Describe the personality of Ichigo Kurosaki

Describe the personality of Ichigo Kurosaki

>muh friends

there isn't any

Brooding and violent. When's the last time he tried to solve a conflict through words?

Whatever the plot needs

QT

I dunno..stubborn, loyal, martyr complex...something something gotta save muh friends

Ichigo lost his personality around the same time bleach's art did.

boring

Mary Sue

Insecure teenager with a complex because he blames himself for the death of his mom. Gets better.

Is this possibly the greatest delivery in all of anime and manga?

sawdust

I like him. Also glad he married best girl and had a cute OP son with her.

I still prefer him to the retard glutton type of MC

no, but it is one of the moments that shows off how early bleach had real soul compared to the shameless cash grab it became.

Jap punk with a good HEART.

Actual chad

smug faggot who becomes really a pathetic cuck when he faces a good opponent

see: grimmjow, ulquiorra, ichimaru, aizen pt 1, yhwach pt 1

>Cuck
Fuck off

it is so sad

bleach should have remained a comfy ghostbuster show and maybe ventured into soul society at the end

the cancerous dragonballification of it was painful

no you fuck off

aizen should have had orihime gangbanged by all his arrancars

Orihime was for Ichigo only.

You can't describe something which is not even exists.

Early Ichigo was a punk who really only cared about saving what was in front of him. Rukia however forced him to push himself to be a better person, which was what made their early conflicts so fun. He blamed himself for his mother's death and had a few insecurities about it too. He's loyal to a fault, but withdrawn and distant from those around him because he doesn't want them to get hurt.

This changes however going into the Soul Society arc, which is where Bleach starts to really fall apart. It goes from a charming supernatural slice of life series focused on a small group of characters to a full blown battle series focused on a large set of characters. While the arc isn't bad it started the fall. Ichigo was no longer the most marketable kid on the block for one, the Gotei 13 and company were. Bleach's popularity hinged on those characters. They were stylish, unique, fun. Their designs oozed with personalities, as did their fights. Ichigo was never Bleach to a majority of people, the Soul Society was Bleach. Kubo began to struggle to keep Ichigo relevant. Not many Jump main characters struggle to place in the top 5 of their popularity polls. By the third Poll Ichigo was barely hanging on to the number 1 spot. He then fell to number 3 for the reminder of the polls.

The main humans suffered badly. Chad and Ishida were tossed aside in favor of the more popular Renji, Orihime was cut down to a plot device, Tatsuki and the others never got the powers or focus they were originally destined for, and worst of all Kubo was forced into a cycle of trying to recreate the success of the Gotei 13. Every group after feels like a cheap imitation.

Bleach falls apart because through corporate mandates it stopped being the manga Kubo wanted to write. His art gets sloppy, his writing gets sloppy, the care he had early on starts to chip away the deeper you go.

maybe, what if, she got BLACKED by tosen?

muh mom
muh bankai
muh Inoue

More importantly...

ICHIGO WAS MEANT TO BE WITH RUKIA SHE CHANGED HIM AS A PERSON GODDAMIT FUCKING SHUEISHA AND NIPS SHOULD SHOVE THAT DUMB ORANGE BROAD UP THEIR ASSHOLE AAAAAAAAAA

is there a Bleach Done Right : The Manga? this series had so much potential

Condom-ish. Bland, uptight and is all about protecting.

In the last real popularity poll for Bleach, which was the fourth poll, Ishida got 5th place while Renji got 11th.

No. Ichigo was always meant to be with Orihime.

7/10

Bleach summed up in six words

Nah. From day one Hime was Ichigo's girl. Rukia was more popular than her, and more popular than Ichigo even. Hitsugaya ranked number 1, and Rukia ranked number 2 No way Shueisha said "put Ichigo with the least popular girl". If they even cared.

Rukia and Renji, and Ichigo and Orihime were always the clear end goals. It's clearly the intent. Shippers just find a way to delude themselves.

a much worse version of yusuke urameshi

In what world is Orihime the least popular girl? She always did fine in the popularity polls.

