Forget the classics. What current post 2012 anime would make a GOOD live action adaptation

Forget the classics. What current post 2012 anime would make a GOOD live action adaptation

Ha, dead thread.

Is the movie any good?

hibike euphonium if done right would be interesting

Was there Stallman in the movie?

Id probably say prison school if it didn't already have one. So dragon maid

Free would be easy to do but would a cornfest as live action

Psycho-Pass

Fire Punch, if manga is allowed.

Josei stuff seems to adapt well to live action, maybe Rakugo would work if they had a cast of great actors who could pull the japanese stand up but sitting down thing

Rakugo would work really, REALLY well given good actors.

Eden of the east might work as well.

Any one provided it's done well.

Shokugeki no soma- would be like an insane Iron Chef tv series

Yamadakun and the 7 witches-more high school live action shit

>would make a GOOD live action adaptation
That's like asking how to make a good shit sandwich.

Disagree. OPM would be shit as live action no matter how well acted or directed.

Nope.
Only good thing about it are the titans.

The anime about the tanuki. And LWA..you know..before it became litterally every other generic yuri bait school aged magical girl thing.

I disagree.

Kabaneri by Michael Bay.
Kill la Kill by Christopher Nolan.
Samurai Flamenco by Quentin Tarantino.

Psycho-Pass

>Christopher Nolan.
>Not Zack Snyder
>Hasn't seen sucker punch

Dude...

Never seen Scott Pilgrim? If they use the same aesthetic, it might work out good.

You say that like Sucker Punch is a reason to give him anything.

Zach Snyder can't make good movies.

I think KLK by George Miller would be way more interesting

Also death note by nolan would be perfect. And Gunbuster by James Cameron 20 years ago would have been prefection

I think SAO is crap, but I would really like to take a stab at making it into a live-action TV show with some major alterations.

>Make Asuna the main character and kill off Kirito. I'd make him a badass and amazing at the game, but then kill him pretty early just to drive home the dire situation they're stuck it.
>Make it a more ensemble cast though, have the side characters do more than they did in the original.
>Split my time between ingame and the real world. Have a couple plots going on in the real world, like Asuna's father coping with his daughter fighting for her life right in front of him (I wouldn't make him a piece of shit in this, I'd completely change her personal life). Have another plot be a new character, a detective, who is trying to find Kayaba (note, all names might change except Asuna, some whitewashing is unavoidable in bringing a property like this to the west) and put a stop to this from the outside. Also he'd be part of a taskforce that's trying everything possible to free the players.
>Give Kayaba an actual motivation. One I've been toying around with is that he's using the players' minds to make a massive super computer to finish a theoretical equation he believes could find God, a goal he started decades earlier when his wife and daughter died in a car crash from a drunk driver. He wants to make God answer the ultimate question: Why?

Also I'd make it an anthology. I want to do GGO and Mother's Rosario, but I think they'd do better without the baggage of SAO.

Fincher's Flip Flappers

Digi please

Michael Bay's Madoka Magica

To be more specific, GGO is the one that made me wish for something like this. Sinon had what could've been an amazing character arc, only to have it be dragged down by poor writing and the added baggage of Kirito being there fucking the story up.

>Remove Kirito. Replace him with a detective (god, I've gotta stop relying on detective characters) who's looking into the deaths of people who are playing on NerveGear devices.
>He has a daughter of similar age to Sinon who is really into VR, so he makes a character on GGO to see what it's about. His investigation at some point crosses path with his gametime.
>Have Sinon be basically the same. I'd her backstory a little. She killed a man trying to hijack a bus she was on when she was nine after his gun had been wrestled away from him by the driver. Afterwards people try to prop her up as a hero, but traumatized she wants no part of it. Because she's not playing along with their ideas of her eventually people start to dislike her, leading to present day.
>Have Death Gun be one guy. He kills by hacking VR headsets. They work the same way in this as the original, they intercept impulses and introduce their own. He can hack them to intercept the impulses that control heartbeat, allowing him to remotely stop someone's heart. He uses a script to tie it to an ingame item, his gun.Also, he too had to kill someone in self-defense as a kid, but when people prop him up as a hero he goes along with it and enjoys it, leading him to link that joy to killing, which is why he does this.

