Outlaw Star

It has been almost 20 years. It's safe to conclude there will never be a sequel, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ab6CL6x4ZEs
youtube.com/watch?v=d5yjcPHEhIk
youtube.com/watch?v=EYh-dCFb4Sg
youtube.com/watch?v=skldqvXPqGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eEH59PX4q90
youtube.com/watch?v=n_1zGE6f_VQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DxpIrTNh6A8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The adventure is in your heart, user.

Tyler has a sequel. FLCL is getting one. More FMP coming too. Dont lose hope.

Trigun got a movie out of nowhere.

Kino too, not all is lost.

I don't see it happening anyways unless they pull a FLCL and get Toonami's money to do another season or something. And besides, the manga was barely enough to sustain the original series as is, so there's nothing left for a new season unless they get the original manga-ka onboard or they bullshit a new plot. I don't see why there needs to be more Outlaw Star 20 years later, just rewatch it or move on. The story was wrapped up well enough.

Tylor can't even be called a sequel, it's just a series of five-minute shorts that bear almost no resemblance to the original. It's Tylor in name only. FMP at least has the excuse of there being more material to adapt.

Will we ever get another main character as based as Gene Starwind?

Dumb Gary Stu still like him tho.

Shameless self bump.

The sequel is to get into physics and build your own damn spaceship like Elon Musk did.

Outlaw Star is considerably less awesome when you're in your late 20's looking down at Gene in age, rather than 12 looking up to him or age 19 looking eye to eye

I don't know man, I'm still jelly of his waifu after all these years.

He's a Kamina who didn't die, and Jim is a Simon who didn't grow up.

Outlaw Star continues to be my favorite anime of all time. When I was 11 loving the adventure for the first time, when I was 21 cheering him on like a bro, or now as I am nearing closer and closer to 13 as a perverted man. Gene and the gang will always have my support.

God, I remember falling in love with that character when I first heard her singing.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ab6CL6x4ZEs

>13
30 but whatever.

One of the few male MCs who isn't really a self-insert and who is able to stay interesting even as his space harem grows. Quite surprising actually.

>you will never see Gene fight the Tendo King

Thanks for reminding me op...

If it was ever touched again, I'd bet you money it would be a remake that didn't do the original justice. If we did by some miracle get a continuation, I would bet you triple the money that it wouldn't have the same art, style, writing, or characters as the original.

Through what convoluted manner did your pre-teen or early teen self manage to watch this episode after finding out about it's existence?

>fucks a hooker in the first episode
>fucks a space pirate bitch in the second
>spends the rest of the series getting cock blocked and/or cockblocking others (pic related)

So sex and adventure are mutually exclusive then? Is that what it was trying to tell us?

I figure that you could have a hook for Outlaw Star 2 by playing on this generational concept. In the first Outlaw Star, Gene grew up without a father and had to learn how to be a man. Say in the sequel it's 20 years later, he has a son of his own, and now has to teach his own boy how to grow up - can he impart the lessons he learned effectively, and can he be the father he never got to have himself?

All though the medium of hopelessly impractical but still really cool robot arm space battles.

His protege was a budding pussy slayer too. Starwind's aura was infectious.

Poor Jim ;_;

He's fucking Melfina with a side dish of Suzuka, I think he did alright in the end.

Tylor is disappointing because the tsundere won.

>tfw the series I really want to be continued won't be touched because it was never anywhere near as popular as those

Suffering.

tiger mask and tiger mask w has a 4 decade gap (TM II is ignored)

it has a chance.

Remember when this mother fucker escaped a black hole with sheer will power and Chinese magic?

Why didn't he fuck Aisha?

>He's fucking Melfina with a side dish of Aisha

FTFY.

It was worth it.

I'm still waiting for my Season 3 of Birdy the Mighty.

Aisha is for Jim only man.

Even if they did make more, could it hold up? Sunrise put a lot of money into Outlaw Star and Bebop, and that kind of dedicated talent doesn't exist anymore unless it's budgeted like a movie.

That show was so fucking god awful. By far the worst fucking MC I have ever seen, which is a shame because if it weren't for the beta piece of shit loser, it would have been 8/10 at least.

Because his dick would be broken off by her Ctarl Ctarl powered pussy.

No. See

Who cares all these humans! ctarl ctarl are the strongest and should be the main characters

What we need is more gravely voiced catgirls

To add more to the actual thread, I don't know if I want more. It'll probably be funded by crunchy and carry on network and be filled with shit. Hopefully the J. E. W. S. don't take this good memory from me as well. I was happy with the 100gb+ blue ray release we had a couple years back

Jim is a qt and deserves a nice human-ish girl.

The only generational thing I want is something like a Dirty Pair for every decade. The original and Flash were almost perfect distillations of their time periods.

