FLCL

So... what's your opinion about the new FLCL series?

It's gonna be horrendously bad and the threads will be 200% cancer.

FLCL without Imaishi isn't FLCL

I never liked FLCL and I'm not looking forward to the flood of threads about the new one.

I lost all hope when I saw the moe uguu kawaii desu yo ne neko mimi shoujo. They understood nothing of the series and why the characters looked mundane and realistic.

I'm in love with Haruko's voice so I reckon it will be good enough for me, I didn't enjoy the original much, possibly because I watched it past adolescence

No Naota. No sale.

I'd be more excited if it was like a new IP featuring Haruko or something.
None of the new characters remind me of the original series.

I'll watch it for the soundtrack and Haruko. Hopefully Naota will pop up

The show will probably be shit. New Pillows music will be great.

Cheap cashgrab.

Do you need to watch the old FLCL?

this looks worse. The main character is fine the autism has to stop

>meme headphones

I have to agree with this guy.
Newfags are gonna try to force threads into being fun like they did with Mayoiga by making something out of nothing.

FLCL was a product of its circumstances and the fact that a lot of the original staff aren't on outside the pillows and the (director?) is pretty worrying.

I really have a problem with this character design.
Its like the designer has vague memory of FLCL and thought "oh quirky random characters? I can do that" and just added an unnecessary element to a normal design.
FLCL's main cast all looked normal and casual outside of Canti and to an extent Haruko, and even Canti tried to fit in by wearing clothes despite being a robot.

Could be good, could be shit. who knows.

Either way I'll end up watching it. It has a lot of the same people doing it. They're having The Pillows do an original score for FLCL2+3 which they didn't even do with the first one. Both FLCL2 and FLCL3 are their own stories which is better than ruining a self-contained story that was FLCL1.

The animation and character design looks kinda bland but we only saw 30 seconds of it. Hopefully they'll have a lot of avant-garde animation sequences (but different) like the original.

I didn't watch it.

I don't think FLCL needed a sequel

It's gonna be shit. I warned you.

It's going to ruin an iconic piece of my childhood.

inb4 she turns out to be Naota's daughter.

Too old

Do we know how long after the original series this is set?

What can I say about a show that hasn't come out yet?
I'm interested.

What does FLCL mean?

The new MC makes me depressed.

Presumably it's present day

But we don't know for sure.

If it is present day that would put Naota somewhere in his early 30s

Yeah I wanna see mature, bishonen-male Naota.

If we assume the original series was also "present day" at the time, and she's a middle schooler?
Seems possible.

What obnoxiously fake facial hair will he have?

I really hope they don't make
Naota's character completely different.
I have this worry that they'll make him some super quirky adult like his dad.

If Naota knocked up Ninamori as a teenager

It's not out of the question.

>Naota x Haruko won't ever happen
Still sad.

It does happen.

It's not supposed to.
Haruko is the older gilr you have a crush on in middle school, but would never be able to get with.
Ninamori is the girl who was actually into you.

Haruko was caring enough of Naota to not drag him into space. It was a one way relationship until the end where she started to put Naota's life first.

The girl isnt the MC. It's the boy with the glasses.

If Naota was 13-14 in the original show, he'd be 31-32 in this show. He could have easily gotten someone pregnant when he was 18-20

oddly optimistic.
Every time I watch the original run, I understand more and more of it and makes me tear up because of how beautiful the story is. With the help of the Pillows perfect music and placement, it just adds more to the ride.
I can only hope they understand what made the original great work on that.

Naota was 12

>original FLCL had a South Park sequence
>neo FLCL will have an Archer sequence

Only the girl is mentioned in the synopsis

they might do somethign good with it. just avoid Sup Forums commentary on it altogether.

you are a sick man
go post in a Boku no Piku thread

>Should I watch a 6 episode OVA?

Just watch it

>hidomi. Hidomi. HIDOMIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Your childhood is flimsy as fuck if something like this can retroactively ruin something in your memories. Jesus you're pathetic.

Has it been said what Ide's relationship to Hidomi is? Like, are they friends or just classmates?

>It's the boy with the glasses.
Tell me you're joking.

Would you a smelly, functionally homeless high school truant?

Honestly I'm confused as to what the fuck Haruko is even doing back on Earth. Atomsk fled, and I doubt he'd be back here. If she needs someone with an N.O. channel open to try and pull him through then why even grab the new girl and not Naota? He'd probably be willing to help out an old friend.

Why was she on Earth when Amarao was a kid? How old is she actually anyway?

The original is very over rated to begin with, it could have only been saved with an /ss/ ending, so I don't expect the new series to be any good.

