What was your first anime as a kid? What was the first anime you ever saw in your life...

What was your first anime as a kid? What was the first anime you ever saw in your life? Mine was Sailor Moon on FOX Kids at age 5.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XbUIb9Jo3Gk&list=PLSGiox8oS2IaXtDynCozASS3N2aVU83X8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

speed racer

Great Nostalgia I used to watch that on old CN. I think it was moved to Boomerang.

My parents rented My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service from Blockbuster for me when I was like 3

Super Dimension Fortress Macross in the form of Robotech

this and Noozles

Kimba the white lion.

I believe it was Sakura Card Captors.

Shaman king

Digimon got me into anime while Johnny quest got me into western animation.

HOW CAN I HELP YOU KING DEDEDE?

Moomins

I watched Pokemon on a channel called UPN 24 shortly after it started airing in the 90s. Might have caught a glimpse of DBZ or something before that, I don't remember.

I NEED A MONSTER TO CLOBBER THAT THERE KIRBY

Pretty sure it was Pokemon, and remember my first manga being Yotsuba in 2005, I think?

ancientfag here

I still want to see it raw or subbed.

Pokeman i guess

Captain Tsubasa but the show that got me into anime was Gundam SEED.

I used to watch Bayblade, Yugi and DBZ on public TV. But the animes that got me into it were Blood+, FullMetal Alchemist and Shaman King

Digimon on Fox Kids on Saturday mornings.

You now remember the Digi-Bowl

This and Transformers.
You can see the intro of Mahha Go Go Go! on Jewtube but I've never seen the whole show subbed.
Watching it in English is fine though because it has a hilarious dub.

Digimon was the first thing I got super obsessed with. Then when I found Adult Swim I learned what anime actually was and there was no turning back.
Like many others, Bebop picked me up by my ankles and dipped me head first into the anime autism vat.

Didn't they have a contest between Season 1 and 2? I remember watching Digimon, Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd century, Action Man, Beast Wars/Machines, Monster Hunter Flint the Time Detective, Big Guy and Rusty, Escaflowne. All kinds of stupid bullshit. Seriously what the fuck was Fox Kids thinking showing Escaflowne, they had to have censored the shit out of it.

di gi charat nyo

First Japanese anime had to be some shit like Girls Bravo or sekirei.
I've become attached to shitty ecchi shows because of muh nostalgia

My dad showed me it when I was like seven years old and I was so fucking freaked out.

Looks like there's a 14.4GB batch of 52 raws. With an actual seeder. Time to free up some space on my torrents box.

I'll just go with Inuyasha, because I learned what anime actually was. I had loved watching Pokemon and Digimon, but I just thought they were cartoons like the rest. After Inuyasha I got into anime and manga fucking everything. It's where I learned about anime openings/endings (and lets not lie, Inuyasha is top tier for at least the endings), that anime had a wide variety of genres, that there was hentai, etc.

I seriously owe my anime life to Adult Swim, don't know if I would have gotten in to it otherwise.

Either sailor moon on fox like OP or speed racer/ Kimba the white lion tapes my dad had.

Red Baron when I was 3.

Ponyo

It actually scared me because it was so different and odd compared to everything else I've seen

Umi no Triton, I think. Never saw past the first 4 episodes or so.

Gatchaman in 1978, I was 3. I don't remember much other than the guy with big lips. I remember Mazinger Z (Tranzor Z in the states) and Voltron when I was 9 in 1984 much better. Don't know if Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors counts as it was made for Canada but whatever, shit was awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=XbUIb9Jo3Gk&list=PLSGiox8oS2IaXtDynCozASS3N2aVU83X8

Meh, no luck, seems nyaa was lying about there being a seeder.

I'm a real Trigun nigga

Dubbed Sailor Moon

Later, Dubbed CCS, and dubbed Dragonball

Network TV sucked and I wish we had cable.

At the very least it let me discover a miracle of the universe.

Sailor Moon was my first as well, though I remember it being on USA instead of Fox. For some reason it was part of the USA ACTION EXTREME TEAM with the awful Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat cartoons.

Pokemon at age 7.

Macross aka Robotech was technically the first anime I saw. I say "technically" because at the time I k ew fuck all about animation coming from Japan or the west. Plus it was so heavily edited that it was hardly the same show as the Japanese version

The first anime I saw where I knew this was for sure something different from what I was use to was Urotsukidoji

Samurai Pizza Cats bb.

Does Pokemon count? If not I watched Sailor Moon at a hotel once. The episode when Sailor Jupiter joins.

Pokemon at age 5. I remember every day coming back from Kindergarten and eating spaghetti-Os while watching it on Kids WB. Master Quest was ongoing at the time.

