STOCK MARKET GENERAL - /crash/

RECAP FROM THE LAST DAYS
>Dow down 1000+ today, after -600 last friday
>All major markets DOWN in future trading
>Tokio stock exchange opening in 2:30 hours, futures down 8%

liveindex.org/nikkei-futures/

Friendly reminder to stay comfy and enjoy the ride

Other urls found in this thread:

chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-dow-jones-stock-market-falls-20180205-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6f4DT0jh0Vk
money.cnn.com/2018/02/05/investing/stock-market-today-dow-jones/index.html
npr.org/2017/02/21/510554718/adulting-school-teaches-young-adults-grown-up-skills
youtube.com/watch?v=Adgx9wt63NY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go here instead

This qualifies as a "current event"

It qualifies more as "Business and Finance"

I sold my wifes tendies , is this it /pol?

So like I said, it's just the jews shorting after a year long bull market. Nothing special, go back to sleep.

I love how all you retards forget this same exact shit happened in August 2015. Dow opened down -1100 points, and that's when the index was at 16000, not 26000.

Fuck all you underaged faggots screaming "LE EPIC DRUMPF CRASH XD". Put your money where your mouth is and short the market if you think its going down so much.

Its happening. Sup Forums must follow.

Special footage depicting joos at Stock Market.

t. drumpflet

European futures, from Bloomberg

The threads were great regardless

Is this the end

the fuck kike

By that logic the Vegas shooting should have gone to Sup Forums you stupid fucking mutt

>The downward stock market move was sparked by U.S. wage data on Friday that pointed to quickening inflation, which would lead to higher rates and, in turn, rising borrowing costs for companies. Equity investors are looking for confirmation that recent declines represent the healthy correction many had expected after the stellar start to the year.

I don't get it, is this a good thing or a bad thing?

chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-dow-jones-stock-market-falls-20180205-story.html

meant for

Seems like it can be a topic posted on both boards so fuck off.

3x bull s&p ETF at open tmrw

>Tel Aviv
>no drop

this is a neutral thing, the nasdaq is really fucked and that says the future of our markets, correction can be a good and bad thing, depending on our president and economy. It also depends on how angry the kikes are

Was she originally lactating or something?

I need more information here.

W E I M A R

This graph is misleading. The numbers distribution gap is small. Makes the drop look more instense than it is in reality.

>Talaviv - 0.0
every single time

You can only post here if your /no investments/ master race. Wannabe richfag stock/coiners pls go.

It is not a coincidence. I don't know if it's as big as some Sup Forumsacks and leftards on the media are claiming, but SOMETHING is going on. Trump made the amateur mistake of claiming the stock market boom, meaning he has to own it when the inevitable sell-off happens. The Jews know this, and they timed their market correction for an election year.

My guess? They are doing this to hurt Trump. They were not going to take the memo lying down, and the economy was the one area Trump could claim he was doing well. He just made the mistake of citing the stock market as proof.

With Jews, you lose. Every. Single. Time.

Your mom qualifies more as "Business and Finance".

kys

We don't want your grandpa stock money cluttering up are crypto board. fuck off.

Do they all run off the DOW or are we looking at a global collapse?

Soon, we shall have USD worth less than squares of toilet paper.

I love it.

We don't need any more fucking generals clogging up the catalog.

Why do republicans always crash the economy?

Tel aviv
>0

HEY DRUMPFTARDS
HOWS THAT ECONOMY GOING
THIS WAS OBAMAS FAULT HOW

i have been waitng for a long time

But I swear to god, if we somehow got another 2008 level crash this shortly the euro monetary system would be dead in the water.

>Tel Aviv
>0

S&P in after trading. Its not pretty

Wasn't this obamas economy?

The market went down to 2008 levels in 48 hours. Strap yourselves in, boys. We're in for a wild ride.

>ukrainian

plz kys

Hang on a sec, when It was good I thought you guys said Trump inherited Oniggers Economy

Isn’t this a stacking effect? People sell off as they see it go down? -5000 tomorrow?

Nah,thats when you get green numbers.

HAVE FAITH IN OUR GOD EMPEROR TRUMP. PRAISE KEKS NAME

ahahahhaHAHAHAHAAH

LOOK AT THE LIBERTARIAN RETARD RESPONSIBLE FOR DESTROYING SOCIETY AND LAUGH

Economically speaking, this shouldn't be happening. We cut taxes and consumer confidence is high. Something is wrong.

Some things to keep in mind:
1. Strong jobs/wage data means potential lower profit margins for companies -> less investor enthusiasm for those companies, sell stock
2. Higher interest rates means investors can eliminate some risk of equity exposure by selling, and buying into fixed-income that is now paying higher interest rates w less risk
3. Higher interest rates -> higher cost to borrow, again can impact corporate profit margins and decrease appetite for some companies, resulting in stock sales
4. Higher interest rates means 'new' bonds pay higher interest rates than bonds currently being held -> sell those at a loss to lock in higher rates longer term
5. Strong economy means quicker interest rate hikes to keep inflation in check.

