What's your favorite Haruhi episode, Sup Forums?

What's your favorite Haruhi episode, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YCyo4geEu-0
haruhi.wikia.com/wiki/Book_timeline
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tie between Someday in the Rain and pic related.

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, easy.

Live A Live

That moment with Haruhi and Lyon at the end is great.

Someday in the Rain

Live Alive forever

one of my favorite scenes in the whole series.

Arguably the turn-around point for Haruhi's character which sadly will never get entirely animated

That one summer vacation episode. I liked it so much, I actually watched it 8 times in a row.

kyon-kun denwa.

Someday in the Rain. obviously

runners up: Melancholy Part One and Four

Either Someday in the Rain or Live Alive

Nagato vs Asakura

No love for island murder? Loved both parts.

Those had some good moments.

the movie

Island murder is good but overshadowed by Snowy Mountain (but it'll never get adapted anyway).

Favorite episode as a whole is probably Live A Live, but my favorite scene is that stupid part where Haruhi and Kyon are supposedly on bad terms, and Kyon whines himself in front of his friends into realizing he should apologize.

Then keeps bitching all the way until he reaches Haruhi, who happens to be holding her hair in a ponytail for no good reason and has to drop it abruptly because of Kyon entered the room. They did not need to animate that part, I have no idea why they did.

Because it was cute

Melancholy 6 reference

I was always wondering, what kind of "disgraceful behavior" Kyon and Haruhi have engaged.
I would love to see drunk Haruhi, shame on you Kyoanus

man, how'd you miss that?

pretty important scene imo, without it and just a couple others, Haruhi is nothing but a monster.

That episode when Kyon meet weird people, aliens and bizarre experiences but Haruhi is ignored.

what a waste of quad 7s

She's a good girl when she's not confused.

Someday in the Rain. SoL anime wish they could achieve that level of comfy.

>shame on you Kyoanus
Blame Jap TV standards. It's the same reason we get this kind of retardation.

When I said they didn't need to animate it, I meant the secret ponytail, not the apology part.

Good thing they were able to settle that part with minimal to no swallowing of pride on Haruhi's part, especially since IIRC it was her going overboard on Mikuru that pushed Kyon into physical altercation mode.

Needs more denwa

The one with Mahler VIII.

The one where she almost gets beaten to a pulp.

Almost cut myself on this post

The one where Kyon hits her.

>I was always wondering, what kind of "disgraceful behavior" Kyon and Haruhi have engaged
Funny that you posted that because I had no recollection of something like that happening in the novels (I'm referring to the bakatsuki version btw.). So I just looked it up and here's the passage from bakatsuki:

"That night, it seems that Koizumi carried an unconscious me back to my room. That’s what
Koizumi told me afterwards. He said I reeked of booze just as much as Haruhi, but since I don’t
remember anything, I pretended not to hear that, and refused to remember that such a thing
happened. I’ll treat it as one of Koizumi’s jokes."

This completely changes the meaning of this passage since the "disgraceful behaviour" has very strong implications, it sounds more like they were making out which would also be very believable considering the alcohol. It pisses me off when translations are so divergent that they're mutually exclusive.

Never trust fan translations. Official translations aren't perfect but they're miles ahead.

The first episode of S3.

Kyon never hit her

>Official translations aren't perfect but they're miles ahead.
I wouldn't be so sure of that, it's naive to assume that just because something's "official" it's consequently better. The only thing that means is that people get paid for what they're doing and when it comes to obscure stuff like Japanese light novels it's not that much to begin with. There's an "official" German dub of Haruhi and it sounds like it was made by a bunch of amateurs (that's because it basically was).

It's not always the case but most of the time, official translations have much better localization than the almost literal translation you'll usually find in amateur fansubs. And let's not even talk about mistakes. Some fansubs are great but these are a minority.

>they played it backwards

Speaking of dubs
The Russian dub is good shit

youtube.com/watch?v=YCyo4geEu-0

hahah what teh fukc

>backwards
What? It's just the last part of the development section of the first movement, leading to the reprise of the main theme.

fucking loved those.