G-force

So I watched Toonami here and there. I occasionally watched a bit of Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon. The only anime I watched religiously was the BeyBlade Metal series. That and this light novel adaptation called Deltoras Quest.

Oldest memory was of an episode where Lupin got shot at or something, I can never find it. Oldest memory of a show (so technically my first anime ever) was flame of recca

Digimon and dragon pink at a young age.
I never cared for pokeyman.
I guess dragon ball then z/tenchi/YYHS came next.
[as] got me into bebop and more mature shows while dragonball/love hina got me into manga.
Meeting a weeb friend at 13 and having an autist/nerd for an older brother(got my hentai) helped to pull me down the rabbit hole.
Mostly though, I blame hentai.

Not old enough to have suffered mailing vhs/laserdisk and anime clubs.

Oh yeah, I remember seeing Kiki when I was young, as well as some nip animated fairy tales.

They didn't censor much if I remember.
That lust hit me in the nostagia.
We are of the same cut my near 30 friend.

I'm from the DBZ age, that was the shit, me and my friends used to fuckin LARP that shit before we knew what LARPing was. Had the fusion dance down pat.

Aside from DBZ on TV, the first one I downloaded and watched was Darker Than Black. It set the bar for me

Pokémon probably when I was 4

>Sekirei
>shit

End yourself in a battle royal deathmatch

Saint Seiya when I was 3/4 years old in 1994

When the fuck was sailor moon ever on Fox Kids?

Also G-Force

Pokemon mostly on Kids WB.

Weirdest thing, I remember watching the Disney Dub on either Disney Channel or Nickelodeon but I can't find any promos or fucking anything to prove that I did.

I know I didn't make it up because I remember watching it at my grandmother's and even today she doesn't have a thing resembling a VHS player

My first anime

The back end of the 1985 Vampire Hunter D movie, waaay back on the scifi channel

Get out

Samurai Pizza Cats on Canal Cinco in 1994 (Hueco Mundo). I think I was 3 or 4.

Ojamajo doremi, in japanese with english subs, which I couldn't understand. Good times. Also on youtube.

I cant say which one was the first. I used to watch a lot of cartoons from age 1-4 and probably seen some anime amidst it.
Probably one between:
>DB
>Saint Seiya
>Sailor Moon
>Sakura Card Captor
>Pokemon

Like basically everyone in Finland, the Moomins.
After that, Digimon.

Heidi or Bee Maya

Gattai!!Let's Go Lion! err.. I mean Form Voltron!

We didn't really get anime in Denmark.
I think the first I encountered was Pokémon.

Akage no ann I belive? Maybe the Moomins.
We had a channel that had a lot of adapted-from-literature anime.

Then growing up I've watched the normal gate entry level shows like Yugioh pokemon digimon bayblade shaman king Inuyasha... CC sakura.
Then I started to watch an anime channel which had The 12 kingdoms, Survival Island, Eva, some mecha shit, nuku nuku shit... Oh, and futatsu no spica!

pic related

(Re)runs to this day.
Although the search for an image revealed there is apparently some new 3DCG shit based on it. Sad.

The Rose of Versailles, I think it was on Fr3.

Did he make you watch because all cartoons are for kids or did he know what he was making you watch?

voltron

It was either Dragon Ball, or the opening cinematic to Rival Schools 1 or 2, for PS1. I remember sailor moon, CCS, Samurai Pizza Cats, buncha shit.

Dragonball. I don't know why people keep saying it's bad. I think it's at least as good as DBZ and sometimes even better.

Fist of the North Star because I used to watch it with my dad.
Good times.

Somewhere in the early 90s

Same here.

When I got a little older, Pokemon craze started, there was also this Zorro anime we had on VHS,... I remember a Kirby anime of some sort but I couldn't really figure out when was that.

This or picture related.

samurai pizza cats

Far as I can remember I think it was saint seiya, but really can't say for sure. I might have seen anime before that but my memory is kinda shit.

Sonic x

Card Captor Sakura

Saint Seiya. Technically Robotech as well.

Technically Evangalion in the 90's some time but I was way too young to actually be aware of whatever was happening.

The first anime I saw that I was aware of was Trigun and it usually aired right before Cowboy Bebop late at night, it was fucking fantastic, I stuck with Trigun to the end, I didn't really feel the same pull with Bebop but I still thought it was fine.

Coincidentally Heidi also has a new garbage CGI version

Welp, someone had to bite the bullet. The earliest I can remember watching it on Cartoon Network was when I around age 4.

My parents bought me Kiki's delivery service because they were really into obscure Disney movies and it had a Disney logo. Still is my favorite Ghibli film to this day.

The first actual anime I watched was Dokuro-chan on you tube, where they didn't have the last few episodes, and I finally watched the end 5-6 years later.

These bad motherfuckers