I'll just go ahead and say it. I liked that the characters aged looks. I like the updated design. I like the new music by the Pillows. The only thing I don't like is those dumbass meme headphones.

Headphones in public should honestly just be illegal

Is this a girl or a girl (male)?

Headphones in public are fine. The type with outward facing fucking speakers are not.

To be honest i am cautiously hyped. The trailer soon as it started with That Pillows song (btw does anyone know the name of the song from the trailer?) i tried not to be hype but it was too much.

Honestly if it ends up being to FLCL what Diebuster was to Gunbuster i will be satisfied.

The song is called Spiky Seeds

I wonder if Hidomi will be the MC of FLCL3 or will they go with a new MC. Also i think this kid is Naota and Ninamori's

The song is Spiky Seeds
Its written out for you in the version of the trailer on the official website. Not available for download or on any of their old albums.

If TRIGGER were involved there would be a Steven Universe sequence

Most of the original soundtrack was taken from already released albums, right?

Would make love to missionary and impregnate.

Looks great. Pillows are back, Sadamoto is back, Production IG is behind it so I'm not worried about the animation sucking.

But I know in my heart that it will never be better than the first FLCL. That one has a special place seeing it in Middle School and High School.

I'm just happy we're getting more of it. And if it sucks, we still have the first one. But I'm staying optimistic.

Yeah it was, although Ride on Shooting Star was written for the anime. So I'm guessing Spiky Seeds will be the new ED for at least the 2nd season, or they're going with a traditional style OP unlike the original and that will use the song. The rest of the soundtrack, if Production I.G. has any idea of what they're doing, will be other songs by The Pillows from older soundtracks.
Personally I hope to see a good selection from their album "My Foot".

It looks good so far. It has the staff that matter, and is shaping up to be more of a true sequel than anything that Trigger would have done.

I honestly couldn't get through the original. Tried several times. Great music, though. Excited for new Pillows songs.

How lewd will the new ending be?

is the song name supposed to be ride on (a) shooting star or ride on (comma) shooting star

Tsurumaki is involved as well. I would have loved if Trigger were in there somewhere in some form but they are working on their TTGL successor.

Damn FLCL 2 and possibly Gunbuster 3. What a time to be alive

>It's not supposed to.

Says who?

>Naota x Ninamori

This would be shit

Where is this Gunbuster 3 stuff coming from? Which studio is trying to bring that back?

Shit taste

Yamaga mentioned that they were actively working on a script for it so i assume Gainax will be involved.

i didn't know people existed with taste this fucking garbage

>It's the boy with the glasses.

Naota is the boy with the glasses

Yes, a thirty year old high school boy

Well holy fuck. This is fantastic news.

>Yes, a thirty year old high school boy

What went wrong in his life

Sucks that they are on the outs with Anno. Would've loved him being involved in some way. As a nostalgiafag it sucks seeing Gainax divided and selling off/losing IPs. Hope fully Aoki Uru still gets made as well

Would be cool to see Naota working for the Bureau in Amarao's old position, but unlike him he got over Haruko and mainly just there to do his job and stop whatever plans she has in store for Hidomi and Glasses kid

So much of the FLCL animation was frantic due to the animators trying out all sort of different digital techniques. It was literally experimental at times.

The only way they could capture the same feeling is if they gather several young animators and just let them go wild, thats not gonna happen. Being pessimistic, think most of it will look as generic and bland as the main girl and they will have sakuga scenes here and there for the sake of being sakuga scenes which will just make it feel artificial.

>Headphones in public should honestly just be illegal

You shouldn't exist after saying that

Earphones are superior in every way and don't scream LOOK WHAT FUCKING HIPSTER TRASH I AM

>Also i think this kid is Naota and Ninamori's

Trust me that's actually Naota himself

JC Staff

That and the story about them blowing off steam after End of Eva

Maybe Anno should hurry the fuck up and give them something to be depressed about

It's gonna be hilarious when Sup Forums realizes tumblr SJWs are shitting all over one of their favorite animes.

>female protag
>collaboration with the network that brought you Adventure Time and Stephen Universe

It has to be tiring constantly viewing the world through this lens.

>waa times are changing ess jay dubyas takin way muh vagina bones

>implying that would be bad

Yes, because it's great and without fail it will be ten times better than anything FLCL2 will be.

Do you mean when tumblr SJWs start praising FLCL2?

It's incredibile how just a couple of touches greatly improve the design.

>Would be cool to see Naota working

Did you not see him in the previews

The shitting happens when they compare s2 to s1 and decide s1 was ruined by phallic imagery.