Steins;Gate

So, uh, back in 2011 when the anime aired Steins;Gate was pretty cool, but when do you think they're going to stop milking it? The anime that's supposedly coming for the new VN doesn't even have an air date yet and they're already announcing some new shit for it.
Honestly the original story by itself was fine

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MYEfAPfqpNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I haven't bothered with any of the material outside of the original anime. I don't care that much if they milk it since it doesn't ruin the original show but I wish someone would come out with something as interesting.

If it's been awhile since you saw the show, give the VN a shot. Same shit but way more fleshed out.

Don't do it, the new vn is very mediocre.

I meant he should read the original VN, since he said he's only seen the anime. Read, user

>when do you think they're going to stop milking it

Why the fuck would they stop giving us more of a good thing?

>TV shows that are good for two seasons and then go on for 14
>Video game series that are good and original for the original trilogy then end up bland rehashes in later games
>Novels that present a clear story with defined themes and conclusions, only to be followed up by a shitty sequel attempt by the publisher that lacks everything that made the original interesting
It's the same concept user, media isn't meant to go on forever and the only people who think otherwise are absolute plebeians and money-grubbing executives.
Steins;Gate accomplished what it wanted to accomplish and it's fine if it's left at that

I was a big fan of the show/VN in 2011. But then the movie kinda killed the series for me. After that everytime I see news about it I just went "ahh right that thing exists." Don't get me wrong though, the original series is pretty good but I just can't bother with the other stuff.

SG 0 is a prequel and is the reason why the original exists.

The movie was garbage, it was such a blatant ripoff of the haruhi movie and wasn't even 1/6 as good

SG:0 was just created a bunch of lose plot threads it didn't bother tying up and the true ending was simply the shit everyone knew happened already.

If it weren't for Maho, SG:0 would be completely worthless.

The event was announced by Kadokawa, so I'm hoping that if it's an anime announcement, it's OVAs of stories like TDV. I highly doubt it's just S;G 0 anime release date, but if it is, well that's settled.

The milking will never stop, but eh, as long as it doesn't influence the other entries, I don't care, I can just ignore it.

Definitely check out the VN. It's pretty good and a refreshing experience. S;G 0 is a "nice" experience too if you liked S;G, but it's lacking in a lot of aspects. Like 40-60% of it could easily be dismissed, it's full of concepts and parts that end up in nothing. It could easily be better than S;G 0 because of its dark atmosphere and having the characters already developed, but it's the complete opposite, making it a wasted opportunity for a masterpiece, which is really sad. I just hope at some point they make S;G 0 Elite, that's the only "new" thing I want for S;G, almost everything else they can do is irrelevant to me.

>Why the fuck would they stop giving us more of a good thing?
Get some good taste or knowledge on what else there is other than the main VNs.
There are indeed some good side stories, but most of them are average or bad and there's a huge amount of content that barely no people on the west have heard about, they have released too much content to possibly count.

>as long as it doesn't influence the other entries
But it already has.

>it already has
Robotics;Notes was already meant to be the one mixing all the other entries, it's only natural they do this kind of thing. It will only be actual milking if the next Robotics;Notes entry isn't with Chaos; characters as the main ones.

When are they going to make a proper sequel to Steins;Gate, I want more Kurisu and Okabe antics!

>Steins;Gate
>sequel
Yeah no. S;G is made to finish where it did. S;G 0 only "worked" because it only expanded what we already knew, and it was a great idea but they executed it like shit.

Sure, but making Daru the MC just taking it too far.
Why couldn't they have a new MC, or even older Kai insetad?

Why not? I thought Steins;Gate 0 was pretty good but not as good as the original because it lacked Kurisu and the cheerfulness of the original Suzuha. It was also less linear than the original. which I liked.

It NEEDS a TRUE sequel.

It's a good way of expanding other characters from previous entries and having them take the main role. In R;ND both R;N and C;H characters will have an important role too. I will accept it as long as they do the same thing with a C;H character on the next R;N entry. If they don't, then yeah, it will be milking as fuck.