I'm not sure how I'd handle Mother Rosario. Part of me actually wants to take that cast (in their "situation") and put them into an ALO like plot. Toying around with that, but don't have much yet.

I don't agree with all those changes, but I'm definitely into the idea of a live-action adaptation that takes a lot of liberties.

Hell, I'd like to see a Hollywood take on it. As bad as American directors tend to fuck up anime, it's hard to get any worse than SAO already is.

Please tell me that's not a titan.

Kemono Friends by Spielberg

>I don't agree with all those changes
Which ones don't you agree with?

>GOOD live action adaptation
Ahahahahhahahaha

A gritty rendition of Alice to Zouroku by Mel Brookes

Good taste, user.

Can we get Wes Anderson to do The Eccentric Family? Everything shot on location in Kyoto, of course. Some of the effects might be tricky to pull off well in live action, tho.

Oreimo by Adam Sandler

Meh, would rather just have fun with it.

A city where humans live side-by-side with weird Chronenbergs, there is a naked lunch detective agency... Kekkai Sensen. Were you expecting a plot? No! But here is a brain monster that looks like a giant butt and deformed sex toy friends! Written and directed by David Chronenberg on Chronenberg.

She wished to be magical... in a magical place... a world of possibilities... until someone got eaten by a clown! Tim Burton's Puella Magi Madoka. Starring Johnny Depp as Madoka, and Danny DeVito as Kyuubey.

In a world of magic...
"Your magic is only 28.5714% as powerful as mine"
demons...
"Look around! I control the seasons. And the band."
and killer fairies...
"One day, I will prove to you that I AM THE STRONGEST!"
This summer, it's time to TOE. SOME. HOE.
Michael Bay presents Perfect Cherry Blossom written and directed by Michael Bay starring Emma Stone as Reimu, Megan Fox as Marisa, Scarlett Johansen as Sakuya, and Danny DeVito as Cirno. ZUN APPROVED

Probably the only thing that makes me not want a live action Uchouten, it would need CGI of the quality I've never seen in a nip production. Real life Kyoto scenery would be gear though

GATE

I'd say: fuck the IRL plotlines. If you're already doing an ensemble cast, you don't need even more characters/distraction.

If you only get to see what's happening in the game, it gives the viewer that nice element of tension that's shared with the characters.

If you make it an anthology, you can end the first film with a cliffhanger right as the characters finally wake up. Then the second film can explore the IRL story, cutting between an in-game real-time A-plot and an IRL flashback B-plot.

I'd also completely rework the villain(s). The neural supercomputer idea is neat, tho. But the "Use Magical Mathematics to Summon God" thing is kinda dumb, and I'm not a fan of "his whole family got killed and now he hates god" trope.

I'd go with a more bond villain style plot. Maybe he's gonna use that computing power to collapse the global financial system? Or hack nuclear missiles and start WW3? Find a fundamental flaw in encryption and leak/destroy anything internet-connected? Or maybe he's just trying to build a self-improving singularity AI that will take over the world, upload everyone, etc.

kabenari of the iron fortress

It wouldn't be movies, it'd be TV shows. And by anthology I mean that the stories would be done at the end of each season. Think True Detective or American Horror Story.

I also don't want to cut out the IRL stuff. First, it fixes one of the biggest complaints of the original series (why didn't the government do anything?) by showing what's going on outside the game world. Also I say "ensemble cast", but I'm talking just 4-5 people ingame being focused on. In a TV show I can handle more than that. I'm willing to drop Asuna's father though and focus more on the taskforce.

Also I really don't want to do a bond villain. I like the idea of a mad scientist trying to find God through math. It wouldn't be magic, he'd believe God is a definable entity at a point in space, and that by using a specific equation he could find that location. Problem? One of the variables is Pi to completion. That's what SAO is, a plan to try and calculate Pi.

Samurai Flamenco

I don't know how old Hyouka is, but it seems kinda hard for it to go wrong with a live action.