Which leads back to #1.

kek, ftse and dax literally nothing
mutt problem

youtube.com/watch?v=6f4DT0jh0Vk

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK.

Now is the time to panic. This should NOT be happening.

>S&P Futures (and Dow Futures) plunged back below the key 100-day moving average after the cash-close.
>Nikkei futures are now down -8% and crashing lower.
fugg this might indicate we're in for a Mr. Goldstein's wild week

Not everything is about Trump, reddit

is this satire

Sure does but it takes a big swing for massive runs to happen.

Speaking about unsettling trends...

Nope the stock crash is political as it can cause a massive depression. Even worse than the great depression. People today can live without their Micky mouse job and mac donalds.

Yes, this is the kind of thing that causes panic sells, take a good look at black thursday in the US and the Wiemar republic. This is a Merchant event.

Market was overvalued before the cuts. Correction was expected.

Remember our enemies kekistainians. The Secret Masters did this to hide the Memo News! #MAGA

Hide the american geoflag if you support communism

bank runs and riots when?

Go away shill.

>israel untouched
filthy fucking kikes!

Trump should not have claimed the stock market boom. It's a fucking rookie mistake. If he claimed the boom, the he'd have to own the sell-off. The Jews know this, and that's why they timed the inevitable market correction for an election year.

He should have known they wouldn't take the memo lying down. And he sure as fuck shoiuld have never trusted them.

If any of those r/the_donald faggots who were claiming that Goldman Sachs were gud bois who dindu nuffin and that there was nothing wrong with Trump assembling a kike dream team for his cabinet are reading this: Fuck you. You did this.

This CNN finance guy sounds like Alex Jones

money.cnn.com/2018/02/05/investing/stock-market-today-dow-jones/index.html

Six ways from Sunday...
Drumpffff BTFO. Based deep state strikes again.

nice bait retard,ftse and dax are big economic shit like the dow but its for germs and bongs.

The market's value correctly reflected the strong economy under the new admin. Something (((deep))) is at work here.

so what is actually causing this

>inb4
>le drumpf
>le obummer

Is it really the Fed hiking interest rates?

God forbid people earn a livable wage.

My thoughts exactly. I'm pretty sure someone is trying to tank it to say fuck you to Trump. I can't think of any reason why it's happening.

The stock market doesn't really effect the average consumer. Jobs are good, economy is good. I'm ignoring this shit.

did what retard, it's still ridiculously high

Not sure what the future holds but man im scared right now.

I am interviewing for a hedge fund later this week hopefully this doesn't fuck me

>the strong economy
>believing the gov't numbers

It's now below 2008 crash levels you fucking mong. Try to keep up.

>not looking at it at worse angles
npr.org/2017/02/21/510554718/adulting-school-teaches-young-adults-grown-up-skills

YES YES IM READY
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRNNNNN

brainlet_wojak.jpg

If interest rates are going up equities aren’t the best place to invest so they are pulling and moving into bonds and other sorts of funds

It’s not a bad thing at all this needed to happen

Tomorrow it will close early. You're dead kids.

What the fuck are you talking about ?

Reporting in

we are in for 40 years of recession guys

thank god i never bought any stocks and instead own 548 steam games.

are you stupid? The economy is ready to fucking blow its been ready to blow since 2013, onigglet ruined everything

If this is true then I'm not worried. Should we paying attention to how Asia reacts etc?

so what you are saying is that the people who have been money laundering, abusing the govt and other financial systems are raising stake and getting the fuck out before they themselves not only are exposed, but caught in their illegal schemes?
SAY IT AINT SO

>knocks on the door
>h..hello? Is anyone there?
>I'm here about the job?

crickets

BURN MF ! BURN!

youtube.com/watch?v=Adgx9wt63NY

WE DON'T NEED NO WATER

Nah, we're good. Everyone's screaming GLOOM AND DOOM and it's not going to happen. Financial meltdown has been one of the doomsday sayer's favorites, but it never happens. This is not the first time I've seen this.

Yes.

No. And even if that were what was happening, they'd get away with it. "Too big to fail" isn't a campaign slogan. They can and they will get away with it every single time, because all they have to do is put a gun to the global economy's head and say they're going to take the whole world down with them.

Its all shit, this is actually something interesting.

>WE DON'T NEED NO WATER
LET THE MOTHERFUCKER BURN

BLOODBATH TOMORROW

I'm still going to meme out but on a serious note, it has a lot to do with expectation of higher interest rates due to a good economy overall. When an economy starts working really well, inflation tends to scale up and eventually in the long run reduces consumer spending power. As such, to prevent this "overheating" of the economy, interest rates are raised in order to encourage savings and make loans more expensive, hence constrain economic activity.

There is probably more going on given the fact we'll need to borrow a couple trillion here and there but hey, not a big deal no?

It's true.

Many investors/institutions have been holding equities (against their will) because it's the only place they could obtain yield (dividends) with bonds paying near-zero interest rates.

Now that interest rates are rising, those inv/inst are starting to sell equity positions and buy fixed-income (bonds and treasuries) that are offering more acceptable yield with much lower risk.