Ichiruki happening literally has nothing to do with Rukia being popular. It has to do with the fact that Kubo didn't want them together like he stated that one time in that interview years ago.

eat a dick orinigger, their relationship was basically nonexistent except for 5 minutes in the arrancar arc, he clearly didn't give a fuck about orihime romantically before, and afterwards in the xcution and blood war arcs

until kubo was threatened with cancellation and wrote up some bullshit to allow him to create the premise for a Boruto style future sequel

At the beginning?

A stubborn but loyal and ultimately good-natured curmudgeon.

After SS? Literally nothing, his personality evaporates after that arc, along with the entire plot.

ichigo and rukia still otp, and kubo could have paired them up in all kinds of combinations

Man good for my boy Ishida. He did get killed in the second and the third at least, which was when he started to fall from relevancy. And around where I tapped out honestly. I only kept up in bits and pieces after that.

you're deluded if you think jump/a potential sequel had zero influence over the pairiings

>Ichigo was no longer the most marketable kid on the block for one, the Gotei 13 and company were. Bleach's popularity hinged on those characters. They were stylish, unique, fun. Their designs oozed with personalities, as did their fights. Ichigo was never Bleach to a majority of people, the Soul Society was Bleach.
I wonder why this didn't happen with the Gold Saints when Saint Seiya was running on Jump.

He could've created an Ichiruki child for the Boruto style future sequel so your argument makes no sense desu.

I think that Ichigo had feelings for her, but simply didn't have time to realize them like the standard MC plus there was the fact that Kubo couldn't IH confirm until the last chapter.

Rukia is a dead soul, Ichigo is a living soul. Ichigo would have had to die and go to SS for this to happen.

This is literally why these two shit pairings took place.

He fights for his friends. That's it.

>five ambulances
>for five dudes
This would make sense in America, but nips are tiny, I'm sure they can put more than one person in each ambulance.

Kubo could've pulled some of his classic bullshit to have Ichigo stay in SS in the end and you know it.

Almost a year later and you people are still coming up with conspiracy theories on why Ichiruki didn't happen and it's pathetic desu. Ichihime and Renruki were incredibly obvious and became even more obvious the longer the series went on where Kubo started to write less and less Ichigo/Rukia and would throw you guys a bone with a colorspread to keep you happy.

>started to write less and less Ichigo/Rukia
Pretty sure that had more to do with the fact that he was writing less and less Ichigo at all than anything else.

Kubo needs a human MC and a shingami sub-MC for his Boruto. Both kids fit the mould. He has a ton of future plotlines readymade now.

>hurr I am kid but also a shinigami
>hurr my human shinigami life
>hurr my pure shinigami friend needs to adjust in the human world
>hurr durr I need fight hollows but nevermind I am still a human
>being a living shinigami fucked my soul up, I am secretly also a hollow hurr durr

Besides, why the fuck else would Renji and Rukia have a kid when they have been together for a tiny amount of time by SS standards?

Not really. We had a ton of Ichigo in both the HM and FB arcs. Those interact in the beginning of the HM arc and in the end and only interact when she returns his powers back in the FB arc; hell Kubo doesn't even bother to have Ichigo say bye to Rukia before leaving in SS after retrieving Ginjous body like the anime did then in the last arc, they interacted a total of two times.

I also think he got bored of their relationship since it was fully developed. He would show how strong their bond still was with Rukia kicking Ichigo back into shape and giving him a mentor like speech, but would never develop it to another step.

Bleach is not getting a sequel.

Kubo allowing a movie is a sign he stopped caring. He was very adamant during early Bleach that he would never allow a live action movie to happen.