The ones that didn't have Haruhi in it

Good choice. Disappearance did it better, though.

Almost all of them?

That's what I meant. But I didn't know what to call the opening loud singing and the music playing bring switched.

The one where I dropped it right after it took a steaming shit on a great concept.

Does the movie count as an episode? It's probably one of my favorite movies of all time.

Sighs IV, ie. picture related. already explained why it was great.

Haruhi is surprisingly minor in the show despite her importance.

Hard mode - What was everybody's favorite endless eight episode? For me it was episode 15.

>that ending with the clock ticking

Looked so good it was criminal

Oh shit that was a good one too. I feel those were the best episodes of endless eight by far, they had distinctly different direction compared to the others.

Same. Best Yukatas. 13 gets special mention for the chinese swimsuit though.

b

That's not very nice user. But I bet Snowy Mountain would easily move to my favorite episodes of all time if it were animated.

This is a GOAT episode. Yuki a best girl.

>episodes
This deserves an OVA. Spooky Kyoani mansion.

Snowy Mountain wouldn't even be the first episode of S3. Melancholy of Mikuru would be first I think.

Mikuru happens way after Snowy Mountain (which is right after Disappearance)

Talking about Melancholy of Mikuru, it'd be nice to have another broadcast order that jumbles short stories with that volume.

Isn't it literally right after the Disappearance though?

Its been so long that I can't remember any of the episodes other than the groundhog day one.
Fug im old.

According to haruhi.wikia.com/wiki/Book_timeline we're all wrong. Love at first sight is directly after Disappearance and then Snowy Mountain comes after it.
Funny how two of the best short stories are immediately after Disappearance.

>Live Alive

Japs are retarded

Why does she stare out the window like that?

Maybe her soul hurts

Episode 4. Specifically when Nagato turns around and you can tell she's about ready to strangle Haruhi.

Endless 8 episode is the best episode.

Wasn't that the last episode of E8?

The one where Haruhi is a massive cunt, Kyon is a boring asshole, Koizumi is gay, the Rei expy does an infodump, the moeblob gets felt up and NYAAAAs about it, and then absolutely thing happens.
Wait, that's every episode because Haruhi is trash that tries to be every genre at once but does literally none of them well.
Those poor animators could've been working on something intelligent or something cool, but instead they animated the same episode where nothing happens 8 times because apparently it's too much work for you fucking weebs to just cup your mouth over a dog's asshole and get your fill directly.

too deep for you?

Melancholy of Mikuru is the short story where they save the time travel inventor kid from being run over, not Intrigues which is what you're thinking about.

Disgusting taste.

Is this pasta?

I sense a lot of anger coming from this post. Who hurt you user?

So which volumes are the best? I'm half way disappearance now

Disappearance = Dissociation > Surprise > Snowy Mountain = Intrigues >= Indignation > Wavering and I forgot about the rest.

It's weird that can't get enough of this series and yet I agree 100% with this.

Definitely one of the top tier scenes in the series. The music starts up at just the right moment and Kyoani does a great job with the wind and grass effects. Some good directing imo.

There's even that (speculated) supernatural moment when she tries to throw the grass at Kyon.

Someday in the Rain

There are lots of episodes where HAruhi isn't pissy though.

>There's even that (speculated) supernatural moment when she tries to throw the grass at Kyon
It's also symbolical for things not going Haruhi's way for once, which is kind of the point of that story.

t. bassist

always thought it was shit, but i love watching kyon and haruhi together in such a different situation.

The space RTS episode.

Come on guys, it's obviously Episode 00, how can there be any other answers?

Episode 00 is art.

I feel like you wanted to say "kino" here.

This is Kino

This or rather he was going to punch her face before cuccboi stepped in

Last scene ever.

Turkey doesn't count

If FMP can get a new adaption after 10 years, so can Haruhi