Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuschwanstein_Castle
fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalevalatalo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Obligatory best building ever built
>tfw the designer died two years prior to its completion
>tfw he went blind during it's contruction

Poor Steindl.
He built perhaps the most beautiful building in the world, but he couldn't see his masterpiece.
He only got a bust, and it's inside the building.
He'd deserve a statue somewhere on the square behind the Parliament

Bruges

Czech republic is great.
But I actually have no idea what they are like over there like I do most European countries, I just admire their architecture.

Another Czech republic great.

I don't know what they were thinking when they designed this but I love it.

Oh cool, a castle.
Any cool Lore surrounding it?

Fort worth Texas looks better than this.

Never finished, the guy who ordered its construction went bankrupt from the costs.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuschwanstein_Castle

Why dont you go to Europe then? I'm sure you can find some free time during your vacation.

Post some Euro Art Deco

That's the problem with such great architecture, it costs too much.

I already planned to go to Hawaii this summer. I wish I could do a European vacation. Maybe next time.

Schon

Meh.
The exterior didn't cost that much, but if you want to fill all of your room with hand crafted furniture and gold gilding, then it's natural that you'll end up being broke.

That was a neat read, thanks.

Some bavarian dude wanted to dickwave, so he ordered this fancy castle in some bumfuck nowhere

Now, such a building would be pretty expensive, and back then even more, the fact that it's in a tricky location didn't help

He went bankrupt and i think the entire thing resulted in a mess

19th century architecture is so pathetic. It's an overfanciful mashup of old styles, without any own invention, elegancy and spirit.

Pure kitsch.

meh, detailed buildings are still mediocre if they're all the fucking same

Your welcome.
To be honest, fancy castles like that usually don't have an interesting backstory. Castles were fortresses, and if they are in good condition, then that means they were never really besieged.
The ones with epic history usually got destroyed, then rebuilt multiple times

It might cost you less than Hawaii, depending on where you live in the states. If you live on the East coast, then it will be cheaper for sure. From the bigger east coast cities you can find some round trip tickets for about $600 (depending on the month, of course) to London or Amsterdam, from there you can always take a low cost carrier, or travel by train (although it would be more expensive usually). If you are from the west coast then it's much worse there. But you can still get from LAX to London for about $500 and book something to mainland Europe separately.

Not sure if you were interested in what I've written but you will not regret travelling to Europe.

Spotted the (((architect)))

Chester reminds me of one of those towns in Oblivion.

Bravo

>"Kalevalatalo or Kalevala-house in english was a building designed by Eliel Saarinen for Kalevalaseura or Kalevala-society in the year 1921 but it was never actually built."

fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalevalatalo

forgot to mention that it was not built due to money shortage

Church in Iceland

what was to bi it's purpose tho

Fuck, let's try the inside

Since we are bigger than the rest of Europe, this is THE officialâ„¢ European Style.

shame about that minnaret

Too bad this is what the other side looks like.
But what can you expect from Balkaniggers?

Wtf, I've never had my uploads do this, any anons know why?

That's just a souvenir from the Ottoman era.
The mosque was demolished a long time ago

>"Kalevala-house was to become the headquarters of Kalevala-society and also the center of finnish culture."

>"There would have been a research center, exhibit spaces, workspace for artists and "research tombs" (no idea what that is).

>"Main tower of the building would had a crypt in its basement for the graves of great finns."

Sorry for my horrible translation :D

If only that fucking hotel wasn't there...

The fuck is this? It looks like an angry cyclops

awesome, based hungary never seized to amaze me
10/10 for the cross ontop

I don't know i think it's post modernism, it's called the bull ring it's in Birmingham

Hamburg ?

Really love that modernist neo-classical look. Quintessentially fashy. The actual assembly hall is pretty fucking sweet, million years better than the Swedish abomination.

The insides are a bit too striped for me.
Also, I heard the building got an (((extension)))

fucking commieblocks

Balmoral

Eh, compared to Sweden's modern hall the Finnish one is perfect.

Pic related, look at this fucking cucked modernist abomination. Looks like some generic lecture hall.
Here is where our "politicians" decide how to best ruin the country more.

>you will never get to go to all these places

wtf, the Riksdag wasn't even bombed.

Oh yeah i was there

The hotel isn't too bad, from the distance it's hard to notice since it fits in pretty well

Sweden bombed itself during the late 60's and then the 70's.

it's a shithole

I wouldn't even mind the building if the windows weren't fucked up.

>>I don't know what they were thinking when they designed this

DUDEWAHT.jpeg