>Orihime was always intended
>Rukia dropped in popularity later on so obviously she wasn't going to win
I hate all shipperfags equally, but that's some backwards logic you've got there.

fuck these shit pairings, I wanted Shunsui to get either with Lisa or with Nanao (initally wanted Lisa but Nanao's incest angle made it extremely hot)

him and Lisa definitely had something (explicitly mentioned in TURN BACK THE PENDULUM). now the poor fucker lost his eye and is doing a thankless high-stress job for basically nothing while the other captains talk shit about him for not being as good as yamamoto

Kazui and Ichika are obviously the new Death and Strawberry. Their parents passed the torch to them and they'll do the same with their firstborns and so on.

why did he need to do that? the ending would have basically been near-perfect if they all just gathered to watch Chad's boxing match as friends. as a vague ending

there was ZERO need for either pairing to solidify

Because Kubo wanted Ichihime and Renruki to be happily married with kids of their own that would inherit the title. He's stated about three different times since the ending that Kazui and Ichika meeting was his main goal in the end.

I didn't say Rukia dropped in popularity, I said she was more popular than Hime.

That user suggested Shueshia was the one that made him change it, but Orihime was less popular than Rukia. They wouldn't do that. Rukia constantly took the number 2 slot in character polls, even when Ichigo dropped to number 3.

he's just shifting the goalposts, if that was his main goal why the fuck was he wishy-washy in his earlier interviews and live sessions with fans?

>Kubo-sensei, will we see Ichigo with romantic interest
>I have never really thought about romance and stuff lol

Kubo's greed and shit writing fucked this series up good

Nah, Kubo never said that. He said romance would never be the main focus but would include it here and there and it stayed true to his word.

the session transcripts are available on the bleach wikia

read them and decide for yourself. I won't blame you if you admit you're a ichihime/renruki fag, just don't make it sound lie "I'M JUST BEING REALISTIK LOLZ"

i say this every bleach thread but Kubo's next manga should be about fashion so he can focus on his great character designs without bloating the cast and losing sight of the main characters.

Generic hero with all the toppings.

Closest thing is Yu Yu Hakusho

Yes, it's called Yu Yu Hakusho.

Didn't come here for this. Laughed anyway

I thought you were taking about a different interview(the one where Kubo states romance won't be a focus but he'll add it in the story here and there), my bad. As for the one you posted then Kubo was obviously lying since he was already developing Orihimes feelings by this point, and her feelings for Ichigo were the constant pinch of romance we got throughout the series.

>Tatsuki was the only girl who understood him
>Rukia and Orihime fags still deny this.

Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor

that is aizen you're describing. ichigo is stupid and dumb as a piece of wood, his asspulls make him seem intelligent

Literally everyone who wasn't a retarded Rukiafag saw Orihime x Ichigo happening.

It was still enjoyable seeing their butthurt after being cancerous for so many years

More interested in who's going to win the Hitsugayabowl since Hinamori has been ignoring him since that one time he stuck his sword deep inside her from behind

>"Please don't get hurt anymore, Kurosaki-kun!"

>"Sorry, Grimmjow, I can't afford to get hurt anymore"

Was there even a chance for Ichiruki after this?

Aizen x Hinamori needs to happen

I want her to go on a rampage and free Aizen, then Aizen stabs her again with his dick

Yeah someday Isshin will have to introduce is former 3rd seat to his lovely tomboy daughter.

Being glad about an objectively inferior and asspulled ship just further cements your shit taste you know.

Nope. Ichihime was in the big since her confession and some would even say it was in the bag since the pilot.

Ichihime and Renruki are good. Stay assblasted.

Is Bleach the greatest fall from grace in manga history?

Both ships and their developments happened completely offscreen as a mere sidenote. It's as if they live on their own islands completely out of touch with everyone and everything else in the story.

Kubo had the ships and the continuation in mind for a long time, but did nothing to prep it before dropping a final chapter that only made sense in the meta of manga, outside of the actual story.

I think his lack of personality in the later chapters kinda makes since, literally his entire life is fighting and he has all this pressure put on him to save everyone since the Gotei 13 basically becomes useless after SS arc.

