Pre-2000s

What pre-2000 anime are yo anons watching?
Im working my way through All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku and i plan on watching Dirty Pair Flash when i finish Nuku Nuku.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2C1Bh8FTlpY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kd1QFLsYFRM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nuku Nuku OVA 1992 is so much better than the 1998 TV series.

I havent seen the TV series yet. Is it bad or just worse than the OVA?

I remember seeing a bit of it on cable tv way back. it seemed bland.

Got through the first episode of Dirty Pair. Pretty good so far, it gave me a couple of chuckles. Plus, the theme song is kickass.

second nuku nuku OVA is better than 1998 tv show, has anyone seen nukunuku dash?

friendly remind that there won't be anything as comfy as YKK ever

>anime adaptation never

Stopped somewhere in Louie.

Finished Medarot, do you know of anything with similar art/art style?

Yu Yu Hakusho. I didn't expect much from it but I love it.

Lupin III is a classic, of course. Ippatsu Kiki Musume is pretty funny.

There are 2 OVAs but im guessing you want a full show. I've been meaning to read this for the longest. Have only heard good things
What Lupin did you watch? I'm slowly going through Part 2. Completed Ippatsu Kiki Musume yesterday. I enjoyed it but it was far more perverse than i was expecting

G-Gundam
It's so hilariously silly and unapologetic about it's childish racism

I only watch these sexy screencaps/gifs you guys sometimes post

>childish racism
Stereotypes are not always racism, go back to Tumblr you fucking retard.

A handful of the very first episodes, as well as the Castle of Cagliostro movie.

How you liking it so far? The first series really picks up after Takahata and Miyazaki step on as directors. Cagliostro is prime pre-Ghibli Miyazaki and an absolute must watch in my opinion

Cats Eye

Watching Heidi,it's fine I guess but not the most interesting show ever.Just got to the part where Aunt comes back and takes her to frankfurt so hope it gets more interesting.

Been watching urusei yatsura in between episodes.

been watching Heidi when I was 6 because it was the only "cartoon" on the public broadcast channel

sad times

Making my way through Urusei Yatsura. It's really fun and easy to watch a bunch of at once. Going to start Macross 7 soon too.

ZZ seems pretty cool.

I'm the first to mention Devil Hunter Yohko?

for shame, Sup Forums

I'm getting through G Gundam right now. I'm on episode 37. The first half was a bit of a drag but the second half has been great fun so far. Allenby is super cute.

If you haven't watched Legend of the Galactic Heroes I certainly advise you to do it as soon as possible

You're preaching to the choir in these threads.

I'm watching the Mahoutsukai Tai! OVAs.

I'm already mad that I know this isn't the endgame couple. Sae and Takeo is so fucking generic.

Why the fuck can't I find a torrent on Nyuu for this?!

Huh, no idea. That's weird. I got it from bakabt.

Good choice OP. Rewatching Slayers right now, all the way from the beginning.

RU-RU-RU-RU-RUSSIAN ROULETTE

the manga is my shit

Cat's Eye was okay, the characters never break their mold though. Toshi is always the stupid bumbling cop.

Space Runaway Ideon.

Already overcome with the feeling that none of the cast will survive to the end of the series.

I don't know if you'll see this, but since the thread isn't archived yet; I thought it was okay, but the ancient animation style didn't appeal to me. Castle of Cagliostro was way better, and I've been meaning to figure out where Lupin III gets good and start watching from there - it's been years, though.

>Attenborough
Yeah, sounds about right

im just finishing up lain today
and legend of the galactic heroes has been on my to do list for a few months now

Phantom Quest Corp (or Yuugen Kaisha) was pretty baller. Sadly, it only lasted for a few episodes, but I really enjoyed them none the less.

I've got the episodes on VHS, and although I long since threw away my VCR, I'm keeping them in my bookcase for posterity.

Dominion Tank Police is also fantastic, though I'm sure everyone already knows about that. Must be watched in the American dub, though (and I say this as someone who never watches the American dubs) - the Japanese version sounds way too serious, and takes away from the mood.

NTHT but I have personal projects I need to finish first.

I've always heard that Dash is "No Fun Allowed" so I never got around to watching it.

I've been watching Maruko every week.

Bakaretsu Hunters!
Ahhh! Megami-sama
Anything Tenchi related.

Initial D, and after that Those Who Hunt elves 2

gonna watch the old hunter x hunter

The series suffer from that old quality drop as it progresses, just like DBZ. After the first half of the first season I didn't enjoy the show nearly as much. TRY is just horrendous.

I'm into Macross now.
The original was really good, and the movie didn't disappointed (pic related).
Macross II was shitty.
Gonna skip Macross 7, must be shitty.
Just started Macross F, and I'm already annoyed with the vices of modern anime.

Damn I just finished NEXT.

The degenerate youth of late-60's.

>Gonna skip Macross 7, must be shitty.
Just listen to his song.

youtube.com/watch?v=2C1Bh8FTlpY

Wait, this is subbed?

OldCastle started releasing it last month and they got four episodes out now.

Currently watching Macross 7 and holy shit its a blast. Aliens, mecha and motherfucking rock'n'roll. What more can I even ask?

Oh nice! I hope they stick with it, unlike live-evil,

someone help orphan-subs TL check stop hibari-kun. it's already subbed and timed

Have you started your 20th anniversary Utena rewatch yet?

I already watched it with Sup Forums when that stream happened earlier in the year.

how is it?

I just finished watching Kimagure Orange Road. The show was alright but god damn my heart was not ready for the movie.

I don't know much about Orange Road, but I own the Swedish dub on DVD, and it's to die for. 40 year old men doing teenage voices, and localization that makes 4kids look sane.

But have you heard 40 year old men doing baby voices?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kd1QFLsYFRM

Oh yeah, Cyborg 009 is the epitome of shitty Swedish dubbing.

rewatching dual

Pic related.