Thanks for reminding me.
>reminder that no Spice and Wolf sequel
>reminder that no Darker than Black sequel
>reminder that no Sora no Woto sequel
>reminder that no Chihayafuru sequel
>reminder that no Kaiji sequel
>reminder that no Senjou no Horizon sequel
>reminder that no Haruhi sequel

You're a man of impeccable tastes.

I could see more being good if there was a lot of money and love put in, along with bringing back as much of the old crew as possible to help make it, but I highly doubt that would ever happen. Best to leave well enough alone, I'd hate to have one of my all time favorite shows ruined.

Aisha is the most human-ish girl in the show.

Daily reminder that you cannot fuck Melfina.

You can get mad, but you know I am right. He ruined the entire fucking show.

>nobody ever mentions Crest/Banner of the Stars

Feel like I'm the only person that loves that show.

Jim and ashia is the only reason to have reboot. comiket would destroy muh dick

If anything, it needed more adorable Jim and Melfina moments.

Who cares?
Also,
>implying you can't go in her dock and fuck in virtual space

Some of these decisions never made sense. They'll taken constant risks on shitty LNs no ones ever heard of, most of them get like 750 copies sold, and then are completely wiped from any memory unless you're keeping a watch list, yet ones that reliable sold 20k units are left to rot. Where is Horizon 3?

Do male ctarl-ctarl's have barbed dicks like Earth cats? Maybe they prefer human men for casual sex.

>expecting nips to use logic or business sense when it comes to what shows they make

Considering the lack of non-mecha space-oriented stuff, Crest would be awesome to see again.

I can't even remember the last anime space opera. Was it Boring Space Pirates?

>it's a young love episode
>the twist is that instead of learning to walk away from puppy love to pursue more important things Jim gets to unknowingly murder his love interest and then lives on thinking that she just abandoned him

Damn.

We got a Yamato remake.

Space has been a declining topic for Japan, after Japan was obsessed with it for 50 years. If you ask the kids of millennials today, they don't think space colonization/space exploration is a big part of the future.

They're more concerned with self customization, i.e. to change their height, change their face, to change their gender. Arguably that IS a future advancement, but it's not the hopeful retro 19th Century view of the final frontier most of us grew up romanticizing.

Quite certainly my fellow man of class

If they can get the crew back together and start the series with getting the crew together again 20 years after the show as the hook, I could see that working. It be fun to see where they go if they do it right.

>Female: darkskin, tomboyl, catgirl
>Male: shota
Yes

I'd rather it kind of stay that way then have any possible continuation ruin my feelings for a series.

Two things I've learned, live action and continuation of old series tend to disappoint moreso than live up to their expectations

I think there was one more recent than that, but the name escapes me, and it wasn't even very good either. The worst thing is the book series is still ongoing so there's plenty of material to adapt, but not only is there no intention of adapting more, but there isn't even fucking translations past Crest. I am so pissed about it that I have been considering learning moonrunes just so I can read the books since fan TLers would rather waste their time on shitty LNs, and the official TLs can't be bothered.

Sadly that is a sentiment shared in the west too. Makes me sad, space operas were what got me into anime to begin with. And wasn't Yamato insanely popular in Japan and kind of a cultural icon? I don't think Crest/Banner of the Stars has had that kind of impact.

The Trigun movie was just okay. And just being passable isn't something you want.

youtube.com/watch?v=d5yjcPHEhIk
youtube.com/watch?v=EYh-dCFb4Sg
I still absolutely love both EDs, the art and the music really complement each other.

Is the jap va better than english? I remember english dub being a bit rough with some recurring characters

I would actually say that Outlaw Star is one of those shows where the dub is superior to the sub, especially in the case of Gene. It's a shame his voice actor doesn't really seem to do voice over roles anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=skldqvXPqGQ

I absolutely loved Hiru no Tsuki. Was so calming. I just remember being confused with the girls that showed up in these though since they really didn't have much relation outside of a few maybe looking like melfina

What a waste.

In my opinion, they grow on you regardless of dub or sub, but the general rule is that jap is better than english so the safe bet would be to go with the jap version. I prefer the dub myself, but I prefer dubs for most western styled anime since it fits the setting way better than japanese, so I am biased.

Sub but only because Aisha sounds like total shit in the dub.

Fuck this episode.

Fuck, now I want to rewatch this anime. I'm never going to get to my backlog at this rate. Also I am surprised titties made it onto jewtube.

Neat.

Live adaptations can all go fuck off. On continuations or remakes, it's rare, but they can deliver. I like Yamato's remake for one.

>Sadly that is a sentiment shared in the west too. Makes me sad, space operas were what got me into anime to begin with. And wasn't Yamato insanely popular in Japan and kind of a cultural icon? I don't think Crest/Banner of the Stars has had that kind of impact.