He needs to partner up with someone who writes a story and he just has to draw cool shit. Which is why he wanted fo become a Mangaka. To draw cool shit.

Most likely. The Memories in the Rain arc is a wonderful arc and proof that Kubo had talent at one point as a writer.

It's a shame the anime brutally raped that arc. At least the OVA exists.

I think Ichihime had nice development and Ichigo treated her differently than any other character while Renruki had a history together and after reuniting they stayed attached at the hip. Renji and Rukia reminded me of Roy and Riza actually; great duo with history that eventually end up together.

I want to write shonentrash for Kubo to draw. If only I weren't a disgusting American.

Renji's entire initial character arc is "I love Rukia but do I abandon my duty for her?"

Orihime is after Ichigo's dick from the moment she's introduced. It got worse after SS. Orihime's initial arc is mapped out to be "I want to be strong like Ichigo and Tatsuki so I can protect them." but Kubo ditches that early into SS and she just becomes a healslut with boobs.

Dammit, man. I was all for ichiruki but this made me laugh.

Still, this is a really good argument.

>Renji and Rukia reminded me of Roy and Riza
Please, don't compare RenRuki with the magnificent that is Roy x Riza.

at the very least, It was fun.

So i'm satisfied.

>Roy and Riza
>eventually end up together

user...

>Ishida
His and Aizen's development were the things that hurt me the most because they were the reason that kept me on the ride until the end. It hurts even more with Aizen because I love that man so fucking much.

She isn't after his dick; yes she likes him and eventually falls in love with him, but never once pushes her feelings onto him or tries to become anything more than a close friend. The only time is when she was about to kiss him before heading off to HM, but stops herself because she knows what she's doing is wrong.

She also ever changes so I'm not sure what you're talking about. She managed to protect and save Tatsuki with her abilities and her main goal after that is to be able to do the same with Ichigo and while she does protect him with her shield and heal him after that, she wants to stand on the same battlefield with him and finally gets that opportunity after Ichigo decides to finally count on her and stop worrying so much over her safety. It was refreshing seeing Ichigo who liked to take everything on by himself and sideline Orihime out of concern, rely on her and tagteam a literal God with her.

They are alike but Renji and Rukia have known each other longer and didn't have a separation. Both are constantly attached at the hip and support each other and are physical with each other in ways they aren't with other characters. Despite being separated for 40+years, Rukia had no problem immediately clutching ad crying into Renjis chest after being reunited. There's a certain level of comfort and familiarity both pairings have with each other that they don't with other characters.

Roy and Riza are together in the end, they just can't get married because they're both in the service.

Insecure idealist unable to come to terms with things that are out of his control. Pretty much every character in Bleach has this complex, but Ichigo is the poster child for it. Whatever user called him a martyr pretty much nailed it. Bleach is about a bunch of narcissists.

Ichigo blamed himself for his mother dying and pretty much spent the whole series carrying the burden of saving everyone around him, and fell into depressions when he couldn't. During the Fullbring training arc, Chad comments that Ichigo's initial mastery of his Fullbring, which is supposed to be his connection to an item he cares about the most, ends up being his Soul Society badge shooting black energy all over his body; Ichigo at this point is "cloaked in power."

>That one guy who keeps insisting that IchiHime and Renruki are great endgame pairings every thread.

He just doesn't stop.

They are. Just get over it already.

>They are.
But they aren't. One, through it's whole run, was one-sided while the other was shallow.

IH is literally in the pilot, the fact that Kubo didn't change Orihime's feelings was a give away

Better to be one-sided than no-sided. By the way I always found Ichiruki to be a pretty shallow and meme pairing since so many of you shippers are like

>muh colorspreads
>muh titles
>muy black and white
>muh fillers

You guys have always given huge importance to shit that literally does not matter.

Ichigo and Rukia actually had proper character interaction. The stuff you greentexted were just bonuses.

they only interacted properly in 1 arc, JUST 1 ARC, and the first one of all things

And still superseded the official couples in character interactions.