Friendly Reminder about the Falcon Heavy launch

Hello everyone,

Tomorrow at 13:30-16:30 EST; 18:30-21:30 UTC the Falcon Heavy will launch for the first time. It will be the world's most powerful operational rocket.

Stream will be here: spacex.com/webcast
I'd be happy to answer any questions about the launch you may have.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tk338VXcb24
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No questions, I'm just wondering though, is Elon Musk the pinnacle of weaponized autism? He seems like one of us.

fake space rockets are a money scam that the jews shoot off into the ocean and then tell you to believe in magic space dust. Degeneracy is good goy there is no judgement day only space dust.

I am honestly curious. Is /x/ like too slow for you people?

>t. kike shillington

Pay no attention to this Jew shill. He just wants to deny Aryan people their rightful place among the stars.

dont condemn the dust m8.

Q predicted this

>No questions
>asks a question

No questions about the Rocket.

Only an idiot takes on more than he can handle. We don't even understand our own planet, let alone an alien one.

Could you quantify the amount of energy that will be used in the launch measured in king size Snickers bars?

>Falcon "Heavy"
>Maximum payload is 64,000kg
>Not even half as much as a 50-year-old Saturn V could carry

What did they mean by this?

One is general purpose and the other is heavily specialized.

Will it crash like the markets?

>no fuel cross-feed

Do they even understand how asparagus staging works?

>I'd be happy to answer any questions about the launch you may have.

Is the story about Elon Musk sending his Tesla into orbit a bunch of B.S.? Sounds like a cover story for sending a top-secret payload, I don't understand why they would devote so many resources to a test launch, even if there's a risk of losing the payload, it's a lot of fucking money. With 27 engines, do you think this might actually be a big block of heavy tungsten for a possible kinetic weapon strike on North Korea?

BTW, I was at the SBIRS launch in Cape Canaveral last month, sup.

It's a test using something relatively inexpensive, so if something goes wrong, they aren't out as much money, I guess.

It has a lot of systems they've never tested before. Getting 27 engines to ignite simultaneously is pretty hard. It's why the Russian N1 rocket failed for example. They have also never tested the side-booster staging nor the recovery -- they plan to land all three boosters.

Musk said he would consider it a success if it lifted off and didn't blow up on the launch pad and destroy the pad since it would take them a year to rebuild the pad.

why hasn't rocketry progressed at all since the 70's?

going to go to the port to watch it tomorrow. how are they landing the boosters? one on land and one at sea or something?

Lack of political willpower. Remember that the Space Race was a USA vs. USSR dickwaving contest.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tk338VXcb24
Two on land and one at sea

USA probably has anti gravity so why even bother showing it to the eyes of the public.

>yfw Elon puts a Laser in orbit like in diamonds are forever

oh wow two on land. i saw them land one at night (the first one they did) and that was incredible. like something out of a movie. really looking forward to this

>theres a fucking sportscar inside that fairing bay

I still cant believe it, crazy Musk

Our material science and control theory isn't good enough to do that yet, sadly.

Sweet, what's the payload?

Well it obviously has progressed in the past decade, at least in terms of cost.
It's a tradeoff with the cost of pumping and the dangers of interstage valves

This

This is just a meme right guys?

Real life isn't kerbal spaceprogram. We do not have magical fuel pumping hoses.

>literal sci-fi rocket landing at its launch site with cm accuracy.
>most economical rocket ever made, cheapest $/kg to LEO.
vs.
>1960s, $2,000,000,000 pile of kerosene that was purpose built to send men to the moon.

Why would anyone want to risk an expensive satellite on a test flight?

The big crash of 2018 wouldn't have as much memetic energy if it didn't.

You are not joking are you?
Im sure there are hundreds of laboratories that would be willing to offer something useful to put into space instead of a fucking car.
You aren't kidding are you?

we do have an endless stream of people wanting to buy satellites

a lot

it's fully reusable, and much cheaper. The point is that the $/kg to orbit is cheaper

50% chance according to Elon

too complicated

it's a roadster you dunce. Don't be a conspitard

sensor suites, reusability, lots has improved

two at LZ1 on land, one on a booster

Elon's Red gen 1 roadster

>spend millions of dollars and years on building a satellite
>explodes

look up "mass simulator" or "boilerplate capsule". It is extremely common to just launch useless hunks of iron on the maiden launches of new rockets

Space mission assurance industry here, its actually the government who launches on the the experimental stuff. Private industry likes to launch on things that have been proven successful.

Im glad this shit is subsidized by the U.S. government. I mean I guess I'd rather pay for teslas in space than grape soda for niggers though.

THIS IS A LARP

SAME LARPER AS The Zuma user. Mason user. Senate user. Cia user. High Level Insider. Victory of the LARP.

WHY DO YOU LARP SO MUCH?

He's pretty autistic, if you watch his interviews sometimes he forgets where he is in the middle of a question and gets really quiet and states off into space. He's also very awkward and soft spoken in general, so sometimes he'll really want to say something but get bullied into switching topics by moderators. Also he struggles with mental health issues and clingyness and forgets to sleep and eat on self destruct mode, so ya I'd say he's really similar to us. Just better at kicking his own ass.

How do you know what SpaceX cant handle?

Please tell me you are not going to black the first Mars colony. No monkey blood in space!

I mean I'm not gonna do it, but find the amount of energy expelled, get the kJ of a chocolate bar, do some division.

It'll be blasting David Bowie too I read :V

?
I hardly come to Sup Forums, what the heck are you talking about

You're the same fucking LARP. You are such a faggot. Kill yourself.

>Muh LVMPD user
>Muh Zuma user
>Muh CIA Insider user
>Muh High Level Insider
>Much Deep Researcher
>Muh SpaceX user

What's Israel planning this tiem faggot? You only post right before a false flag is about to happen. So what's Israel about to do?

>replying to bait

The only thing contributed to this launch by the federal government is the airforce range services and the pad, all of which is paid for to some degree.
They have funded previous development but not anymore.

I can't tell if it's someone who actually needs mental help or a Sup Forums troll tho

do people actually larp as "insiders"?

however, part of this launch *is* to show that the 2nd stage can do direct GEO insertion (for national security customers).

so there is a government interest in having FH as an alternative to ULA rockets.

Yes? That's like a mainstay of Sup Forums

>It'll be blasting David Bowie too I read :V
In the fucking vacuum?! This is funny/

it's /x/ crossover, like how we get a ton of /r9k/ crossover. just ignore

>13:30-16:30 EST; 18:30-21:30 UTC t
use normal people time fuckface

Better stop trump and rexxon from letting China have ANWR.
Methane and Hydrate Methane is key to the US Space explorations. America will lose out if china fracks it all and steals it.
Trump and Exxon need to fuck off.

It has, ((they)) tuck all exotic techinto dark programs and give contracts to private conpanies as to avoid accountability and oversight. Director of skunk works said we have the tech to take et home 15 yrs ago and I believe him.

10kb image, ants, must be for ants right?

Can't do math sweetie? Subtract by 12 for ameriburger time.