>It NEEDS a TRUE sequel.
Don't worry user, they'll turn the anime movie into a VN later and sell it as a proper sequel.
How about that?

But I didn't like the OVA or animated films, something based on the drama CD's would be up my alley.

The dark atmosphere only made it better, but at least 50% of it is scenes that lead nowhere, don't even help for character development, dropping hints of the story going somewhere to later on not even mention it again, etc. Summarizing, it had an incredible amount of wasted time that served absolutely no purpose, not for the story, nor for the characters, nor for the readers' enjoyement. If it spent more time developing the ideas it kept on dropping instead of hours and hours of no development in anything, it could have easily been better than S;G. But it kept doing the same thing all the time.

>It's a good way of expanding other characters from previous entries
But do they need one? Why couldn't they focus on expanding R;N's own characters?

In theory, they will be expanded too, but not as the very main characters. If they want to truly make out of R;N the main "ending" entries, they can't just leave the others entries' characters always as side ones. I do agree that it's a bit unfair for the R;N characters, but for the overall story (supposing it's developed properly and R;N characters still do get good development), it's the best thing to do. They can afford only so many VAs, they are expensive as fuck, they can't just throw a huge amount of them (especially main characters) all the time during several entries.

S;G0 was good. Would be hard to make an anime out of it though with how unconnected the routes were minus the one with the D-Rine. . They'd have to go anime original to connect all the world lines and show the 4 different antagonist factions going on.

Thinking about it it could actually work out pretty good if they treat the game like a rough draft and fix it up for the anime. Everything they need is already there and the character interaction was one of the high points.

They just really need to remove part of each ending or slightly modify it, I don't think it would be so hard, but they will probably just go PR->V&A. On the good side, the anime will remove so many useless stuff from the VN.

Or they could just adapt the two main route with proper order.
Rinascimento branch+first two chapters could probably take around 13-14 episodes.
They could later adapt other routes as movies with limited release.

SG:0 was a better Visual Novel than the original, you serious?

None of the plot-related drama CDs take place in Steins Gate world line iirc.

Go bait somewhere else.

All I want to know is why Suzuha is so underloved when she is clearly at least as endearing as Kurisu.

>he unironically enjoys the original more

>underloved
She's only underloved in the autistic leddit and normie community user (which are kind of the same). She's best S;G girl and a huge amount of people think so outside of those shitty communities.

I bet you're the kind of person who highly reveres garbage like Eva and Re:Zero

Reminder Feyris nyan nyan is the sexiest and retains her beauty even in 2036

Faris is also best girl

I don't really know about raddit and co but I remember when the anime aired Suzufags were a rare and precious breed. Have people finally seen the light?

Also why the heck did she get the most abridged and underwhelming ending out of all the girls?

SG 0 babies are like the Fate/zero edgy kids that liked that shit only because it was DARK AND SERIOUS.

I kinda liked 0 more but I feel as though it tried to do too much.
Pretty much everything regarding Kagari was really superfluous and brought the overall quality down. Would have been better if they used that time to flesh out the other routes more.

Not that I dislike Kagari or anything it's just that it was really kinda pointless. If anything that time could have been used for Faris or Luka or even that not!Chie girl that also had Reading Steiner. Oh, how I wish that one went somewhere.

To me, it's on par with the original.
But then again, I never thought the original was THAT good, or some kind of masterpiece either.

>underwhelming
It was probably the best ending outside of the common and true ones. It actually made sense, was placed correctly on the story, was properly written and didn't have bullshit like the baby with Lukako

Do I have Alzheimer's because I read the VN a few years ago and for some reason I remember it being the shortest ending.

Nice bait

I like it because I still really like Okabe and I love Maho.

I would say it's actually on par with the other endings' length, both by memory and checking some videos' length, but I would have to replay it to actually be entirely sure.

I'm glad I skipped the anime for Occultic;Nine and Chaos;Child because the LN for the former got an official release and the VN for the latter is getting one in September. from what I heard about O;N it was rushed like hell and seeing how they handled C;H in the prologue I didn't feel great about the C;C adaptation either

0 wasn't even that dark, it's mostly depressing because of PTSD-ridden Okabe.

