Hey a/ remember Petite Princess Yucie? And if so who was your favorite princess? Mine was Glenda

Hey a/ remember Petite Princess Yucie? And if so who was your favorite princess? Mine was Glenda.

someone mentioned this series in a little witch academia thread a long time ago i think in discussion of the ending

i've yet to pick it up but i will eventually

Best episode.

It was a really sweet series. It made me cry towards the end.

Why is Glenda so good?

Yucie. Glenda was fun though.

Having an Imaishi episode with such a shoujo script was bizarre but worked surprisingly well.

Fairy princess a shit. Did anyone like her?

I liked the lesbian fairy.

Yes, I'm aware of how that sounds.

Ah, my favorite Gainax show.
My favorite princess was Yucie's father

Not sure what the context was, but Yucie definitely had a better structure than LWA.

I had mentioned it a while back in regards to Andrew's appearance lining up with Arc's (as well as the Imaishi ep being one off), but his latter appearances did not.

I'm glad Andrew wasn't an Arc, though. That sort of story doesn't fit LWA.

*Meant episode appearances, excuse me.

I just wish they had planned the characters out better. Episode 10 feels like it exists in a vacuum now. Frank/Lotte... ;_;

Whereas my only issue with Yucie was how Beth was introduced much too late.

They probably had a bunch of different ideas of where they wanted to go with LWA and got too attached to certain stories they couldn't discarded and ended up being virtually filler. Episode 10 isn't the only suddenly context-less episode; Andrew as a whole got all the meat of history either stolen by Diana or basically ignored.

I didn't like how the Father just let his beloved get NTRed from him.

Pretty cute show, though the ending was a little weird in terms of giving the romance a satisfying conclusion.

I mean, Yucie and the rest just have to grow up normally now anyways? Have fun waiting, Arc.

He wasn't in any position to do anything. She was already engaged/married by the time he returned with the tiara.

That part always soured the entire show for me. I can't remember if it was ever confirmed if the prince was his son or not.

i think that's where this screenshot is from

Arc always assumed he was Gunbard's (I would assume he started his quest due to a possible early birth?), but Gunbard told him that his father was the one who raised him, the same way Yucie sees Gunbard as her Papa and has no interest in seeking out her birth parents.

I wanted to see what they all looked like as their real ages. We only got to see Yucie

Ah so he cucked the king. Well that makes me feel a lot better.

Uh, no I'm pretty sure that's Honoka OP.

Glenda > Elmina >>>>>> Yucie > Beth > Cocoloo

The only two characters I can remember are Glenda and Yucie.

it was in reference to bittersweet ending approach

Cube was best boy.

I remember Elmina's sad episodes with how her dad, literally God, neglected her. And that Beth and Cocoloo were gay. But generally Glenda was the only one they allowed to do much.

>And that Beth and Cocoloo were gay.
Probably why I forgot them.