death note a second time, after a year
>yep, good just as I remember, but...
>watch death note a third time, long time after the first
>was it always this bad? Half way through it takes a deep nose dive
>tries to watch a fourth time
>can't stop thinking how Raito is ridiculous and sound like an angsty kid for literally no reason 125% of the time

Light cared a BUNCH about his family. What are you even talking about???? When Soichiro dies, it is one of the few, or possibly the only, death in the entire series Light gets genuinely upset over.

I dislike Light because I dislike eugenics and dictatorship. I also dislike Light for killing L, pretty much my favorite character every. Before you shoot up your school, take a second to consider what a life is actually worth.

Eggscellent taste

>you belong to the privileged and I have nothing more to write to you :)

We really fucking need the Kanji captcha to keep away the casuals. This is too much

>starts thread to discuss anime
>stops talking when someone discusses the anime

thank you, my guy

> implying non-cucked japanese watch anime

When someone has an agenda and tries desperately to promote it ^

This ironic weeeb shit gave me cancer

That's just your favorite anime.

ur top tier then

Steins Gate > Death Note

its not my favorite anime, but it is tied on my mal rating

/thread

>people these days are so new they cannot even recognize a recommendation thread

Sup Forums really is dead. Just fucking nuke it already

thats funny because its clearly not a rec thread

Watch Hunter x Hunter, Parasyte, or Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. They all challenge the viewer on a phycological level and have great characters that actually develop.

Wow you've watched over 22 anime since your high school summer vacation started? Impressive

jesus christ did someone cut out your tongue? Why is your taste so bad???

>meguka: 10
>bebop: 6
>monster: 7
>Nge: 8
This is why I never come on Sup Forums anymore

This is the worst thread I've seen all day, pease consider suicide.

They are almost daily these days. I don't know how to get rid of the normalfags anymore. Might be too late.

I bet I can make you hate Death Note by pointing out all the batshit insane plot holes and dumb moments the series had.

If you can still love it as much after that - you have a problem, because no matter what, DN was a series with a few interesting ideas, but when read by someone a little older - it turns out to be shallow as fuck.

>its clearly not a rec thread
Or is it?

> that kid who got suspended for writing students names in his death note.

This literally happened twice during my time at high School

With Evangelion a bit, i'm not saying that is the best animu evar but... Is like Pokémon, no other game teleports me to my childhood like this franchise does.

> im a fucking loser
> I feel bad
> oh I know, better call normal people "normalfags"
> that will show them

Instead of investigating a case of potential bullying they expelled the victim.

You can be a normalfag, just do it on normalfag boards. Don't shit up Sup Forums.

oh my GOD i hate this board. All of you. Yes, even you, user.

After watching this, I can never enjoy any anime as much.

[EUROBEAT INTENSIFIES]

This desu everyone giving NGE rating above 4 should stop breathing.

Fucking this.
Also,
Fuck you.

You just proved my point ;)

You probably belong on reddit/anime where casual people who enjoy deathnote, re:zero, SAO, JoJo, Steins;Gate and other casual anime can recommend and spoonfeed to their heart's content.

> deathnote,
good show
> re:zero,
it looks like garbage
> SAO,
trash
> JoJo,
not my particular taste
> Steins;Gate
trash
> and other casual anime
Casual anime? Excuse me, anime is supposed to be ENJOYED. I work out 7 days a week and can squat 405lbs natty. You are a fucking lazy sonovabitch if you think youre hot shit for watching anime like it makes you better than somebody else.

Can somebody make an Initial D thread???? It's way better than death note.

Takumi is my one true waifu

>I am so hardcore I only watch flavor of the month haremshit and slice of life

Fuck off dumb contrarian

It's called being a teen faggot. It happened to me too, but I eventually got over it and realized that my favourite thing had a lot of flaws. I liked DN a lot when I was 16 and I still appreciate it today, but now it's for different reason and without pretending it's flawless.

took the bait

but no
Death Note isn't even THAT good

Worst thread of the day award

Sup Forums being hipsters as usual, never change

Cowboy Bebop.
Too bad we'll never get a show like it again because anime sucks now and it's all moeshit :(

how the FUCK does sombody give bebop a six?

Overrated episodic shit, literally style over substance: the anime