I didn't really give a shit about her before but S;G 0 fleshed her out and made her likeable. Her interaction with Daru and her beta worldline personality was great

More like annoying.

O;N anime was a visual masterpiece, but kinda average pacing-wise. The first episodes did cover a lot of content in no time though, they were speaking fast as fuck.
Whether you want to watch the anime or wait for the VN is up to you. If you are patient, wait for the VN. If you aren't or you will forget about most stuff, watch the anime. I would say the anime most likely just covered part of the common route and even then it does have a lot more to show than the anime did, so maybe checking it out wouldn't be so bad, since I don't think we are getting it anytime soon.

>annoying

You are absolutely wrong, it's just for Maho and only Maho.

Suzu was my absolute favorite S;G girl until Maho. I wasn't a fan of Beta Suzu and it's fine since she is practically a brand new character.

I bought the first volume of Occultic;Nine already so I'll read that and the second volume waiting for the VN. I'm also going to wait for Chaos;Child to come out in September because I really liked Chaos;Head and heard C;C was fantastic

You're right and I'm wrong probably, my memory's pretty unreliable these days. Guess this is a good chance for me to reread the VN. Preserve your good taste my friend.

Why didn't you think she was likable before? She was always very kind to Okabe and helped the lab out on numerous occasions. Did you think she was boring?

I only played this dumb game because I thought there was going to be a scene where he rapes Suzuha.
And then I thought something was going to happen with Moeka when he had he pinned down while I was playing but nothing did.

All ages visual novels were a mistake.

>

Do you know that timeline is where WW3 occurs right? everyone is going to die and all, it was all happy and shit but you know everything is fake and everything will be going down hill from there, just 24 more to go.

Now it gets tricky, so listen real good!

Sandslash, Hitmonlee, Psyduck, Arcanine
Eevee, Exeggutor, Kabutops, Zapdos
Dratini, Growlithe, Mr. Mime, Cubone
Graveler, Voltorb, Gloom - We're almost home!

Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all, yeow!
Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all, huhh!
Gotta catch 'em all, Pokémon! (yeeaahh!!)

Charmeleon, Wartortle
Mewtwo, Tentacruel, Aerodactyl
Omanyte, Slowpoke
Pidgeot, Arbok - That's all, folks!

Even in that one drama cd when Maho travels to Akihabara to get Kurisu back to America?

Suzuha was in that drama CD. You should've know which world line it takes place then.

Why is Twin Automata such a good ending? It really gave us a lot of Maho and Amadeus interaction, it also partially redeemed Moeka as the worst tier character in the franchise.

C;C -> C;H NoAH -> S;G -> C;H imo
NoAH is C;H but fixing everything and adding so much more good context. The way the routes are used to explain stuff from the main route is also great. As a fun fact, the script of NoAH is x1.5 the one of C;H. The script of C;C is 3MB, and it was cut down from 5MB.

I'd love to read NoAH but nobody has it translated and PQube all but confirmed they're never doing it by announcing Chaos;Child coming out without it.
I know there were people who tried TLing the android version but it never went anywhere

>haven't finished 0 yet

Should probably get around to doing that.

CoZ are both porting and translating it. They are replicating the engine from scratch because the actual one it used is goddamn awful and hard as fuck to properly port. I don't know when they will have neither of them ready though. They did say they will also release a Japanese version of the port as soon as they can, so we will get both Japanese and English NoAH on PC SoonTM. I personally know most of the members and have seen their other works, they are great guys with good skill and good mentality, so I'm sure both port and translation won't disappoint.

>If anything that time could have been used for Faris or Luka
I dunno, I thought their limited screentime was fitting in 0. In fact I actually like Lukako more in 0 than in original.

And so was Ultimate Chuuni Okabe, whats your point.

Why yes, a person suffers from PTSD tends to be annoying to others.

O;9 anime pretty much killed my interest to read the LN or even the VN.
Hopefully A;C turns out decent at least.

Nah, Hououin Kyouma was cool.
He gets shit done at the least.