Like Westerns, though, it's a largely finished genre, with most potential story arcs explored. Even Crest/Banner, what you're attracted to is a space-themed adolescent romance between a royal and a noble. Space itself is mostly a backdrop.

What I've found is that the "harder" the science tends to be now, the more interesting it is because nature itself provides the originality. Either that or politics and political drama do.

Muv-Luv Alternative was the last mecha anything I ever watched/played, and The Martian was the only sci fi movie I watched that didn't bore me to tears (even then, it got tiresome once it reached Apollo 13 territory). In both cases, space was involved but it explored different things from older works.

>dub is superior to the sub
Nah. Take off your nostalgia headphones, it has a lot of garbage moments. Most shows where dubfriends claim the dub is superior has an already great sub anyways.

>mfw Nadesico gets a sequel before Outlaw Star

Yamato feels, constrained? Outlaw Star was one of those shows where the galaxy is fun and adventurous, like the actual space version of Slayers. Both settings offer a wide world, but Outlaw Star's felt vast and limitless, which the concept art helped further. Like each one had some story behind it.

>Akino Arai
>mfw I've liked Akino for almost 20 years

On the other hand, you could consider Gene's voice unique because his actor didn't do much else. For me, Domon, Mewtwo and (in Japanese) Misuzu fit those roles.

Ayako Kawasumi did Melfina in the Outlaw Star Japanese dub and I don't hear Melfina anymore. I hear Ayako Kawasumi doing Melfina. It's like how no matter what role Tom Hanks does, he's always Tom Hanks playing X Character.

>you will never fondle !bio-android tiddies

it was good for the first 4 episodes

I don't think settings or stories being well worn necessarily makes them no longer appealing; originaity isn't the end all of storytelling. Revenge tales are as old as humans, yet they are consistently one of the most enjoyable stories for me, so I don't think saying that most space opera stories being well told makes them no longer appealing. Besides, anime rarely concerns itself with things like being original, so that should be even less of a barrier to the japs than it is to us. I agree that hard sci-fi tends to be more interesting, but telling a story but in space is rarely a bad thing to me, as space makes pretty much everything more interesting. If we're going to have endless SOL, haremshit, and schoolshit, then at least it could be set somewhere intriguing, right?

If you haven't seen it, you might want to check out Moon. Not hard by any means from what I remember, but one of the better sci-fi movies in recent years.

So wait can she have sex or not? Why give her boobs if she can't fuck?

His caster pistol is one of the coolest goddamned concepts for a weapon in anime. A shame it only got a short run.

Did the mangaka ever make another series?

Yes

It's not even that good overall, but it has some nice episode here and there.

What is it about this ED that is so goddamned pretty sounding?

youtube.com/watch?v=eEH59PX4q90

Akino is pretty good. It also helps when Melfina herself sings it during the show.

>I don't think settings or stories being well worn necessarily makes them no longer appealing

They do, though. Consider the minstrel show, what was once a legit medium is socially unacceptable to enjoy in 2017. In the case of Westerns, we can't go back to 1950's Westerns because they were politically incorrect, and glossed over a lot of the historical realities of the West. A lot of people can't watch Westerns without pretending that stuff like the Trail of Tears never happened, and for many that comes too close to Holocaust Denial for them to balance the load.

It's hard to dress up space when most of its great advocates like Clark and Sagan are dead now. The best you have is Neil Tyson, who is more famous for being a college-educated black man than being an astrophysicist.

Here:
youtube.com/watch?v=n_1zGE6f_VQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DxpIrTNh6A8

Now that BBT isn't public, where should I get music collections? I do have an account, but it's only a matter of time until my ratio plummets due to shit tier uploading.

Is it true that this was a failure in Japan and a success in the West?

I'd rather Yu Yu Hakusho come back, but that's uh impossible.

YYH should have ended with Toguro. I don't dislike Sensui, it's just that it feels like an out of place arc in that show. What follows after isn't exactly my favorite shit either.

The endings to this fill me with a deep sadness. I've never known why.

Bum around for an AB invite. Other than that, I have no idea. OSTs and nip music is harder to find than older and more obscure shows.

Sensui was kind of a clusterfuck that's payout was setting up for an even more random arc that is the demon world tournament

but yeah I wouldn't hold out for a YYH sequel, Togashi is in don't give a fuck mode when it comes to writing manga since he was super burned out during YYH. Maybe there might be a chance if and when HxH finishes, if ever

What was her fucking problem?

>check out these demon brothers, literally every demon known bows down to them because they're strong as fuck
>actually we have a ranking system, and they were borderline low a/high b demons lol and there's a ton of those, good luck
man was i pissed when that was first revealed

Post Aisha

Nothing?

She does good stuff, I'll give ya that

Loli Aisha.