Or sorry, I should have said the version of the engine it used is goddamn awful to port without actual access to it. They do have tools that they have been polishing lately to be able to manipulate the engine easier and faster now. But even our god Nagato (the programmer for S;G JAST release) had a huge amount of problems trying to port it as it was, so they decided to just make their own version (based on the one it actually uses, but now having complete access to it and without some problems it had) to make it better.

Also as a side note, PQube did confirm they asked MAGES. about NoAH but it got denied (ask them at AX or tell someone to ask them if you want for further proof), so yeah no official release, but as I previously mentioned we will be getting CoZ release at the very least, which I don't think is bad since their quality is better than MAGES. in-house team

I'll wait with hope in my heart that CoZ doesn't give up and makes sure to post updates semi-regularly so it doesn't seem like they died

If there are people that won't give up on a project is them. They are also pretty advanced already anyway, and yeah I'm certain they will release post updates if needed. I'm sure they will accept criticism. So yeah I hope everyone enjoys NoAH, and hopefully with C;C being released in a couple months and NoAH SoonTM, people will care more about SciADV as a whole and not only S;G.

post-release updates*

Hey, may alpha Suzuha wanted to chill with friends at s;g world line? Besides it doesn't make sense it wouldn't be s;g world line considering world lines aren't parallel universes.

S;G 0 was necessary to make all the people who kept claiming S;G's ending was an asspull to shut up.

Sadly, it does have noticeable quality issues and was rushed in many places. They end up holding it back from its full potential.

normies love S;G
science lmao!!!1
they probably don't even complete trap route

Moeka's always been a good girl. The anime didn't do her justice.

Good thing I didn't like the adaptation and really loved the VN. She was ok but she was 100% the worst S;G character but that's because there are a lot of good characters.

Am i a tasteless pleb or was sg boring as fuck

>but when do you think they're going to stop milking it?

Never. It's simply too big and well known.

I consider S;G0 non-canon due to how poorly it was handled (and all of the new S;G related crap coming along as well). Even if I did like Maho, her tiny body just couldn't save it.

There's Steins;Gate, and that's it.

Steins;Gate is the only worthwhile thing Chiyomaru has ever written so if "milking" it means making more worthwhile things then godspeed

>Steins;Gate is the only worthwhile thing Chiyomaru has ever written
Get ready to be proven wrong this September

No thanks.

>S;G is the ONLY worthwhile thing he's written
>and that means I won't read anything he writes making it impossible for me to begin to think otherwise
Logical claim you've got there, buddy.

Lain was waaay better than those /shit;shit/ VN/anime stuff

I hope DaSH will be enjoyable and focus on all the characters except Kurisu.

Chiyo didn't even write them.

Maho a cute

Nigga I just want a slice of life anime sequel. Stuff like Labmems just chilling in S;G worldline. Now that would be good shit.

There's plenty of that in drama CDs. Like this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=MYEfAPfqpNQ

How good is regular C;H?

It's kinda good but not really special. NoAH though it's even better than S;G imo. If you want, you can play C;H meanwhile, and then NoAH once CoZ finishes translating it. If you aren't in a hurry, just wait for NoAH being done.

Mostly wanted to play it before C;C comes out but is NoAH will actually some out "soon" then I can wait.

CoZ here. Don't expect to be able to read NoAH before C;C.
I also wouldn't let the lack of NoAH hold you back from reading the original C;H, so long as you're fine with a somewhat less than desirable translation, because you have to get through the original C;H content to get to the Noah-exclusive content anyway.

This here. Not from CoZ, but reading C;H before C;C is better than nothing at all. If NoAH isn't going to be relased before, then just play C;H.
Part of NoAH does slightly set up for parts of C;C, but it's very almost irrelevant and C;H helps more than what the other does.
Just remember that base C;H isn't all of the story. NoAH fixes all the problems C;H had and added a lot more good story, so even if you don't end up liking C;H that much, I would still recommend you to give NoAH a try when it comes out.

>Don't expect to be able to read NoAH before C;C.

Wait what is coming on september?